• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Surely it's fate that we pip ARSEnal to that final CL spot... as the last time we won at Old Trafford was the 89/90 season which was also the time Spurs won at Stamford Bridge and we finished that league campaign 1 point ahead of ARSEnal \o/

Surely it's fate that we pip ARSEnal to that final CL spot... as the last time we won at Old Trafford was the 89/90 season which was also the time Spurs won at Stamford Bridge and we finished that league campaign 1 point ahead of ARSEnal \o/

The year ends in 1 (minus the FA cup semi final in 01 and diddly squat in 2011)

We're not going to qualify for the CL because we're not good enough.

Secure 5th, balance the squad out and go again next season. We'll also have a realistic crack at winning the Europa.

I have found it funny though, that people have been saying that other teams will drop points. THey won't, and they were never going to. Its not what they do and I thought experience would have told us that.

So Arsenal and Chelsea are gonna win all their remaining games? No chance.
Good teams still drop points and that's why its stupid to bet on football.

Unless you bet on Chelsea winning today's game - which I did, figuring that Man U would have nothing to play for. And I got 11-5 which seems very generous in the circumstances.

I think they will win their games, yes.

The whole "they're going to drop thousands of points argument is starting to run out of time, don't you think?

We'll lose to Chelsea, draw with Stoke, Arsenal will beat Wigan and all will be well in the world.

We'll get an extremely respectable 5th and will have head an excellent season, even if the majority of our home performances have been somewhat underwhelming.

Last edited:
That and Schrödinger's cat - in which the influence of the random OMT leads us to both qualify and not qualify for CL football.

I was going more with the butterfly effect.

If anyone going to the match interacts with the OMT it will affect anything they come into contact with.

It's not like we've actually bottled it you know.

6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses from our last 10. At this stage for the previous few seasons it was more like 1 win, 3 draws, 6 losses.

It's not like we've actually bottled it you know.

6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses from our last 10. At this stage for the previous few seasons it was more like 1 win, 3 draws, 6 losses.

We did bottle it when the manner of the loses was:

* our defender delivering an excellent through ball to the opposition closely followed by our striker delivering another speciality through ball to the opposition, and topping it all off our other defender just getting bored and giving away a pen.

* losing at home to one of the poorest teams away from home and not creating anything until the last 15 minutes.

That to me is bottling it.

We've averaged 1.93 points per game in 2013 and 1.8 points in 2012(first half of the season). If we don't make top 4 it will go down as another Spurs bottle job when really it hasn't been.

I actually think now having to win might help us. We tend to play better against stronger teams anyway. If we had in the back of our minds a draw is enough then you bet half our players would play for one.

Can see Bale waging a one man war and raining shots from all places.

I actually think now having to win might help us. We tend to play better against stronger teams anyway. If we had in the back of our minds a draw is enough then you bet half our players would play for one.

Can see Bale waging a one man war and raining shots from all places.

We've also tended to play better away from home too.

This was my point too.

A draw today, 4pts behind and a draw Weds we would have still been 4pts behind wanting a win from either Villa or Everton becuase of our inferior GD.
For me, a Chelsea win just meant finishing 3rd is not in our own hands. Finishing 4th still is, and always was irrespective of whatever the outcome of todays game

Careful with that break-out of common sense. In fact, please pick up your dummy, place back in mouth, spit it out and repeat if you're gonna hang here son!

I'm 1000% sure we won't beat both Chelsea and Stoke. Not in a fudging million years. So all the maths and crap is irrelevant. It was obvious Arsenal and Chelsea wouldn't drop points and they haven't It was obvious we would and we did. Its now obvious Chelsea will win on Wednesday. Its also obvious Arsenal will beat Wigan. And that's that.

I don't believe that anybody genuinely believes we have it in us to beat both Chelsea and Stoke away. Never going to happen.

can you blame them , its the same thing with redknapp. its more the disappointment than anything else

Is the glass half full or half empty though Affy? (the following is a general comment certainly not just in reply to you mate)

Threads like this become a personality test IMO.
Frankly, with a 21 year old, an 8 year old, aging parents, friends who have died of cancer, friends who die from fudging SPIDER BITES and GHod knows what else, when it comes to my beloved Tottenham Hotspur, I'll take the half-full glass of knowing that once again we are in the thick of it, once again we might get our best-ever points total, we have a manager in place who is a proper futurist and who accepts his share of blame for errors and we have a club moving in the right direction with pride and dignity.

Wednesday is going to be fudging electric! It's what you live for as a supporter. Do we have the fudging gonads for it or do we not? Us! The supporters. Look, it's all good, I get it,everyone has their way of dealing with pressure, but life's too short IMO to dwell on what hasn't happenED...what could happEN?! Apologies if anyone finds this 'sanctimonious', that's not my intention...

...but Hugo, Kyle, Mickey, Jan, Benny, Azza, Scotty, Hudd, Lewie, Moussa, Gareth, Ade, JD, Siggy, CLINT, AVB, Freundy, in fact ALL OF YOU...I choose to believe!

COYFS!

Careful with that break-out of common sense. In fact, please pick up your dummy, place back in mouth, spit it out and repeat if you're gonna hang here son!

Actually I hoped I had deleted that post before anyone read it. Its factally wrong :oops: but my hearts in the right place, even if my brain isnt

Its funny, with Sky showing Liverpool v Everton and Man Utd v Chelsea the game of the day happens to be Cheltenham v Northampton.

Back