• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Turturro is such a great yet subtle actor, his little appearances in mega blockbusters and he steals the scenes always. Jesus in TBL an example

The Night Of is one of my favourite tv shows of the last few years. He plays a lawyer who has eczema which I suffer from and have done all my life. Never really seen it portrayed on the screen before but again he did a brilliant job as it’s bleeding nuisance of an ailment.

Started season 1 of White Lotus over the weekend, good fun

I’ve watched season 1 twice and just finished season 2. It’s great fun. Quite a lot social commentary about class, race, imperialism and infidelity which is well written but just on a superficial level it’s very funny and an easy watch.

SPOTY seems to have flown under the radar this year? Early evening show on a Weds? Didn't even know about it till just had a gander at the BEEB sport.

Caught Vardy v Rooney last night, and it was hilariously bad although they did catch the sourness of Vardys missus well..

The detecorists was such a lovely show. Loved the special, good storyline. Sat there with a big smile at the end.

It's just great and I thought they got the continuity from the series' spot on. I suppose it helps when all the cast can be reassembled for the special.
We were talking with someone today who had watched the Christmas special and was very underwhelmed by it. Had not seen any of the preceding series, had seen this described as a comedy and was very disappointed.
So for anyone who hasn't yet watched the special but intends to do so - definitely watch the series first. It's not a roll-about-laughing comedy, it's far more gentle than that, but it is superbly crafted, very well written, very understated but one of the best bits of TV in recent years.

Back