• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Kaboul is our future and one of our best players last season. Lets give him a bit more of a chance to fit into the new system before talking about removing him from the team?

AS, to your point, I saw th game as well, people are reading too much into it, without making any considerations.

- Regardless of high line/tactics/whatever, this was Spurs without Friedel/Parker/Sandro/Modric/Ade, quite honestly at the beginning of last season we played brick without those guys as well.
- Back four had no real cover from midfield, but even so, 2nd half was noticeably better once Benny came on to replace Bassong (not going after Bassong, he's just not a LB)
- Bale was our best player by a country mile
- Sig created 1 goal and got in postion to putaway another
- Interesting cameos for Carroll/Townshend/Kane, don't think JJ/Bentley changed anyones opinion of them.

Team was obviously not match fit, struggled to find their posession game (were definetely trying to play it). The only real downside of the game for me was the injuries to Rafa/Walker.

Hahahahaha - I knew that would come

Ok, next time he pulls off a shockorama move - I'll keep quiet

Last edited:
I just remember you saying Kaboul isn't in Samba's league or something to that tune.

I rate Kaboul and always have done. I was delighted when we signed him from Pompey as i saw massive improvements in his game but i do prefer Samba if i'm being honest. Samba to me is an outstanding cb whilst kaboul is good/v.good.

AS, to your point, I saw th game as well, people are reading too much into it, without making any considerations.

- Regardless of high line/tactics/whatever, this was Spurs without Friedel/Parker/Sandro/Modric/Ade, quite honestly at the beginning of last season we played brick without those guys as well.
- Back four had no real cover from midfield, but even so, 2nd half was noticeably better once Benny came on to replace Bassong (not going after Bassong, he's just not a LB)
- Bale was our best player by a country mile
- Sig created 1 goal and got in postion to putaway another
- Interesting cameos for Carroll/Townshend/Kane, don't think JJ/Bentley changed anyones opinion of them.

Team was obviously not match fit, struggled to find their posession game (were definetely trying to play it). The only real downside of the game for me was the injuries to Rafa/Walker.

which point of mine are you addressing again?

pretty sure none of that explains ball watching.

right now gallas is our best CB..and the guy should start

Kaboul, because his name isn't Chris Samba.
LOL, such a baby.

anyway with KD , you're wrong. he loves kaboul, even has this idea that he's better at RB?

yeah so your database might have malfunctioned on that one

you are right with me though, but i would say hater is a bit strong , having said that i'ts the way the younger generation takes criticism so i guess its common lingo

There's criticism and then there's relentless hating, which I feel you fall into regarding Kaboul. I call it the TMK zone.

LOL, such a baby.

anyway with KD , you're wrong. he loves kaboul, even has this idea that he's better at RB?

yeah so your database might have malfunctioned on that one

you are right with me though, but i would say hater is a bit strong , having said that i'ts the way the younger generation takes criticism so i guess its common lingo

Ah you remember;)

Yeh i was sure he was going to be our starting RB for years to come when he signed. At Pompey he was awesome playing that position and he did play it for us for a number of games which made me believe i was going to be right but hasn't played it since then. I still think he can play that position for sure.

this never happened under Redknapp, even in pre season games(and im no Redknapp supporter).....no matter if its pre season, good teams dont get exposed like we were in that game the other night

a lot to work on

Given that we are only just begining to practice the transition to a new system I dont think thats really fair. Redknapp had a stable set up, he wasnt pushing out defence into a new strategy - of course it would be more solid.

The whole point of this match was to test ourselves in a semi competitive environment and see how far along that transition we are. I would expect incremental improvement, not immediate.

Back