• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

Regarding Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s defending it did look like they were organised.

However at the same time I also saw them give away a load of easy chances, constantly lose the ball and fail to deal with our press. During that period I wasn’t thinking how well they were defending. Our poor finishing let us down

Yet they did all the basics well. Never gave us a free shot. Same can’t be said of us.

They are alert defensively. Sprint back into position. We needed that for their first goal. We were lazy and unaware. Naive.

Yeah, that was a little jarring to see. I'm hoping it's just tiredness, because otherwise it is not a great look for a player who's supposed to be a senior leader in the squad. Drag chased back, Romero looked like he was way behind.
Massive issue though as every gaol we have conceded has come because he did something fundamentally wrong
And I say that knowing the wind goal today was not all on him of course but make an effort FFS
First goal he runs out to their throw leaving a big gap
And lestah, enough said

That's a problem with Romero. He has good games and bad, but he isn't that leader at the back that you can depend on.

Even in this game - some of his defending was breathtaking, and his line-breaking passes are great to watch.

But then he does something like that for the second goal and undoes so much of that good work.

I've always felt that Romero would be at his very best in a three, as the libero pushing high while the two others drop deep to cover. In a two, he's called upon to hold the line and marshal the defense a lot, and it doesn't seem like that's a strength of his.

It might be a knee jerk reaction but I am well and truly fed up with these performances. Since the first 10 games of last season which by the way we were very very lucky to go 10 games unbeaten nothing has really changed. we will smash some teams like we did Everton but every game is like deja vu. Nothing seems to change if I could see some progression it would not be so bad

Yet they did all the basics well. Never gave us a free shot. Same can’t be said of us.

They are alert defensively. Sprint back into position. We needed that for their first goal. We were lazy and unaware. Naive.
Course they did
They always had 9 men behind the ball so can get in position

Even in this game - some of his defending was breathtaking, and his line-breaking passes are great to watch.

But then he does something like that for the second goal and undoes so much of that good work.

I've always felt that Romero would be at his very best in a three, as the libero pushing high while the two others drop deep to cover. In a two, he's called upon to hold the line and marshal the defense a lot, and it doesn't seem like that's a strength of his.
That would need a few BIG changes but it’s where he okayed in italy

Maddison’s inability to move quickly with the ball and pass it quickly is a huge issue to this team
He did some great stuff too but he takes 5 touches when 2 would do, a lot
Same could be said of Bissouma. But I thought both played well. Our midfield looked decent with the extra player (kulu).

Maddison’s inability to move quickly with the ball and pass it quickly is a huge issue to this team
He did some great stuff too but he takes 5 touches when 2 would do, a lot
First 20 mins, and tbh a lot of times since vibes fc died, we don't play that "brave" pass anymore.
We've shrunk back into our shell a fair bit, the runs, the angles and spaces are their but the passes aren't coming, maddison is a big culprit of it IMHO.
The break away goals are not going to help our confidence in playing these balls, youngsters like bergval and gray might be getting more game time than they expected.

That's a problem with Romero. He has good games and bad, but he isn't that leader at the back that you can depend on.
Which is why I don't get why people on here keep claiming he is world class, he really isn't.

You don't know what you're going to get from him, he can put in world class performances but he is nowhere near consistent enough to be world class....

gonad*s
Did you see son retreat when Johnson run in late on
Son doesn’t engage the CB… he retreats
Never has done it against low blocks
Son took up better positions in the box than Kulusevski. If Odobert made a simple forward pass to Son in the second half then Son would have scored. Did you miss when Son was on the edge of the box between the last defenders and Odobert never played him through? When did Kulu offer that?

Our passing as a team in the final third in the box is dreadful, including Son, but it is more down to the naive wingers than Son. Kane finds the pass to Son. Even Dele finds it. These lads don't even know how to cut it back to Son if it was on.

Son took up better positions in the box than Kulusevski. If Odobert made a simple forward pass to Son in the second half then Son would have scored. Did you miss when Son was on the edge of the box between the last defenders and Odobert never played him through? When did Kulu offer that?

Our passing as a team in the final third in the box is dreadful, including Son, but it is more down to the naive wingers than Son. Kane finds the pass to Son. Even Dele finds it. These lads don't even know how to cut it back to Son if it was on.
Edge if the box when as CF in this system you need to be the last man

Your now back j to talking when we players counter attacking football with Kane putting the ball over
This is possession ball so intelligence in in movement and the first touch are so key

Son was playing well wide… had room to play and did it
What changed second half was we added an attacker in midfield, not Son going CF
Sarr and maddsion who were poor, one was swapped

Yeah, figures. Also where he played for us under Conte for a while.

Am I misremembering, or did he also play in a three for Argentina when they won the WC?
Nah they had a 2
Him and Ottamendi with Martinez sometimes
For that to work here he would need to drop madddsion and play Kulu with bent turn or someone else who can run and pass

I laugh when people say "oh that was a dangerous cross, or that was put into a good area." If it fails to find a man, it was a brick cross. Just shows that the player is just hitting and hoping.
The one from Johnson in added time didn't find anyone, but it was indeed a great cross, but for some unknown reason, Son stopped his run and stood waiting on the penalty spot! There was no way Johnson could get it there! The only place he could deliver was across the box! If son had continued, as he should, he'd have a tap in at the back post.

Edge if the box when as CF in this system you need to be the last man

Your now back j to talking when we players counter attacking football with Kane putting the ball over
This is possession ball so intelligence in in movement and the first touch are so key

Son was playing well wide… had room to play and did it
What changed second half was we added an attacker in midfield, not Son going CF
Sarr and maddsion who were poor, one was swapped
You don't even understand what I am saying.

You can't even type properly.

You didn't even watch when Son was clean through as the last man and Odobert refused to play him in.

We were much better in the second half in part because Son did a better job stretching the back line of Saudi Sportswashing Machine than Kulusevski as a striker. It isn't even a debate.

Romero is vastly overrated, he is just not as good as people think because of his brain farts and distribution. I’m sure he would be world class in la liga or serie A but in the prem he is a liability.
From a raw talent perspective, he is world class but his decision making and discipline lets him down so badly time and again. And he’s not a kid.

So, while wanting to disagree with your post, sadly I think you are spot on.

Back