• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

The only real bonus of the weekend...time to officially start collecting monies from the 'Spurs-Liverpool who will finish higher?' bets \o/

Is the glass half full or half empty though Affy? (the following is a general comment certainly not just in reply to you mate)

Threads like this become a personality test IMO.
Frankly, with a 21 year old, an 8 year old, aging parents, friends who have died of cancer, friends who die from fudging SPIDER BITES and GHod knows what else, when it comes to my beloved Tottenham Hotspur, I'll take the half-full glass of knowing that once again we are in the thick of it, once again we might get our best-ever points total, we have a manager in place who is a proper futurist and who accepts his share of blame for errors and we have a club moving in the right direction with pride and dignity.

Wednesday is going to be fudging electric! It's what you live for as a supporter. Do we have the fudging gonads for it or do we not? Us! The supporters. Look, it's all good, I get it,everyone has their way of dealing with pressure, but life's too short IMO to dwell on what hasn't happenED...what could happEN?! Apologies if anyone finds this 'sanctimonious', that's not my intention...

...but Hugo, Kyle, Mickey, Jan, Benny, Azza, Scotty, Hudd, Lewie, Moussa, Gareth, Ade, JD, Siggy, CLINT, AVB, Freundy, in fact ALL OF YOU...I choose to believe!

COYFS!

The problem with your reasoning is more often than not, we've proved we don't have the gonads for it, especially at this stage of the season. Maybe if we were Man United, people would be a bit more optimistic.

I've always said that I look more at form and momentum at this stage of the season rather than the fixtures, well we've won our most difficult game of the run in, and yet played tinkle poor in the easier games. Chelsea and Arsenal have the momentum and are the form sides. If you take optimism/pessimism out of the equation, Chelsea are the favourites to beat us and get 3rd. I really don't think it's pessimistic to say a team who are better than us will beat us AT HOME and a team that always finishes above us will do so again.

Is the glass half full or half empty though Affy? (the following is a general comment certainly not just in reply to you mate)

Threads like this become a personality test IMO.
Frankly, with a 21 year old, an 8 year old, aging parents, friends who have died of cancer, friends who die from fudging SPIDER BITES and GHod knows what else, when it comes to my beloved Tottenham Hotspur, I'll take the half-full glass of knowing that once again we are in the thick of it, once again we might get our best-ever points total, we have a manager in place who is a proper futurist and who accepts his share of blame for errors and we have a club moving in the right direction with pride and dignity.

Wednesday is going to be fudging electric! It's what you live for as a supporter. Do we have the fudging gonads for it or do we not? Us! The supporters. Look, it's all good, I get it,everyone has their way of dealing with pressure, but life's too short IMO to dwell on what hasn't happenED...what could happEN?! Apologies if anyone finds this 'sanctimonious', that's not my intention...

...but Hugo, Kyle, Mickey, Jan, Benny, Azza, Scotty, Hudd, Lewie, Moussa, Gareth, Ade, JD, Siggy, CLINT, AVB, Freundy, in fact ALL OF YOU...I choose to believe!

COYFS!

Thats it. More of these positive posts.

For months, nay years, I have been one of the lesser optimistic Spurs fans on here, one of the worst when I have to sit at home and watch (luckily very rarely recently)
Dont know what happened a month ago, but despite some of the on-pitch performances of late, I have, and still do, believe we will finish 4th.

Soooooooo wish I could be there Weds night

Are we not discussing the Chelsea Manure game? Better find another thread then.

I'd certainly like to; didn't see the game and only listed to final 8 mins or so.
Did anybody who did watch puck up any particular points about how Chelski set up and how they might approach us?

Plus, are there any weaknesses that we could exploit?

I'd certainly like to; didn't see the game and only listed to final 8 mins or so.
Did anybody who did watch puck up any particular points about how Chelski set up and how they might approach us?

Plus, are there any weaknesses that we could exploit?

Didn't see it mate but heard that Luiz was a complete Cook to get rafael sent off.

Are we not discussing the Chelsea Manure game? Better find another thread then.

I will.

Rooney was not fouled in the buildup to the goal, he dragged his foot intentionally against Ramires.

Rafael was correctly sent off. Not a lot of contact, but the rule is intent.

I hope David Luiz gets a call from the FA, prefarably before Wednesday night. Complete ****.

I will.

Rooney was not fouled in the buildup to the goal, he dragged his foot intentionally against Ramires.

I hope David Luiz gets a call from the FA, prefarably before Wednesday night. Complete ****.

How good were Chelski, or were Manure mediocre (heard they rested quite a few)? Basically did Chelsea look unbeatable?

Any chance we could talk about the Manure-Chelski match and the possible effects on Wednesday:~

Sure. Chelsea weren't particularly good today, they didn't create much but that was partly due to United setting up with five across the middle. They were good defensively, RVP had maybe one clear cut and failed to put it away.

Think Wednesday is now a 'must win' really.

The nightmare scenario is we lose and we cannot realistically catch Chelski given the GD.
Dream opportunity scenario is we win and between us and Chelski put the chase out of Arsenal's hands[-o<

I will.

Do you see us getting anything on Wednesday night? We have a terrible record at the bridge, they have the momentum, lennon and Dembele probably out. But then I didn't think we would get anything against City.

Even if we lose - we can still make 4th by beating Stoke and Sunderland and hoping Arse lose at Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Wigan

COYS

I guess a draw wouldn't be too bad. We would need to beat Sunderland and stoke and hope Chelsea lose at Villa or Everton, Chelsea would need four points to make it with their superior goal difference.

How good were Chelski, or were Manure mediocre (heard they rested quite a few)? Basically did Chelsea look unbeatable?

Only saw the 2nd half, but United were going through the motions, you know the old cliche about them already being on their holidays? Sums them up today really. Even their fans didn't care. Chelsea were the better side, didn't look unbeatable by any stretch, but I stll think they'll have too much for us on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Do you see us getting anything on Wednesday night? We have a terrible record at the bridge, they have the momentum, lennon and Dembele probably out. But then I didn't think we would get anything against City.

Personally no I don't. Like you said, they are playing well, we are not. They're at home and have the knowledge that a win will virtually seal a top 4 place what with their far superior goal difference.

The only way I see us getting a result is Bale carrying us. No one else looks like a threat going forward.

Back