• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Good post and very true...

I think we as Spurs fans need a siege mentality, like a Millwall no one likes us we dont care..

Let the press and the pundits have a go, 99% of them know fudge all anyhow..

Lets support the players selected by AVB and get behind them 100%

If he ignores Huddlestone in the future and plays Jenas it is going to be fudging hard to do that, I just hope that Huddlestone is not fully fit and Jenas is a temporary back up, Huddlestone would be ideal in a five man midfield the only thing I can think of is that his ankle is not right.

People are really over-reacting with Huddlestone. It's clear you have to be a bit more mobile with the way AVB wants to play, and so Jenas would fit into that.

Wouldn't people rather have players suited to a particular way of playing? It doesn't mean AVB won't want to play attacking football, with flair. It just means Huddlestone doesn't fit. Shame because he was one of my favourite players, but I'm really not worried.

He might be match fit according to himself but he's been out an awful long time, hopefully avb just wants to take longer to bring him up to speed.

No way should any manager who prides himself on his tactics be unable to find a use for a player as talented as hudd.

Well, if we lose, consider it a litmus test. We, all of us (well, those who didn't mind Harry being sacked all that much anyway) made a pledge to support our new manager. We accepted that there probably would be setbacks before we saw much in the way of sustained success.

Well, if we do lose today (and that's a big 'if'), remember that, and cruise on regardless. The era is just beginning.

Like I say I never wanted AVB and certainly didnt want Harry sacked however I wont be getting on AVBs back either. In all honesty he has had the same crap from Levy that im sure Harry had - lack of players in crucial areas.

However it staggers me - the Thudd omission.

He might be match fit according to himself but he's been out an awful long time, hopefully avb just wants to take longer to bring him up to speed.

No way should any manager who prides himself on his tactics be unable to find a use for a player as talented as hudd.

I would believe that except Jenas has been out for just as long - so puts your suggestion (albeit im sure just devils advocate) out of the water so to speak

Good post and very true...

I think we as Spurs fans need a siege mentality, like a Millwall no one likes us we dont care..

Let the press and the pundits have a go, 99% of them know fudge all anyhow..

Lets support the players selected by AVB and get behind them 100%

'siege mentality'. That was the exact phrase I wanted to see used on this forum for the entirety of the the last two months. Well said.

Agree that Hudd may not fit system but to not make the squad is still a major surprise. And Jenas may work better in the system but he is still rubbish.

Not too fussed about Hudd's omission. Has he ever performed away from home against a top 6 side? Good squad player but I don't think him starting today would make much difference. Probably should be on the bench though.

'siege mentality'. That was the exact phrase I wanted to see used on this forum for the entirety of the the last two months. Well said.

Whats the siege mentality got to do with anything? I dont give a brick what others say i.e. the outsiders. I give a brick how well we prepare, perform and achieve. I want us to have the best possible opportunity to do so.

People are really over-reacting with Huddlestone. It's clear you have to be a bit more mobile with the way AVB wants to play, and so Jenas would fit into that.

Wouldn't people rather have players suited to a particular way of playing? It doesn't mean AVB won't want to play attacking football, with flair. It just means Huddlestone doesn't fit. Shame because he was one of my favourite players, but I'm really not worried.
OMG. Always thought you talked sense BoL - until now. There is no way on GHod's earth that playing Jenas over Thudd can ever make sense when both are fully fit. True, Jenas HAS played the occasional blinder but his norm is yilding possession almost as often as he passes sideways and back. If that is the kind of stuff you and AVB are inviting us to approve of then, like I say, gawd help us.

The trouble is with Jenas and Livermore we only have one half of the pressing game. Barcelona press and at the same time have the world's best creative, attacking, goal scoring midfielders. With the likes of Jenas you press, pass the ball sideways and backwards, fail to score, get tired from all the pressing, fail to press, concede goals. Anyway the idea that Huddlestone is immobile is a bit of a myth, I've seen him play games when fully fit where he is been very mobile in the midfield -but as importantly he sees a quick forward pass -which Jenas rarely does.

Will be a really interesting game today.

Agree that Hudd may not fit system but to not make the squad is still a major surprise. And Jenas may work better in the system but he is still rubbish.

If it was Harry or a Harry type manager then Huddlestone would definitely be in the squad - because he picked talented players and let them play in the way that suited them.

But this is what many people asked for and what they were annoyed at Harry about - we didn't have a system, we didn't look like we had a plan etc. We've now got a manager that has a more defined way of playing, and he will always play players that suit it.

If Jenas plays in the AVB system and suits it, he won't be rubbish. He'll actually be pretty good. Same with Livermore.

The trouble is with Jenas and Livermore we only have one half of the pressing game. Barcelona press and at the same time have the world's best creative, attacking, goal scoring midfielders. With the likes of Jenas you press, pass the ball sideways and backwards, fail to score, get tired from all the pressing, fail to press, concede goals. Anyway the idea that Huddlestone is immobile is a bit of a myth, I've seen him play games when fully fit where he is been very mobile in the midfield -but as importantly he sees a quick forward pass -which Jenas rarely does.

Will be a really interesting game today.

We will have 3 more creative players in behind Defoe up top so that's where it will come from, but Livermore can pass forward well...we just need our Modric replacement which AVB has said we are going for.

I won't argue on Huddlestone's mobility, maybe he is absolutely fine on it, but the fact is he is creative, a good passer, incisive, and if AVB is leaving him out it is for some reason. Probably will be something to do with his physical attributes.

Whats the siege mentality got to do with anything? I dont give a brick what others say i.e. the outsiders. I give a brick how well we prepare, perform and achieve. I want us to have the best possible opportunity to do so.

The way it should be. Quite a few august Spurs ans over the past few months have appeared a wee bit too concerned with how the club would look- to the players, to the media, to other fans. Just pointing that out.

jenas is mobile and does fudge all, id rather have hudd who can affect a game. hopefully avb will soon realise this

I would believe that except Jenas has been out for just as long - so puts your suggestion (albeit im sure just devils advocate) out of the water so to speak

Jenas is a 'naturally' fit player though, I'm sure he will be back to an acceptable level of fitness far faster than thudd!

Or maybe avb doesn't rate him but i'm clinging on to that hope as it would be a massive blow to my confidence in avb if he didn't rate thudd.

Huddlestone plays the ball early, he plays it long or he can play it short, he is capable of ten or more goals a season also he will put his foot in and will not be bullied, Jenas and Livermore are not good enough to clean his boots, how the hell Livermore is rated so highly I just cant see.

jenas is mobile and does fudge all, id rather have hudd who can affect a game. hopefully avb will soon realise this

Agree with this. Nothing about introducing a system should involve privileging mobility over ability. Harry gets slated repeatedly these days (with revisionism running amok) but he valued ability. It is one reason why I truly hope we are serious about replacing Modric, because his quality is essential to pushing the top 4 and trying to move beyond what Harry achieved (which after all was the logic for his sacking).

Back