• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea Rent Boys F.A Cup SF ***

Am I the only one wondering whether in order to play both Wanyama and Son he might move Jan out to the left to replace Davies? Unlikely I know because both Dier and Aldereiweld prefer the right side of CB but it's a possibility. It would also mean reverting to a back four but against Cheatski that should work out okay.

That way we'd be solid at the back but have more chances of scoring.

Am I the only one wondering whether in order to play both Wanyama and Son he might move Jan out to the left to replace Davies? Unlikely I know because both Dier and Aldereiweld prefer the right side of CB but it's a possibility. It would also mean reverting to a back four but against Cheatski that should work out okay.

That way we'd be solid at the back but have more chances of scoring.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. We're playing magnificently at the moment. No need to shuffle players around and break up the links and flow we have.

I just hope our players do their talking on the pitch and don't get into a phoney war of words like happened before the Battle of the Bridge last year. When in doubt, stay shtumm is my advice.

So you would leave Wanyama on the bench against Cheatski?

Wanyama or Son? That is essentially a choice between 3421 or 4231?
This is probably a season defining decision for Poch.
Get it right and we could well go on to win the double. Get it wrong.......it doesn't bear thinking about!
Hope he gets it spot on. COYS

There's an argument that the key to United beating them were man marking Hazard and having pace up front.

I think that i would err on the side of caution and drop Son and revert to 3-4-2-1 but understand the counterargument.

I am similarly torn; like you i would also probably err on the side of 3-4-2-1 given who we have played in recent weeks, the size of the Wembley pitch and Son's sometimes erratic ball control

I am similarly torn; like you i would also probably err on the side of 3-4-2-1 given who we have played in recent weeks, the size of the Wembley pitch and Son's sometimes erratic ball control

United had two up front and kept their back three busy. You would hope that Kane and Alli should be able to do that between them.

United had two up front and kept their back three busy. You would hope that Kane and Alli should be able to do that between them.

Indeed; plus Eriksen will hopefully have similar space to roam and dictate like in the game in January, where Walker's forward runs made the Chelski defence be in two-minds as to who to pick up

Although it appears that we have seamlessly reverted back to the 4-2-3-1 it has been against the so called weaker teams. 3-4-2-1 has longed looked our preferred formation and although Sonny has been on fire i would start with Victor back in with Moose.

As long as Victor Moose and Dier are available then all options are open for us and it only takes one sub to change it.

It is pretty nuanced anyway as the full backs are bombing on in either system as Dier has been doing the dropping in between Toby/Verts thing since he has been back in midfield. The only combo that isn't proven is Dier/Victor as the two midfielders.

I think we have one creative on form player too many for them. Alli, Kane and Eriksen's movement has been superb, Son's too for that matter. But I think he will look to lock down Hazard and Kante. Pedro needs watching too. Our width will be vital, thus the Davies/Vertonghen/Dembele factor is huge (Walker is all good)...Dembele and Verts will be absolutely massive and if they are on their 'A' games, if Moose shoots a bit more and Jan continues to carry forward and pass like he has been the last few games, I genuinely cannot see anything other than a win for us.

I think we have one creative on form player too many for them. Alli, Kane and Eriksen's movement has been superb, Son's too for that matter. But I think he will look to lock down Hazard and Kante. Pedro needs watching too. Our width will be vital, thus the Davies/Vertonghen/Dembele factor is huge (Walker is all good)...Dembele and Verts will be absolutely massive and if they are on their 'A' games, if Moose shoots a bit more and Jan continues to carry forward and pass like he has been the last few games, I genuinely cannot see anything other than a win for us.

The other advantage of three at the back is that it allows Davies to concentrate on getting forward, knowing that he has cover behind him. In 4-2-3-1 he has the whole of the left to cover and his lack of pace becomes more of an issue.

Don't think we'll manmark Hazard, but I think Poch will opt for the strong center and look to bring Sonny off the bench to potentially change the game later on. Might be even more important in a match that will potentially go 120.

-------------------Lloris-------------
--------Dier---Toby---Jan
--Walker--------------------Davies (rose, if fit)
----------Mousa---Wanyama---
-------Eriksen-----Kane-------Alli

Likely Subs: Son, Jannsen, Sissoko (ugh)

The other advantage of three at the back is that it allows Davies to concentrate on getting forward, knowing that he has cover behind him. In 4-2-3-1 he has the whole of the left to cover and his lack of pace becomes more of an issue.
Problem is once Davies gets forward he keeps passing the ball back whence it came. He just will not take his man on. fudging does my head in. Matters less when we have Son but no Son means no threat from the left flank.

Come on Saturday, hurry up.

I have bought a bag of dog biscuits to leave at the local badger sett on Friday.

Will be spelling out some runes "coys".

Back