• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

There's criticism and then there's relentless hating, which I feel you fall into regarding Kaboul. I call it the TMK zone.

oh come on, well thats a lie too thanks heavens. Proof would be nice but unfortunately the old board has crashed

mind you, you hated harry to bits so i guess you are familiar with that TMK zone

I haven't really said that much about Harry on here. Parker's the probably the closest I could be accused of hating, but it's only because I rate Sandro so highly.

I hope we are taking it easy! Weather forecast for Baltimore: Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Heat index values as high as 108.

The Club considers the recent comment and accusations regarding Gareth Bale's fitness relating to his non selection for Team GB's men's football team to be wholly unacceptable and unjustified.

For the avoidance of any doubt and on a point of absolute clarity and transparency - Gareth sustained an injury as he built up his fitness ahead of joining up with Stuart Pearce's side. MRI scan reports were sent to the FA medical team on 29 June (2012).

He was subsequently not selected on the basis of this injury and the inability to predict recovery time.

This decision was not taken lightly and made only after consultation with Team GB's medical team, who were in agreement after seeing the medical reports.

At no time was Gareth made unavailable for selection. Indeed, Gareth made clear publicly on numerous occasions his desire to compete for Team GB and was extremely disappointed on hearing the news he would not be fit to participate.

He is now focused on and determined to get fit for the season ahead and to this end we have brought out an additional member of our medical team on tour, dedicated to Gareth's recovery.

We are dismayed that some have sought to make wrongful assumptions about Gareth's particular situation and that such positive news surrounding his recovery is being highlighted in this manner. We trust that this statement now clarifies this matter once and for all.

We look forward to following the progress of our other players in the Games - Danny Rose and Steven Caulker along with Sandro and Giovani dos Santos.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/club-statement-gareth-bale-26072012.page

Well worded statement (as always), clear, concise and accurate while being a touch condescending towards those badmouthing the club. I like it.

Well boys.... (and steff) I'm in the nations Capital and I've already seen a Spurs fan and a rather chubby, red haired pool fan. That makes it 2-1 counting me of course.

Kyle Walker ‏@kyle28walker
Haters are like crickets. Crickets make a lot of noise, you hear it but you can't see them. Then right when you walk by them, they're quiet.

from the Emirates Marketing Project site after their 2-0 win over Arse in Beijing

The sweltering Beijing humidity and downtown smog that shrouds the bustling Chinese capital hung heavily over the Bird’s Nest Arena and while two Premier League teams were the star attraction for the 52,000 crowd, the frenetic pace of a battle between these two English giants you’d expect back home was never likely to happen.

Arsenal won the first battle of the day with perhaps three-quarters of the Chinese spectators wearing replica Gunners tops. There were plenty of City fans dotted in the crowd and perhaps in 12 months’ time, there will be more parity.

wowser

from the Emirates Marketing Project site after their 2-0 win over Arse in Beijing

The sweltering Beijing humidity and downtown smog that shrouds the bustling Chinese capital hung heavily over the Bird’s Nest Arena and while two Premier League teams were the star attraction for the 52,000 crowd, the frenetic pace of a battle between these two English giants you’d expect back home was never likely to happen.

Arsenal won the first battle of the day with perhaps three-quarters of the Chinese spectators wearing replica Gunners tops. There were plenty of City fans dotted in the crowd and perhaps in 12 months’ time, there will be more parity.

wowser

Ayz1iFVCMAIVzBJ.jpg

Back