• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Been quiet in this thread. Are u all busy playing on next gen consoles ?

I really want to try FIFA 14 on ps4. Looks really good when watching on YouTube.

I'm a pro evo fan but it's terrible this year. Tempted to get a ps4 for FIFA and upgrade my call of duty.

I've got my PS4 with COD and FIFA but not set it up yet. (I'm completing GTA before I start fresh with the PS4)

I've read quite a few reviews of FIFA for next Gen saying that it is NOT just a graphic upgrade, the way it plays is also better as the increased power has allowed them to add a lot more to how players interact with each other and the ball.

I've not played the game on either platform yet but I believe that there have been problems in the current gen version with lobbed through balls (too easy to create chances) and easily scored/conceded headed goals from set plays. Apparently both of these are pretty much non existent in the next Gen versions as well as a lot more 'ways' to strike the ball meaning more varied goals/passes etc.

I shall see for myself soon enough but like I say, all the reviews have said it plays like a different game from current gen...

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare

[h=3]PS4 vs. Xbox One: GPUs compared[/h]Again, by virtue of being an AMD APU, the Xbox One and PS4 GPUs are technologically very similar — with the simple difference that the PS4 GPU is larger. In PC terms, the Xbox One has a GPU that’s similar to the (entry-level) Bonaire GPU in the Radeon HD 7790, while the PS4 is outfitted with the (mid-range) Pitcairn that can be found in the HD 7870. In numerical terms, the Xbox One GPU has 12 compute units (768 shader processors), while the PS4 has 18 CUs (1152 shaders). The Xbox One is slightly ahead on GPU clock speed (853MHz vs. 800MHz for the PS4).
In short, the PS4′s GPU is — on paper — 50% more powerful than the Xbox One. The Xbox One’s slightly higher GPU clock speed might ameliorate some of the difference, but really, the PS4′s 50% higher CU count is a serious advantage for the Sony camp. Furthermore, Microsoft says that 10% of the Xbox One’s GPU is reserved for Kinect. Games on the PS4 will have a lot more available graphics power on tap.
Beyond clock speeds and core counts, both GPUs are identical — they’re both based on the Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, and thus support OpenGL 4.3, OpenCL 1.2, and Direct3D 11.2. Another big difference between the two consoles is the available memory bandwidth — but we’ll discuss that in the next section. Details are fairly tenuous at this point, but we believe that the Xbox One — via Direct3D and GCN — will support AMD’s Mantle API. This gives developers lower-level access to the bare metal of the GPU, potentially improving performance. We don’t think the PS4 has access to the same resources.

WOW For me that's a major difference in GPU performance.

PS4 - HD 7870 - PC Rank 23

XBOX - HD 7790 - PC rank 45

just noticed GT6 is coming out, haven't heard a thing about it

Came out on Friday 6th. Picked it up on PS3, impressed. Maybe still quite similar to GT5 rather than a totally new version but the loading times are much better. Bit disappointed that it forces you through a tutorial to start including what your first car has to be, but the interface is much better.

Still remember playing the original for the first time 15 years ago, a true wow moment for me.

yeah I love gt, I've done most of them (didn't bother with prolog), more of the same is what you want with that kind of thing I'd say

i'm surprised, but i guess its such a long term build that they started it way before the PS4 release date was set

Was going to wait but was on Argos site other night and brought ps4 FIFA 14 bundle... Switched to ps as xbox one looks good but no bead for a camera and tv stuff so thought sod it try play station

ah nice! let me know what FIFA is like. I think i will get one early next year. would like a bundle with 2 pads and fifa

Came out on Friday 6th. Picked it up on PS3, impressed. Maybe still quite similar to GT5 rather than a totally new version but the loading times are much better. Bit disappointed that it forces you through a tutorial to start including what your first car has to be, but the interface is much better.

Still remember playing the original for the first time 15 years ago, a true wow moment for me.

I saw the ad on TV the other day, where they boasted "30 tracks" - does it really only have 30 tracks to race? That's literally nothing in this day and age.

I saw the ad on TV the other day, where they boasted "30 tracks" - does it really only have 30 tracks to race? That's literally nothing in this day and age.

I saw a lot more something like 100 but that may be including variations eg east/west , shortened tracks etc

What's your Fifa 14 UT look like? Here's mine

Diego Lopez
Cole Macherano Pique Alves
Nasri Modric
Isco
Willian Soldado Pedro

84 overall, 100 chemistry. Also anyone wanna play me, ps3?

Loving fifa 14 on the ps4 much more enjoyable than last gen. They seem to have rid of the long through ball and constant goals from headers.

Back