• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

How disappointing was that? So much of it was very, very good. We murdered them for much of the second half. The sub at half time isn’t one I’d have made but it was instrumental in how much we dominated.

But we give away one goal through poor discipline and another through rank bad defending. So much is good about this team but there’s a glaring Achilles heel. You can’t defend like we do at this level. We have an excellent keeper and great defenders and a tinkle poor defence. That tells the story.

Thought Johnson was very good too for all the stick he takes. Better than Odobert who I thought was ordinary today.

Disappointed with that.

We have good defenders when 1 on 1, but it's not working at the back. Gifted up the points.

Some good play getting forward, but we need to get points off arsenal.

Bit tough when the aim of the game is to score goals and not let any in. By those metrics I think decent is a stretch.

We're a decent watch in moments during the game in my opinion. But we don't create good chances and give great ones away.
I don't enjoy it either but if the players could choose logical five yard passes then we would make high quality chances. Odebert also could have squared a ball to a free Son but decided to try to shoot through two defenders instead.

This loss was due to injuries. Nothing really wrong with the approach, just the personnel.

The number of dangerous crosses flashed across goal, a striker would have gotten on the end of at least one of those. But, Solanke, Richarlison, even Lankshear, all out, Kulusevski shows that he isn't a centre forward outside of a pre-season friendly or two, Son isn't one against low blocks - and so all those chances go begging.

At the back, that one breakaway that sealed our fate - Van de Ven catches Ramsey there. They just waited for us to get a little too high up, and then hit us where Dragusin didn't have the pace to recover and Romero stopped running.

The system needs a striker. The system needs a pacy center-back. When they are both out, this happens.

Of course, the club decided we didn't need backup for Van de Ven, so this will keep happening whenever he's out - thought that was a dereliction of duty, still do. But up front, we've just been unlucky.

One to write off and move on. We didn't play badly, Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't play well, we just lacked key personnel and the system cannot function without them.

Back