• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Merson and Charlie Nicholas unsurprisingly absolutely tearing into the sacking of Harry and Spurs in general. So predictable.

We are up there to be shot at. We don't start well and it is very dangerous.

I think the average football fan has more intelligence nowadays than to blindly follow what the mongs on Soccer Saturday trot out.

Anyone expect them to actually have some knowledge and well reasoned thoughts? :lol:

Of course not, both ex drinkers and coke-heads, and both massively gutted that AFC have lost their talisman so the only thing they can do is slate us

If Huddlestone is match fit, and only not playing because of AVB's judgement, then I fear we are in for a difficult season. I think the Spurs we are going to see under AVB will be all physical effort, short passing and efficiency, with little flair and creativity. I don't want to see a Spurs team where Jenas fits better and is preferred over Huddlestone...

The trouble is we already know, because we have seen it with our own eyes, over many seasons, what it is going to take AVB half a season to figure out for himself, and even then I'm not sure he won't just try and persist with his vision of how we should play football, even if it turns out patently unsuitable for the Premiership, and doesn't work.

I really hope we don't sell Huddlestone, I just know he will go to a team where a manager values his qualities and be an immense player for another team.

Any team news yet ?

Getting nervous already. Apart from strikers, really worried about our centre midfield. Without Parker and Modric, we look very weak there. I think AVB will need all his managerial capabilities to get something out of this match.

I am worried tbh. Heard a rumour that West Ham bid £5million for Thudd. Assuming he's fit I'm terrified he's been left behind to get the deal done quicker.

Should definitely be at least in the squad today.

If Huddlestone is match fit, and only not playing because of AVB's judgement, then I fear we are in for a difficult season. I think the Spurs we are going to see under AVB will be all physical effort, short passing and efficiency, with little flair and creativity. I don't want to see a Spurs team where Jenas fits better and is preferred over Huddlestone...

The trouble is we already know, because we have seen it with our own eyes, over many seasons, what it is going to take AVB half a season to figure out for himself, and even then I'm not sure he won't just try and persist with his vision of how we should play football, even if it turns out patently unsuitable for the Premiership, and doesn't work.

I really hope we don't sell Huddlestone, I just know he will go to a team where a manager values his qualities and be an immense player for another team.

Yeah but AVB is better tactically and has brought who we needed to fill the gaps.

Sorry cant help it. I aint gonna jump on AVBs back. Hudd should be playing though and fudgein weird. Imagine if it was Harry grrrr

I think it's purely that he isn't physically the type of player AVB wants - namely that he isn't quick enough. Doesn't mean that AVB doesn't want creative players though.

Merson and Charlie Nicholas unsurprisingly absolutely tearing into the sacking of Harry and Spurs in general. So predictable.

We are up there to be shot at. We don't start well and it is very dangerous.

Back to the old days of 'Everybody hates us' ? Sod it....we dont care

Robbo

Ifil
Naybet
King
Atouba

Ziegler
Sean Davis
Micky Brown
Routlege

Kanoute
Defoe

'Castle 4 - 0 Spurz.

Any team news yet ?
Getting nervous already. Apart from strikers, really worried about our centre midfield. Without Parker and Modric, we look very weak there. I think AVB will need all his managerial capabilities to get something out of this match.

You're keen. Probably around 4.30pm-4.40pm I would guess

As always, team sheets are handed in one hour before kick off at the latest, but not much sooner.

It's going tobe a fudging disaster.canjust feelit. And levy should takes huge huge slice of responsibility. Not getting a striker is ludicrous and absolutely damaging. It will affect our start and the press and these ****ing pundits are already on our backs. We're going and Avis going to get absolutely crucified when we play badly or lose.

Though playing jeans ahead of thudd is fudging terrifying. Not a great first major decision AVB. I absolutely detest Jenas and really never want to see the useless cretin in a spurs shirt again.

Got a feeling were going to get battered today and the negativity really is going to be unbearable

Yeah but AVB is better tactically and has brought who we needed to fill the gaps.

Sorry cant help it. I aint gonna jump on AVBs back. Hudd should be playing though and fudgein weird. Imagine if it was Harry grrrr

I think you are right re Harry that AVB is better tactically. Although I'm a little worried that AVB might be at the other end of tactics scale tending towards overhinking things. Also I'm not sure that his tactical vision will (a) work in the premiership b) work without absolutely the right players he needs to make it work -and will he get those? And so we get AVB lite - which is probably the worse of both worlds.

And if he does get the team set up the way he wants to play -I'm not sure whether I'm going to like that style of play (although if we win a lot I'm sure I can be persuaded).

Well, if we lose, consider it a litmus test. We, all of us (well, those who didn't mind Harry being sacked all that much anyway) made a pledge to support our new manager. We accepted that there probably would be setbacks before we saw much in the way of sustained success.

Well, if we do lose today (and that's a big 'if'), remember that, and cruise on regardless. The era is just beginning.

Well, if we lose, consider it a litmus test. We, all of us (well, those who didn't mind Harry being sacked all that much anyway) made a pledge to support our new manager. We accepted that there probably would be setbacks before we saw much in the way of sustained success.

Well, if we do lose today (and that's a big 'if'), remember that, and cruise on regardless. The era is just beginning.

Good post and very true...

I think we as Spurs fans need a siege mentality, like a Millwall no one likes us we dont care..

Let the press and the pundits have a go, 99% of them know fudge all anyhow..

Lets support the players selected by AVB and get behind them 100%

My thoughts to a t. It will be a huge statement if we sell Thudd. To even think of selling him is a betrayal of everything that Spurs stands for - flair, vision, imagination, invention. I'm already struggling to summon up interest (never mind enthusiasm) for the AVB brand but to replace Thudd with Jenas, of all people, well, that would just about kill me off. Keith Burkinshaw made a similar almighty gaffe on his arrival when he allowed Pat Jennings to go to Arsenal but that was after we'd already been relegated to the old Division Two.

Gawd help us!!

Hudd says on Twitter he definitely isn't involved but is fit. Have to say even if he wasn't a started under this system, the fact that Jenas is in the squad (and started under AVB during pre-season) worries me deeply. Take away Modric, Parker, Ade and add in the continuing lack of depth in key areas and we are in a dangerous spot right now. The worry is AVB persists with a system without the right personnel and is inflexible to changing. I truly hope I am wrong, and that we can get a result today. For sure we still have lots of quality, but we will slip back, not progress, if we don't strengthen quickly.

Back