• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v tromso

Looks weird the way the ball doesn't seem to lose that much speed as it splashes across the artificial surface, as it would if it was grass.

Played on pitches like this, better than grass, not sure what they're like with snow on though

Played on pitches like this, better than grass, not sure what they're like with snow on though

Really? You think so? A good grass pitch will always be better than an artificial one for me…or have I misunderstood your point mate?

Really? You think so? A good grass pitch will always be better than an artificial one for me…or have I misunderstood your point mate?

I've played on both, I personally prefer artificial, no idea why I just prefer playing on it.

Modern artificial turf is light years away from what we saw in English football in the 80's at Luton and QPR. The technology is now pretty amazing and the chances of injury are not nearly the same as back in the day, and not significantly higher than playing on grass.

What do you think a grass pitch would have been like in this weather? I suggest you try playing on one before dismissing it. I've been to a couple of the previous generation and they were almost preferable to grass. This one is top notch.

I have played on these with a light snow on Powerleague , goals etc they are lethal . Grass pitch all day long for me saying that don't play on many with any grass left on them this time of year :)

I've played on both, I personally prefer artificial, no idea why I just prefer playing on it.

Perhaps an age thing? This middle-aged trotter prefers the natural run of grass (even though the majority of my football these days is played indoor!!!!!)…artifical outdoor surfaces tend to offer up an extra 'skip'...

Sheriff have taken the lead against Anzhi after 52 minutes. Anything but an Anzhi win means we've won the group.

Back