• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

I think I read the other day there were 200 City fans at their game in LA last year. We should that many tickets in a week.

OK, let me just say as a newly-appointed admin who has NOT yes issued infraction points, what the problem here is.

Whoop whoop - mate, absolutely, your opinion is yours and (as I think we've proven) a healthy debate can be had. The PROBLEM lies with you referring to an entire group as "spastics"...my advice in the future, avoid "spastics" or anything which infers (via your intended tone) an insult. That leaves your opinion free to stand mate.

I think this "discussion" is best moved back to the topic at hand, pre-season friendlies. There's nothing more to be seen in the other sub-thread here!

Not wishing to tinkle anyone off, just would like to see this move on briskly before it descends further.

Best everyone,

Steff

To be honest I don't mind that he thinks I'm a spastic. I don't think he actually does, it's just a word. My problem is that he's made this assumption without really knowing what he's talking about. There are definitely people who jump on a bandwagon. But to suggest that Spurs are wasting their time coming out here is what I find most offensive. I don't need his approval either, but it's something that I've heard quite a few times - this thing that you're inferior if you weren't born in London.

To be honest I don't mind that he thinks I'm a spastic. I don't think he actually does, it's just a word. My problem is that he's made this assumption without really knowing what he's talking about. There are definitely people who jump on a bandwagon. But to suggest that Spurs are wasting their time coming out here is what I find most offensive. I don't need his approval either, but it's something that I've heard quite a few times - this thing that you're inferior if you weren't born in London.

It's been done to death before mate. My advice is look into your heart and KNOW you're real. That's the best possible feeling. We need to move it on my friend, otherwise it will descend rapidly.

What a bizarre debate to stumble into. I LOVE hearing how people love spurs. Whether they're from north London, or it's in the family, or they used to love gazza, or it was the first team they ever saw. People from all per the world have their own reason for loving spurs. Who cares? As long as we all love spurs isn't that all that matters? And you know what, going to America will allow our American fans see us live, and also, it may create a new batch of yids. How the fudge is that a bad thing?

This is sort of my point? Why not dc united la galaxy red bulls shirts? seems daft bet if I was to say how brick I thought the mls was you'd all get the hump and see the need to stick up for it yet doesn't seem anyone actually supports it

That's your problem right there. You are assuming way too much. The MLS is brick, most American fans would agree. Probably the equivalent of third tier British football. I know a lot of people in the UK who love Spurs most, but also keep an eye out for a small, lower division side that may be closer to your current home, where you grew up, or that someone you care about supports. By that same logic, shouldn't the "real" Danish Spurs fans who come to WHL more often be wearing Bronby or whatever shirts instead of Spurs ones too?

Honestly, I see few enough people wearing Spurs shirts that whenever I see someone wearing one I'll come up and talk to them about it, and I play a few times a week with 100 or so other people out on the field. There are always tons of Arsenal, Chelseas, Uniteds, LFC, but rarely Spurs. Only once had someone just been wearing one, and he had be given it to him by a friend. To this day, I've never seen a Spurs shirt for sale in a shop in the US, so you really have to go out of your way to find one.

This is where the Under Armour deal is going to be so important to Spurs.

UA are huge in the US. Fastest growing sports brand. Ambitious. Cool. Desirable.

£10 million per annum is a fantastic deal in its own right. Doubles what we were getting from Puma.

But the real value, according to an article that I posted on the New Kit thread, will be in UA using their name, brand and widespread distribution outlets to market the name of Tottenham Hotspur in North America (and elsewhere).

So I think you'll soon start seeing many more Spurs shirts for sale in the US!

I'm always quite pleased that you don't see loads of people wearing spurs replica kits around. It's a bit of a plastics thing to do imho

This is where the Under Armour deal is going to be so important to Spurs.

UA are huge in the US. Fastest growing sports brand. Ambitious. Cool. Desirable.

£10 million per annum is a fantastic deal in its own right. Doubles what we were getting from Puma.

But the real value, according to an article that I posted on the New Kit thread, will be in UA using their name, brand and widespread distribution outlets to market the name of Tottenham Hotspur in North America (and elsewhere).

So I think you'll soon start seeing many more Spurs shirts for sale in the US!

Just out of interest, do you know how much Warrior pay Liverpool per year? I forgot the number but seem to remember it was something stupidly high?

i've never seen that. when was this ?

I haven't really seen that either.

To me it's only natural that when a team has a player or two from a country people from that country might end up supporting that team (also past that player leaving). Zg spur or something like that on here for example. Or Norwegian Spurs fans because of The Viking. Arsenal have had more African players than us in the last couple of decades and so I think they have a bigger African following than us, I haven't really seen anyone make fun of that though.

It's a bit like hardcore punk/metal/rock/alternative music fans getting angry at seeing larger crowds when they go to see their favourite bands, you know, because they write very good music and therefore have a market for a larger fanbase, nationally and internationally.

Sell-outs apparently....

i've never seen that. when was this ?

Possibly about some of the Egyptian Mido fans.

I agree with BoL that its natural that people begin following and then supporting a club in the big leagues when a favourite player moves there. Perhaps the difference between following and supporting is what happens when the player moves on. The fan is hooked and remains a fan of the club. People who change clubs when a player moves are not supporters. I find following a player and supporting whichever club he is at a bit strange.

My pal just met all the Spurs players at Heathrow on the way to the US, he said AVB was brilliant having lots of banter with the players telling them him and the coaches were in 1st class whilst they were in Economy, stuff like that

Got some great piccies with AVB, Freund and BAE, all very friendly and approachable

My pal just met all the Spurs players at Heathrow on the way to the US, he said AVB was brilliant having lots of banter with the players telling them him and the coaches were in 1st class whilst they were in Economy, stuff like that

Got some great piccies with AVB, Freund and BAE, all very friendly and approachable

Well, that's me jealous as well as slightly hung over.

Any chance your mate will post some of those pics online?

Possibly about some of the Egyptian Mido fans.

I agree with BoL that its natural that people begin following and then supporting a club in the big leagues when a favourite player moves there. Perhaps the difference between following and supporting is what happens when the player moves on. The fan is hooked and remains a fan of the club. People who change clubs when a player moves are not supporters. I find following a player and supporting whichever club he is at a bit strange.

egyptian mido man lover 69? he was a funny dude and i dont even remember a problem with africans supporting teams here

think this topic is dangerous , could alienate alot of people

Back