• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

It is imperative that we get some positives out of this game. A win, in my honest opinion, is not paramount. This game, for me, is all about the performance and the reaction of the players involved.

I have rarely been more nervous about a game. I dread the fall-out over another humiliation.

Good luck today team...do yourselves proud.

I'd go:

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Chiriches
Rose

Lennon (Eriksen 60)
Capoue
Dembele
Holtby (Sigurdsson 80)

Lamela
Soldado (Adebayor 70)

And to give some justification to it all:

Southampton will move the ball around well in the midfield so we need players in the middle who can hassle them and make things tricky. Holtby isn't a natural winger, but we'll need someone who will drift inside and make an extra man for us in the centre, which is exactly what he'll do. In a deeper role, he'll also pass the ball better to help us retain possession and create chances on the counter. Dembele and Capoue will provide strength and steel in the middle of the park, Lennon the width and the more direct threat. Get Capoue to sit back and stay close to Lallana, don't let him run at Dawson.

Up front, we'll have two strikers. Lamela I feel is most suited to playing up front in the Aguero/Suarez role alongside another striker, so let's give him the chance to use his pace and run in behind the opposition. That will help peg Southampton back a little and relieve some of the pressure on our defence. It will hopefully give him a chance to show us his finishing ability that he demonstrated at Roma and also the passing ability that we've seen in flashes as he'll be closely supported by Soldado or Lennon making runs alongside him when he's on the ball. Having an extra striker will mean that Soldado isn't completely isolated when in possession, and that opposition defenders will be dragged away from Soldado especially when Lamela who likes to run with the ball is in possession.

Later in the game, we bring on Eriksen for a bit more creative spark, as gaps will be starting to appear that we can pick out passes into. At this point, Lamela will shift a bit further wide, with Eriksen cutting in from the other flank and then Holtby, Dembele, Capoue making up a three man midfield. As the opposition defence begins to tire, the last thing they'll want to see is a big, fast striker with unpredictable movement coming on, which is why we bring on Adebayor in the later stages. Finally, Sigurdsson can come on to replace Holtby who will surely have tired himself out by the 80th minute.

Things are a little different if we're losing, because if they put 10 men behind the ball (unlikely at home) then we'll need Lennon to keep width to our play and create more space for our attackers, perhaps bring on Defoe for Dembele or Holtby in that situation. Or if they throw everything forward in search of an equaliser to an early lead we've taken, then Lennon's pace on the counter will be useful. But generally, this is how I'd like to see us play. We need a win today, we can't afford to sit back and hope for the best. Let's go for it.

today in the tunnel we need to growl......then snarl showing our teeth......during the game we will woof and bark and in the last 20 mins we will start to pant....... at no stage in the game should we whine or pine at our owners..... after 90 mins hard work we can all chase our tails before finding the nearest lampost raising our collective hind leg and take a ****....

Come on Spurs!!!!!! WALKIES!!!!!!!

In terms of ability, players and talent we have more than enough to win at Southampton. But football doesn't work like that. Southampton are a good side, settled, and know each other very well.

I will be incredibly impressed with us if we manage to win today. Impressed with our mentality, especially right now as I am struggling to see real leadership out there. Ideally these players will have enough desire to go out there and drag us through this difficult time.

It's a tough ask again today.

today in the tunnel we need to growl......then snarl showing our teeth......during the game we will woof and bark and in the last 20 mins we will start to pant....... at no stage in the game should we whine or pine at our owners..... after 90 mins hard work we can all chase our tails before finding the nearest lampost raising our collective hind leg and take a ****....

Come on Spurs!!!!!! WALKIES!!!!!!!

We had our most intimidating presence on the pitch try to put the frighteners on Liverpool last weekend and look how that turned out

[video=youtube;VuGgiTnlNkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGgiTnlNkg[/video]

Totally agreed today is a tough ask against a good side a little out of form.

Im prepared to give tim sone leeway but what he beeds to do if he wants the job long term is get us set properly defensively away from home. I know we all want to see us scoring goals galore but no-one likes seeing us ship half a dozen goals either.

The type of experienced manager we are looking for would make sure we are set up properly defensively. Keep it simple yes, but jot in the ' just run about' style.

Avb's tactics away from home were pretty much spot on, if tim can get the boys moving the ball quicker we should do well away from home.

I see this as a 1-1 cagey game from both sides.

It is imperative that we get some positives out of this game. A win, in my honest opinion, is not paramount. This game, for me, is all about the performance and the reaction of the players involved.

I have rarely been more nervous about a game. I dread the fall-out over another humiliation.

Good luck today team...do yourselves proud.

Good post. Maybe you could stand in and do the Spurs team talks. I agree.

But despite reservations, I'm looking forward to the game. Go in with low expectations, hope the team focus, play their game, and do themselves and us proud.

COYLWs

I worry about us today. We are in limbo at the moment and history shows that rarely bodes well for any team in our position.

What we need to be positive about is that there is still everything to play for, as long as we get the right man in charge asap (be that permanent or temp till the end of the season). A win today and we are only a couple of points off top 4. Unfortunetly under Sherwood I think its a difficult ask today.

I won't miss him. I hope it's something like;

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose; Capoue, Dembele, Eriksen; Lamela, Sigurdsson, Soldado

Maybe Holtby in there for someone or perhaps Ade but I'd have him on the bench ready to make an impact if we need it.

If Lennon is out that would be a big loss, especially now that Andros is out as well. Means we will be lacking width, and especially pace, on both flanks.

If Lennon is out that would be a big loss, especially now that Andros is out as well. Means we will be lacking width, and especially pace, on both flanks.

It would just means that we will have to play in the way that the squad has been built to play

Walker and Rose offer enough pace and width. I'm fed up with Lennon now, rarely scores, rarely assists, offering balance and defensive protection doesn't cut it for me anymore. Impact sub now until there's tangible evidence that he's bringing something to the side consistently.

Back