• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Nobody has been given an official warning or anything else. I'm just pointing out that there's no need to be calling other posters names. The 'spastic' comment is a poor choice of words, but it's his opinion. He's allowed to have one.

Then I can have the opinion that he is a macaron.

Still an infraction virgin?

Just out of curiosity, what is worse out of calling someone an idiot and calling someone a plastic fan or not worthy of being a Spurs fan? I would be a lot more insulted by the second and third of those.

The plastic fan thing depends on how personally you want to take it. As I first read it he disagrees with the club travelling the globe every pre season to attract more fans, or simply market the brand.

The who's a bigger fan, **** measuring conversation is stupid.

Whoop, mate, honestly you are doing yourself no favours, and should think a little before you randomly insult people. Question for you, do you support any other sport than football? say Tennis maybe? so by your logic if you lived in England and followed Federer/Nadal/Sharapova you are a plastic?

I like cricket support Middlesex
I like boxing too have been to numerous British boxers fights
I don't root for the Chicago bulls
I don't have a Hardon for rafael nadal
As I've said before its my opinion no one will change it I just don't understand. I've not once mentioned who better/bigger fans are? This whole argument started from me saying don't like how we go places like America to which I get told their are 'die hards' etc in America maybe so we've got plenty of fans in Scotland, holland and Scandinavia too why not do preseason there and thank our loyal fans from these footballing nations? It's cos they're already fans we're going to America to try and get new fans ones who probably wear Chelsea shirts when they are in town and spurs when we are there. Just my opinion I remember two years ago when we played in America fans being interviewed outside the game wearing a spurs shirt asked a question 'I actually root for man u but today I'm rooting for spurs' sorry if I don't want anyone like that attached to the club again just my opinion.

Nobody has been given an official warning or anything else. I'm just pointing out that there's no need to be calling other posters names. The 'spastic' comment is a poor choice of words, but it's his opinion. He's allowed to have one.

It's a personal attack.

And far more insulting and far less justified than tommysvr's pretty harmless response.

IMO.

Anyway, I won't labour the point, fella. You do great work keeping us all updated with itk and tweets. And I wouldn't want to have to moderate this place. Unenviable job!

The plastic fan thing depends on how personally you want to take it. As I first read it he disagrees with the club travelling the globe every pre season to attract more fans, or simply market the brand.

Just for the sake of accuracy, the term he actually used was "new age spastic".

Not "plastic".

Makes a bit of a difference, I think.

I was not talking about the specific discussion going on here. I'm not getting in the middle of this :)

Just for the sake of accuracy, the term he actually used was "new age spastic".

Not "plastic".

Makes a bit of a difference, I think.

The word plastic was brought into the discussion later. That first post can be read in different ways depending on what you want it to be.

One last thing before I leave I've seen numerous posts on here laughing and criticising arsenals African 'support' suppose that's different tho?

I was not talking about the specific discussion going on here. I'm not getting in the middle of this :)

Seriously, if people read the posts from the beginning I don't see why it's taken as such a personal insult. It was a poorly worded post that started it, the word spastic was picked up on.

It's been turned into something much worse through the following discussion by people taking to the other extreme.

As I said just my opinion but not once did I say only people going to games are proper supporters just said someone watching on other side of world on tv wearing their fancy new replica kit won't be getting any respect of me which you somehow seem to think they deserve.

infraction!!!

i haven't got the fancy new replica kit yet mind, but where are the mods??

do i get any respect because i went to a game 2 years ago whoopwhoop?

Pav scored 2, one off a deflection...off the bar and in... can anyone name that game??

infraction!!!

i haven't got the fancy new replica kit yet mind, but where are the mods??

do i get any respect because i went to a game 2 years ago whoopwhoop?

Pav scored 2, one off a deflection...off the bar and in... can anyone name that game??

Birmingham at home?Yeah have a brownie point

The word plastic was brought into the discussion later. That first post can be read in different ways depending on what you want it to be.

What's important in this case is how it was read by the many foreign Spurs fans who post here. And all who have commented thus far appear to have been insulted to some degree. And since they have been insulted, the only decent thing for WhoopWhoop to have done would have been to apologise, retract and rephrase. He has signally failed to do so.

My own opinion, as an English Spurs fan, is that calling people "new age spastics" cannot be taken in any way other than as an intended insult. But maybe that's just an age thing?

Seriously, if people read the posts from the beginning I don't see why it's taken as such a personal insult. It was a poorly worded post that started it, the word spastic was picked up on.

It's been turned into something much worse through the following discussion by people taking to the other extreme.

Not sure how it can be taken any other way, basically a group of people via geographical location are "better/more real/whatever terminology" you want to use.

Regardless, think we should shut this one down, it's not going anywhere, and certainly not on topic.

Who's our front line for next game?

What's important in this case is how it was read by the many foreign Spurs fans who post here. And all who have commented thus far appear to have been insulted to some degree. And since they have been insulted, the only decent thing for WhoopWhoop to have done would have been to apologise, retract and rephrase. He has signally failed to do so.

My own opinion, as an English Spurs fan, is that calling people "new age spastics" cannot be taken in any way other than as an intended insult. But maybe that's just an age thing?

I didn't see it as an insult towards every single foreign fan. I've probably interpreted it differently from the rest then.

It's summer, it's Friday and all we've had today is arguing. :(

Right then moving on! I am so bloody excited for the matches next week. Driving to Buffalo at about 5am for a 9am flight to Baltimore, gotta rush to our hotel in the middle of nowhere (when did Baltimore hotels get so expensive?) and to the stadium for 1pm kick off.

Off to New York the following morning for a few nights with the NY Spurs and hopefully some current or ex-players before the match on Tuesday night. Absolutely buzzing.

so all of us who have interest in american sports like NBA, baseball, NFL are all plastic fans....

IMO everyone who's interested in those sports are plastics, even Americans. Franchises that are bought and sold and moved around.

:special:

IMO everyone who's interested in those sports are plastics, even Americans. Franchises that are bought and sold and moved around.

:special:

I agree with that. North American sport is weird.

I went to a Toronto v Cleveland baseball game last week. Saw a guy wearing a Toronto shirt and a Cleveland hat :-s

Back