• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

Im not distraught. We didn’t expect a win. That we should have won and did enough to win is some encouragement.

Keep doing what we are doing but do it better, and we will prevail. Defend better. Be more clinical in front of goal.
But how we going to defend better.

Not seeing any signs of it. Same issue as last season and we don't appear to be working on it

There was a threat in the middle in the box in the second half, hence why we scored.

It isn't a disagreement, you are literally incompetent and need to stop replying to my posts.
Why don't you go and have a good cry, you're behaving like a two year old. We didn't score because we had a threat in the middle. Johnson did well from the wing to get the ball back across. Pope and Burns messed up and when the goal went in there was nobody in the middle providing any threat.

Easy way to make me stop replying to your posts, stop replying to mine or block me. Either way stops me having to read drivel from a child.

Why don't you go and have a good cry, you're behaving like a two year old. We didn't score because we had a threat in the middle. Johnson did well from the wing to get the ball back across. Pope and Burns messed up and when the goal went in there was nobody in the middle providing any threat.

Easy way to make me stop replying to your posts, stop replying to mine or block me. Either way stops me having to read drivel from a child.

We did score in the second half because we had more of a threat in the middle in the box.

A good manager adjusts the system if a key player is out, a highline without VDV is mad, a highline with him is bad enough

Agreed, but we know he's never going to change, so there's no point getting steamed over it mate.

He lives and dies by his one singular tactic - to be fair, quite a few modern managers do. But with Postecoglou it's especially pronounced.

And in this game, it worked...okay in general. Again, we didn't play badly, just lacked a cutting edge up front and pace at the back.

And the thing about dropping off is, that then affects how high you press, which is pretty central to the attacking part of our play, and indeed also defensively to an extent - high pressures prevent the opponent attacking us so much.

This loss was due to injuries. Nothing really wrong with the approach, just the personnel.

The number of dangerous crosses flashed across goal, a striker would have gotten on the end of at least one of those. But, Solanke, Richarlison, even Lankshear, all out, Kulusevski shows that he isn't a centre forward outside of a pre-season friendly or two, Son isn't one against low blocks - and so all those chances go begging.

At the back, that one breakaway that sealed our fate - Van de Ven catches Ramsey there. They just waited for us to get a little too high up, and then hit us where Dragusin didn't have the pace to recover and Romero stopped running.

The system needs a striker. The system needs a pacy center-back. When they are both out, this happens.

Of course, the club decided we didn't need backup for Van de Ven, so this will keep happening whenever he's out - thought that was a dereliction of duty, still do. But up front, we've just been unlucky.

One to write off and move on. We didn't play badly, Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't play well, we just lacked key personnel and the system cannot function without them.
Good post

I laugh when people say "oh that was a dangerous cross, or that was put into a good area." If it fails to find a man, it was a brick cross. Just shows that the player is just hitting and hoping.

That's what crossing is - wide players are tasked with getting the ball in to certain positions, it's also down to to central players to be in the right place at the right time

I laugh when people say "oh that was a dangerous cross, or that was put into a good area." If it fails to find a man, it was a brick cross. Just shows that the player is just hitting and hoping.
It's not hitting and hoping, it's putting it into an area that is hard to defend and making it as easy as possible for a striker if they get on the end of it. It's up to the forwards to get on the end of them or at least make an effort to.

But how we going to defend better.

Not seeing any signs of it. Same issue as last season and we don't appear to be working on it

There is nativity. Especially the first goal. We have to work on being aware and looking at the dangers when there’s a quick throw in. Castle were always ready with two banks of players between us and the goal. We give a free shot on goal from 5 yards out.

We have a young side. Away from home we are not strong enough.

Positives were the one touch passes. The speed of attacks.

Now we have to improve in both boxes. Not much more to be said.

I don't think it's about playing a high line or not.

Without VDV we can't have Romero stepping out leaving a huge gap at the back. Just hold the line with Dragusin.

Just seems like a lack of communication at the back.
Think it's more a lack of concentration and discipline with Romero. He has to learn that there is more to defending than rushing into tackles.

Back