• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

[[OMGT - Tottenham vs QPR]]

I suspect Harry see's our left back as a weakness and will ask his team to get the ball out to SWP .

Well relatively speaking he is probably the weakest member of our defence, mostly due to being played out of position. He has had a couple of good games recently, but Swp is a pacey little guy so Naughton will be kept on his toes.

Especially as Lennon will help Walker more than Bale will help Naughton (assumed on the usual ways they play).

^ could definitely hold it's own - makes you wonder why he rarely deviated from his first XI unless forced to

A little worried he may thread a ball through past an offside calling, Michael Dawson in the latter stages of the game.

I cant see him dribbling the ball in the central positions as much as he does in other games.

Don't worry, the beast that is Sandro will sort him out

I really don't think Harry was very wide of the mark when he said our second XI could hold their own in the Premier League.

Honestly thought our 2nd eleven could have held it's own in the Premier League last season, they just weren't utilised in the first enough.

Thing is the rat, SWP, Mackie, Park can cause problems but we really do have better players ... On paper! But it counts for little sometimes, in a game of 90 mins anything can happen. Bradford can beat the scum, and QPR are surely not worse than Bradford. So it's a game out there, we have to earn it.

Like any other game, the timing of goals are the key in the psychology of the game. There's no point dominating a game for 80 mins and being 1 up for them to then score and have the momentum for the last 10 ala Everton and Norwich cup games. It takes strong willed players to turn the tide in those situations. So we need to especially keep it tight at key times during the game.

Confident but very cautious. Nervous as usual

The media will treat this match more like a personal battle between AVB and Redknapp. You can sense they will be all out to condemn AVB if we don't get a result in this match. For that alone, AVB need to get the team beat QPR. We have been in excellent form recently, especially in away matches. There is no reason why we cannot continue that against QPR. QPR will be boosted by that win over Chelsea. But if we play to our best without getting complacent, we can get a good result here.

The return of Bale will be crucial for us. Our attack is more ruthless when Bale is around. Hope Bale will come back in mean mood as he influences how we play. Lennon has been in excellent in recent matches as well. Can see Redknapp using his Spurs experience to try to stop both Bale and Lennon getting the ball. It is important for Sandro and Dembele to win the midfield battle to make sure Bale and Lennon come into the match more. A goal or two from our midfield will be very usefull for us in this match.

Defoe has not been in great goal-scoring form lately. Not sure if the return of Adebayor had affect Defoe's form or not. With Adebayor going to ACN after this match, hope Defoe and Adebayor can show they can work together. Both need to show we can do well with our current striking options. A goal or two from them will be crucial for us. Dempsey have been in great form lately. He suddenly seems to be getting the goals, albeit with some luck. Can see him being our key player if he can get more goals like that. Sigurdson has not done much so far this season. But if he can come on and get us a goal or assist, it will go a long way to boost his confidence.

Our defence is still not fully convincing. We just can't seem to go on a long run of clean sheets. We need to keep clean sheets against bottom teams like QPR, either home or away. Hope Lloris will organize the defence more. Want to see Vertonghen and Dawson becoming good partners in defence. You have to worry about the alertness of Walker and Naughton. Hope they will avoid any silly errors. It will be really disappointing if we can't stop QPR scoring in this match.

We have been on a 4 match winning run, 3 being league matches. If we want to consolidate our position in top 4, we need to be beating teams like QPR. With the Redknapp connection, there is more need for us to win this match. We have been in good form in away matches so far this season. Hope we continue that in this match.

Chelsea were so bad against QPR played with no central midfield at all. QPR were lucky and should get a right hiding today.

I'm well pleased that Daws is playing, I always want him in the team. Pleased for Naughton that he's kept his lace, I don't trust BAE with our high line, he'll need to be right up to speed before playing LB in the Prem. I'm far more worried about him playing QPR onside than Daws.

Very disappointed that Dempsey misses out, but I can see the idea of AVB using Ade while he has the chance, I would have played Clint instead of him though.

Overall, a good team, and I think we'll win. I'd be a lot more confident if Clint was playing tho, after Arsenal Ade makes me nervous in tense derbies like this, and also he hasn't been playing well..

Last edited:
Spurs starting XI:

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Naughton, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Adebayor & Defoe

Subs:

Friedel, Caulker, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson & Dempsey

It is harsh on Dempsey to be dropped to the bench despite being in good form lately. Hope he will be fired up to get a goal or two if and when he comes on. Other than Dempsey, there is really no one we can look for goals from the bench. Sigurdson really needs to score a goal or two.

Doesn't matter how we play as long as we get a good result in this match.

Completely forgot they had Bothroyd and DJ Campbell. They got a lot of strikers haven't they? Cisse and those two in the bench today. Zamora out. Johnson out too.

Sky's 1st line was this game is Harry's game, no its not...

They love making a brickstorm out of absolutely nothing

I really don't think Harry was very wide of the mark when he said our second XI could hold their own in the Premier League.

I think how much we have improved under Levy is overlooked by a lot of our fans, AVB certainly does not over do the squad rotation bit which is something I like, he also eases players back after injury which is something we could not afford to do in the past.

Well relatively speaking he is probably the weakest member of our defence, mostly due to being played out of position. He has had a couple of good games recently, but Swp is a pacey little guy so Naughton will be kept on his toes.

Especially as Lennon will help Walker more than Bale will help Naughton (assumed on the usual ways they play).

Yes, I think Bale has to put in a decent defensive shift and he has been doing so more under, AVB than under Harry so I'm not overly worried .

Thing is the rat, SWP, Mackie, Park can cause problems but we really do have better players ... On paper! But it counts for little sometimes, in a game of 90 mins anything can happen. Bradford can beat the scum, and QPR are surely not worse than Bradford. So it's a game out there, we have to earn it.

Like any other game, the timing of goals are the key in the psychology of the game. There's no point dominating a game for 80 mins and being 1 up for them to then score and have the momentum for the last 10 ala Everton and Norwich cup games. It takes strong willed players to turn the tide in those situations. So we need to especially keep it tight at key times during the game.

Don't forget if SWP comes forward that leaves Bale one v one on the counter and they wont want that. Same on the opposite side, Harry will know we have insane speed on the flanks and that

Don't worry, the beast that is Sandro will sort him out

Hope so and hoping Sandro is not giving them free-kicks on the edge of our penalty box as Taraabt will be looking for those.

I just don't want to lose to Harry's team so much, it hurts! lol ...Losing to his lot who are also at the bottom of the league, will be to much to bear.

Well if SWP goes forward then that leaves Bale one v one on the counter and likewise on the other side Lennon would be free if they push up there. Harry will know the key to stopping us is to stifle space on the flanks and double up etc.

Should be a good game.

Back