• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v tromso

Perhaps an age thing? This middle-aged trotter prefers the natural run of grass (even though the majority of my football these days is played indoor!!!!!)…artifical outdoor surfaces tend to offer up an extra 'skip'...

Artificial pitches needs to be heavily watered to be at their best.

What do you think a grass pitch would have been like in this weather? I suggest you try playing on one before dismissing it. I've been to a couple of the previous generation and they were almost preferable to grass. This one is top notch.

Does it have some kind of technology to stop the snow from settling..underpitch heating or similar..

What do you think a grass pitch would have been like in this weather? I suggest you try playing on one before dismissing it. I've been to a couple of the previous generation and they were almost preferable to grass. This one is top notch.

I think its a waste of time us playing on a pitch type that we're never gonna be playing on in the league if this is supposed to be a practise exercise in getting our **** together.
Look at the way the ball is moving strangely. All we're gonna learn from the end of the game is how to pass the ball properly on this surface.

Our first decent chance. Good reverse ball by Townsend to Sig, who narrowly shoots across goal.

Perhaps an age thing? This middle-aged trotter prefers the natural run of grass (even though the majority of my football these days is played indoor!!!!!)…artifical outdoor surfaces tend to offer up an extra 'skip'...

Perhaps! Maybe its preference, I've played at whl and Wembley and who pitch is much better and I preferred artificial to Wembley.

Did you know that on 12 Nov 1944 Lancasters of the RAF sunk the German Battleship Tirpitz just outside of Tromso, Norway?

Back