• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

Between some of the levy , ENIC stuff I must say he does make some good points.

I don’t even mind the Levy stuff at least he’s consistent with it. Regardless of how others see it.

As I said last week. That’s the whole beauty of these forums. So long as it’s not abusive crack on. Positive or negative.
I’m happy with consistency
You can then choose to engage or ignore… the choice is there

I agree with your sentiments but I'm 64 and have been sold this 'things will get better line' for too long....

We were much better than man u and woolwich for a good few years in recent times but won nothing... They won 3 or 4 trophies each in that time....

We are a mentally weak club whose motto should be, ' stick with us, things will get better so keep spending your money '..
Same age and same sentiments too. Even a brick Man U won the cup last year and the Arse won it twice on the bounce when we were better than them.

I said it in the transfer thread earlier in the week, but we needed to be a bit braver in the transfer market and buy at least one top quality game changer per window.
That's where ENIC will continue to fail the club.

This window it was Eze. We won't be able to get him next year as he will end up at City, arsenal or Madrid.
The same thing happens every year.
We fudged up big time not buying Eze and Toney.

The frustration for me is we are so, so close to clicking and absolutely smashing teams.
I know I’m a broken record but you can’t rely on scoring 3 or 4 goals to win games consistently. On top of that, I missed the Everton game, but against Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine while we were dominant, I’m not sure we were missing sitter after sitter. The chances aren’t gimmes by any means.

But we gifted both Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine big chances.

Our problem is not missing chances.

Just looked and we had 1.24 to Leicester’s 1.02 Xg and Saudi Sportswashing Machine had 1.57 to our 1.26 Xg.

I’m not a big lover of the stat but I think it does tell a story in our case. We aren’t missing big chances by any means and, for all our dominance in games, we cough up much better chances than we create. I don’t need Xg to tell me that, I see it with my own eyes.

Just looked and we had 1.24 to Leicester’s 1.02 Xg and Saudi Sportswashing Machine had 1.57 to our 1.26 Xg.

I’m not a big lover of the stat but I think it does tell a story in our case. We aren’t missing big chances by any means and, for all our dominance in games, we cough up much better chances than we create. I don’t need Xg to tell me that, I see it with my own eyes.

Aside from Odobert’s miss it was a case of quality > quantity today

IMG_4257.jpeg

Yeah it was just the timing of it. Seconds after a loss. Yet never posts otherwise. But absolutely he’s always got some well thought out arguments.

Like I said to @Bedfordspurs , if I post regularly, I get accused of being obsessed. If I post rarely, I get accused of only posting at advantageous times by the forum police.

I can't win either way, so I don't bother playing that game mate.

And besides, I figure people know my views on our beloved owners and their 25 grinding years by now, so no point in me pinpointing their role in our stumbles. Had thoughts on our 'activity' in the transfer market - didn't make a single post on it all summer, because I think people know what I would say and it wouldn't make for an interesting discussion.

So, omitting discussion on our ownership model, what interests me is instead figuring out why we still fail in individual situations. Those are usually losses, and it's more interesting to me to chat about those and whether we can do better. As compared to going 'yay, we won' after a win, which I can do by myself at home.

I also find talking about other things helps me get along better with posters I disagree with but deeply respect, like @parklane1 and co. We can agree on other things and disagree on ENIC, and I'm fine with that mate.

Disappointing result for sure.

Parts of that performance was imo absolutely fantastic. Specifically the first part of the second half. But even parts of the first half. Saudi Sportswashing Machine were quite good, they're a team hoping to challenge for CL places. We had them hanging on at 1-1 at home, wasting time, not knowing what to do.

Frustrating to not get the result to go with the performance. Frustrating to lose/drop points in what seems to be a repeating pattern. But the potential in this team when things click is awesome.

We're still vulnerable, more vulnerable than we'd all like. There for sure are issues for Ange to keep working on. But some of the stuff we do...

Great post. Personally these days I just try and enjoy watching our games, rather than desperately hoping for a level of success that we’re very unlikely to have given our competitors’ financial advantage.
Yeh adjust our expectations, and the day doesn't end up being so bad. I wasn't even in a mood. Just resigned......take whatever is dished up!

I know I’m a broken record but you can’t rely on scoring 3 or 4 goals to win games consistently. On top of that, I missed the Everton game, but against Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine while we were dominant, I’m not sure we were missing sitter after sitter. The chances aren’t gimmes by any means.

But we gifted both Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine big chances.

Our problem is not missing chances.
I agree with the observation that we're not missing big chance after big chance.

I also agree that we can't rely on scoring 3 or 4 every game.

But goals also change football matches massively. Obviously impacts the result, but game state, confidence, style of play. We've had a couple of games now where we just as easily could have gotten the first or next goal, but it's come for our opponents. That's not just going to keep happening.

Agreed again, but as you also point out that stats don't tell the full story.

As we can see with our own eyes, we got into great areas again and again, we created a lot of shots even if they weren't great chances. When teams sit back like that the margins between a half decent and great chance are often quite small.

But for sure, we need to be a bit less vulnerable to counter attacks and giving away big chances too.

I said it in the transfer thread earlier in the week, but we needed to be a bit braver in the transfer market and buy at least one top quality game changer per window.
That's where ENIC will continue to fail the club.

This window it was Eze. We won't be able to get him next year as he will end up at City, arsenal or Madrid.
The same thing happens every year.
Eze would have been a similar cost to Solanke. If Ange and the transfer lads wanted Eze as the priority would Enic or Levy have stood in the way?

The way I see it we went for that game changer (perhaps top quality, perhaps not, time will tell) again this summer in Solanke. Like we did last season with Maddison. We also fixed the issue of having only one out and out striker by signing Solanke and keeping Richarlison.

Just so happened that both were injured at the same time, that will happen sometimes.

Imo had Solanke been fit for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game the story of our transfer window would most likely have been can different one post game.

Back