• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Not too fussed about Hudd's omission. Has he ever performed away from home against a top 6 side? Good squad player but I don't think him starting today would make much difference. Probably should be on the bench though.

you sir, are a ********* ***** ****

Jenas is a 'naturally' fit player though, I'm sure he will be back to an acceptable level of fitness far faster than thudd!

Or maybe avb doesn't rate him but i'm clinging on to that hope as it would be a massive blow to my confidence in AVB if he didn't rate thudd.

Of course one of the reasons that Jenas is more match fit than Hudd, if that is the case, is that he seemed to get more pre-season match time (can anyone check this) which suggests either Hudd was injured, or AVB rates Jenas over Hudd. And as Hudd appears not to be injured, that unfortunately leaves the latter reason...

I think it's because Hudd took longer to get fit than Jenas and is less mobile and athletic.

jenas is mobile and does fudge all, id rather have hudd who can affect a game. hopefully avb will soon realise this

Come on, we have to look at it more balanced than this.

It isn't a case of AVB picking favourites. He hasn't brought any of these players in. He has no reason to rate Jenas or Livermore ahead of Huddlestone. He has just started a new job where he absolutely has to be a success. He has no agenda. If he has taken Jenas and left Huddlestone back it is obviously because Jenas has some quality that AVB thinks can be useful.

To be honest, if we are intending on playing a quick pressing game, I would worry that we would be leaving massive gaps in our midfield because Huddlestone isn't getting tight to his man quick enough. I back Jenas to fit into the team quite well doing that.

Thudd -if you are reading this, we love you, even if AVB doesn't. Well I do anyway. (In a great-admiration-for-talented-football-players kind of way -if you know what I mean).

hudds injured you primma donnas. who says avb doesn't like him? where do you nuts come up with this brick?

Lets just hope AVB is not as stubborn as he was at Chelsea when everyone though he was a massive joke. If Jenas is a part of his plans then Levy needs to urgently sign players because he is not the kind of quality we need to see anymore. He has had enough chances, and despite many managers backing him has repeatedly disappointed.

hudds injured you primma donnas. who says avb doesn't like him? where do you nuts come up with this brick?

How do you know that? Hudd says on his own twitter page (in response to a question asking if he is injured) he is fit but just not involved.He also trained this morning at Lodge with Bassong et al. So why not get your facts right before talking brick?

Last edited:
Jenas is a 'naturally' fit player though, I'm sure he will be back to an acceptable level of fitness far faster than thudd!

Or maybe avb doesn't rate him but i'm clinging on to that hope as it would be a massive blow to my confidence in avb if he didn't rate thudd.

I like Jenas but have come to realise he is pretty limited.

I really thought we would be very active in the transfer market and we were building towards this summer over the last couple of years.

The conclusion of many on this thread is that AVB has repeated his error at Chelsea and marginalised a fan favourite. Perhaps it would be better to play a few games first.

I agree with the view that Hudd will take time to reach full fitness and that Jenas has a more naturally fit physique. So its not unreasonable to pick a fully fit Jenas over a less than fully fit Hudd. I'd be surprised if AVB continues to favour Jenas over Hudd. But I'll hold the criticism until he actually does and persists with it while losing.

Also some players fit a system. Perhaps AVB's one is the thing Jenas has been waiting for to fulfil his potential. ;)

Last edited:
Hudd not even in the squad is a mistake simple as. I have a feeling this is going be a recurring theme in the match thread.

Jenas may be athletic but this isn't the bloody Olympics. I don't buy this idea that Jenas is going to be better at pressing the ball. I haven't seen anything in Jenas' play to support that argument. In fact I've frequently seen him run up to an opposing player, stop 6 yards in front of him and stick both arms out. Why I don't know but he loves doing it. That's not pressing and is easy to bypass with a pass.

Sorry Jermaine you've had your chances and failed to take them.

Hudd not even in the squad is a mistake simple as. I have a feeling this is going be a recurring theme in the match thread.

Jenas may be athletic but this isn't the bloody Olympics. I don't buy this idea that Jenas is going to be better at pressing the ball. I haven't seen anything in Jenas' play to support that argument. In fact I've frequently seen him run up to an opposing player, stop 6 yards in front of him and stick both arms out. Why I don't know but he loves doing it. That's not pressing and is easy to bypass with a pass.

Sorry Jermaine you've had your chances and failed to take them.

Completely agree, especially as he was complete rubbish in pre-season.

Back