• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

[[OMGT - Tottenham vs QPR]]

TEAM NEWS

Queens Park Rangers will assess Esteban Granero, who was forced off last weekend because of a tight hamstring.

Junior Hoilett is nursing a similar problem, but new signing Tal Ben Haim may make his league debut for the club.

Tottenham have Emmanuel Adebayor available for the last time before the Togo striker departs for the Africa Cup of Nations.

Spurs have no fresh fitness concerns, but William Gallas remains sidelined by a calf complaint.

MATCH PREVIEW

As much attention will probably be paid to the two managers on Saturday as the players. Although Harry Redknapp has been unable to say much about his departure from Tottenham, I think it still rankles with him. He would surely get particular satisfaction out of seeing his QPR team getting a result against his former employers, now led by Andre Villas-Boas.

This really is a clash between two very different personalities. Villas-Boas is famed for his meticulous scouting and preparation but is still desperate to prove himself after a chastening experience at Chelsea.

Conversely, Redknapp has taken charge of over 1,200 games, and is very much from the old school of management - he believes modern coaches risk "baffling" players with hefty pre-match dossiers.

Villas-Boas is gradually winning over the Spurs fans but it will still be fascinating to see what kind of reception his predecessor gets from the visiting supporters at Loftus Road.

This will be Emmanuel Adebayor's last match before he departs for the Africa Cup of Nations, but I would be surprised if Spurs bring in more reinforcements before the transfer window shuts.

Deals for Zeki Fryers and Lewis Holtby have already been agreed, and with players like Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Scott Parker back to fitness, the Tottenham squad is looking very strong. In fact, right now Spurs probably have as good a substitutes' bench as any Premier League side.

Queens Park Rangers have already picked up free agent Tal Ben Haim but more defensive cover is needed, especially with Ryan Nelsen set to leave the club to coach MLS side Toronto. Centre-back has been a bit of a problem area for Rangers, which explains why the club are interested in signing West Brom stalwart Jonas Olsson.

From now on, QPR must treat every game like a cup final. Despite their surprise win at Stamford Bridge they are still five points from safety. They kept only their third Premier League clean sheet against Chelsea, and free-scoring Spurs will be a real threat - they are the only top-flight side to have scored in every away game this season.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Tottenham have only won one of their five previous Premier League games away at Queens Park Rangers (D1, L3).

Spurs' last victory at Loftus Road was a 3-2 win on 25 September 1995, when Teddy Sheringham scored twice for the visitors. Rangers were relegated at the end of that season.

Queens Park Rangers

Victory would give Rangers back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time since December 1995, when they beat Bolton and then Aston Villa.

Shaun Wright-Phillips' goal against Chelsea was his first in the league since 9 May 2010. Prior to scoring he had attempted 42 shots at goal in 2012, more than any other Premier League player.

Rangers have kept three clean sheets in 21 league games this season, two of which came against Chelsea. They have failed to record a shut-out in nine league games at Loftus Road since their 0-0 draw with Chelsea on 15 September.

Harry Redknapp won 49% of his league games in charge of Tottenham (P144, W71, D37, L36). Andre Villas-Boas (57%) is the only Spurs boss with a better Premier League record.

Rangers have scored 35% of their league goals from shots outside the penalty area this season, more than any other top-flight side.

Defeat would be QPR's 100th loss in the Premier League.

Tottenham Hotspur

Spurs have won nine of their last 11 games in all competitions (W9, D1, L1).

They are the only Premier League team to score in every away game this season.

Tottenham have scored 12 league and cup goals in four games since Christmas, conceding only twice.

Gylfi Sigurdsson could make his 100th league appearance in English football.

AVB ON QPR

Andre Villas-Boas is determined to capitalise on our rivals potentially dropping points this weekend by taking a maximum haul at QPR on Saturday.

We travel to Loftus Road on the back of a run of seven wins and a draw in our last nine matches to sit third in the Premier League.

This weekend sees City, currently six points ahead in second, travel to sixth-placed Arsenal, fourth-placed Chelsea face a tough encounter at Stoke and Everton, in fifth, face in-form Swansea.

“We are on a good run and we want to profit in some way from the weekend’s results,” said Andre. “We have to continue doing our jobs and that is to go to QPR, play well and bring back the result.

“We had a great December, but that counts for nothing in the future. We don’t want that form to stop, we want it to continue.

“The players have been outstanding. They will be up for the game, they’ve been training well and we hope to get the result we all want.”

Andre feels QPR’s fine win at Chelsea last time out in the Premier League - plus their late equaliser against West Brom in the FA Cup - will have given them a ‘boost of confidence’.

“It will be a tough game,” he added. “They have just surprised everyone with the result they achieved at Chelsea, they’ve come back to draw the FA Cup tie against West Brom in the last minute, so this all adds up to confidence for them.

“We have to be aware of that and aware that individually they have a lot of strength.

“It won’t be easy, a 12.45pm match against a manager who knows us well. It all adds up to a special game in a special environment. They’ve shown that collectively they can put an effort together. They will give everything and we have to be aware of their strengths.

“We have our strengths as well and we look forward to applying them.”

Statto-is Adebayor in London and in the squad and available for selection or is he on a flight back to London from S. Africa and available for selection?

Statto-is Adebayor in London and in the squad and available for selection or is he on a flight back to London from S. Africa and available for selection?

Ade is available for selection. Interestingly, AVB said in his pre-match interview that we have found some consistency playing 4-4-2 . So I think that means he is (unfortunately) likely to start Ade alongside Defoe even though the pair of them have only scored one goal between them for the last few games. Unfair on Dempsey imo.

Anyway, AVB winning Manager of the Month for December almost certainly puts the kibosh on this game in any event!!

Ade is available for selection. Interestingly, AVB said in his pre-match interview that we have found some consistency playing 4-4-2 . So I think that means he is (unfortunately) likely to start Ade alongside Defoe even though the pair of them have only scored one goal between them for the last few games. Unfair on Dempsey imo.

Anyway, AVB winning Manager of the Month for December almost certainly puts the kibosh on this game in any event!!

I agree that starting Defoe should be unfortunate but not for this game. Ade and Dempsey is the future but AVB is likely to have Defoe alongside them and I still expect a comprehensive victory with all three scoring.

As far as I know, Ade is available to play tomorrow, but that will be his last game for Spurs until the end of the Africa Cup of National Finals (or until Togo are eliminated).

COYS, I want us to smash QPR especially with rent-a-quote continually mouthing off in the press about why he got sacked..

Is going to be tough, QPR will no doubt try to shut us down on the flanks nulifying Bale and Lennon, lets hope we can be cute enough to get round this and break them down, I trust in AVB and the tactics he will have for today

Spurs 3-1

For me:

-------------Hugo----------
Walker-Dawson-Verts-Ekotto
Lennon-Sandro-Dembele-Bale
----------Defoe-Ade--------

A lot of pace, stretch QPR, give their slow defenders something to worry about.

Only real questions are Ade or Dempsey and Dawson or Caulker in my eyes. Harsh on Dempsey perhaps, but I think Ade just needs games. Dawson or Caulker is close, but AVB has seemed to prefer Dawson lately and he's our captain, so...

COYS!

We need this one. Just think back to last season we dropped points v qpr and gooners beat city at home, so whilst on paper it's a good chance to take advantage, it can be and has been so different. No complacent, 100% all game til the 96th minute

Im goin to this game with my dad - although sitting in the QPR end - it is right next to the away set of fans - Ellerslie road I think, im sitting paddock.

Cant wait finally seeing some football up close and all personal and brick.

7-1 Spurs.

Is Ade going to start? I doubt it tbh.

I think your right, combination of Dempsey scoring 3 in his last 2, Ade not really scoring and now sounding off would all give AVB enough reason not to. But then he may want to take advantage of him being here. I'm not sure who I'd prefer, right now I think I'd still want him to start.

I'm expecting

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe

I'm expecting

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe

You guys think he'll ease Ekotto back in or say you'll have to wait to get your chance? I hope not. I want Ekotto to start. And Naughton right back.

I don't like Naughton at left back but he's had two very good performances there recently in a back 4 which hasn't conceded many in the last month. Benny's played one game against League 1 opposition so I don't think that'll be enough for him to go straight into the side today, we'll see though ...

Back