• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

Hate to have to be so negative but we are a total shambles and can't see us getting anything from the game today....

Looking at other peoples views on here and putting them all together we have a dodgy keeper who is starting to rival Gomes, central defenders who can't head the ball, too slow, drift out of position and just don't know how to defend.

We have a midfield that can't keep the ball long enough when pressured and lack real creativity in the final third...

Our two little strikers aren't scoring and don't influence the game otherwise. Out alternative big striker is lazy and plays one good game in 10....

I agree with all of the above and would also add that there is not a natural leader on the pitch - Dwason is too much of a nice guy. We have a negative mentality that cannot perform for 90 minutes and if we go a goal up we seem unable to continue playing in the same way that got us in front. There is not a real style of play - we are not overly physical, creative or energetic....

How many league games in 2013 have we won by 2 or more league goals? Off the top of my head I can only think of three (Emirates Marketing Project, Norwich and Villa). We have been rescued by wonder goals from Bale and some dodgy penalty decisions... Take away a lot of points that we 'sneaked' and it would show our true standing in the league and where our aspirations should probably lie...

I'm gutted quite honestly.... but off to have a shower now and then down the pub full of illogical optimism.. 3-1 to Spurs and Adebayor to score the first goal.

COYS....please.

away from home, pretty well.....anyway, im sure Timmy will have a different approach to AVB and tweak the way the same players play

It hasn't worked out well because of our inverted wingers. We have achieved better results way from home the home team attacks more, which in turns gives us more space to attack in when we go forward. Inverted wingers has had nothing at all to do with it. It has just made us slow, predictable, narrow and easy to defend against.

I have no faith in us plating with two inverted wingers at all. We need at least one winger to stay side, run at players and get the ball into the box.

And how has that been working out?

We don't have much choice if we do not have players available to play with natural wide men.

Personally, I think that traditional wingers are too easy to defend against and we shouldn't be looking to move in that direction but that is a different debate.

Walker and Rose offer enough pace and width. I'm fed up with Lennon now, rarely scores, rarely assists, offering balance and defensive protection doesn't cut it for me anymore. Impact sub now until there's tangible evidence that he's bringing something to the side consistently.

Walker and Rose offer enough pace and width. I'm fed up with Lennon now, rarely scores, rarely assists, offering balance and defensive protection doesn't cut it for me anymore. Impact sub now until there's tangible evidence that he's bringing something to the side consistently.

Yet we always look better as a team with Lennon on the right, and that has been the case for meny years.

He's been among our best players whenever he has plater on the right this season too.

We don't have much choice if we do not have players available to play with natural wide men.

Personally, I think that traditional wingers are too easy to defend against and we shouldn't be looking to move in that direction but that is a different debate.

We have been extremely easy to defend against this season when playing inverted wingers. Perhaps if we had had players like David Silva or Aguero, who are among the best in the would, we cold have played that way. When you have less talenter players in your squad, you have play in a less intricate way.

It hasn't worked out well because of our inverted wingers. We have achieved better results way from home the home team attacks more, which in turns gives us more space to attack in when we go forward. Inverted wingers has had nothing at all to do with it. It has just made us slow, predictable, narrow and easy to defend against.

I have no faith in us plating with two inverted wingers at all. We need at least one winger to stay side, run at players and get the ball into the box.

oh i agree with you about the inverted wingers, im not a fan at all. Results have been good away, but the football has been poor just like at home.

Yet we always look better as a team with Lennon on the right, and that has been the case for meny years.

He's been among our best players whenever he has plater on the right this season too.

It's a really tricky one with Lennon. He's such a talented footballer, and does add great balance, but he does sort of fall into the trap, like so many of our other players, of looking dangerous, but not actually being dangerous - him, Rose, Walker, Defoe. Maybe it's an English thing....

Thing is, he's still by far our best option on the right.

We have been extremely easy to defend against this season when playing inverted wingers. Perhaps if we had had players like David Silva or Aguero, who are among the best in the would, we cold have played that way. When you have less talenter players in your squad, you have play in a less intricate way.

I agree that there has not been enough variety in our attacking this season and that we have been flat, slow and predictable but I do not think that this is an inherent problem with 4-2-3-1 or inverted wingers. If that is how the squad has been assembled to play (and I believe that it has), I think that we would be better trying to play that way well than to move to a formation that we do not have the players for.

Find it hard to get motivated for this match. Really annoyed we are going into this match without a permanent manager. Idiot Levy should have just let AVB continue if he didn't have any new manager ready to take over. How can you expect players respond to a temporary manager ? As proven against WestHam on Wednesday, you really need an experienced manager to handle a team like Spurs.

Still not sure what kind of team lineup Sherwood will play out. Just hope the players will step up their game just to prove their worth to the new manager. I think Adebayor deserves to start after scoring that good goal against West Ham. If Adebayoe does start, would prefer Defoe to play with him. Soldado seems to be more wastefull than Defoe. Sill annoyed about Soldado's miss against Liverpool which could have turned the game for us and AVB. But Defoe badly needs to score a league goal despite scoring many Cup goals. It will be great if Lamela gets to starts. It will be interesting how Sherwood uses him in the team.

Really sure what kind of midfield will turn up in this match. We seem to be affected by a lot of injury problems and suspension now. I think Dembele and Lennon will be our key players in this match. Want to see both of them to step up and help our attacks more. It is time Sigurdsson get back his goal scoring form as well. Wish Sandro is fit for this match as he will greatly help our defence.

I think the entire defence needs to prove their worth in this match. All of them, including the goalkeepers, have made atleast a few crucial mistakes in the past few matches. It is disappointing that we cannot seem to keep a clean sheet nowadays. Southampton have a good attack this season, so it will be some achievement if we can keep a clean sheet here.

Still not sure how to react to the team after AVB got sacked. We no longer have the feel-good factor that we had when AVB was around. I used to look forward to AVB's goal celebrations whenever we score a goal. But now we will badly miss that. Sherwoon doesn't seem like someone who will celebrate wildly like AVB. I guess we badly need to get back to winning ways to get back some of the feel-good factor. Hope we will do just that by winning this match.

Gazzaniga
Chambers - Hooiveld - Lovren - Fox
Cork - Schneiderlin
Lallana - Davies - Rodriguez
Lambert​

That defence really should be attacked. Hooiveld is awful, Chambers looks a good prospect but he certainly isn't as good as Clyne and no Shaw is a big loss for Southampton.

BcFverXCMAAT_1n.png

Back