• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Tbh right now I hope they arent. Dont want to be playing them on the last game of the season with them needing to win to stay up.
I'd rather them be safe and on the beach by May 18th. We might need to win ourselves on the last day, in fact the chances are we will have to.

Exactly what I was thinking.

That said, though, it could work in our favour if Sunderland have to win that game. They couldn't just park the bus. Worst scenario for us would be that they only need a draw.

......All assuming that us finishing 4th (or 3rd) depends on that game.

ESPN just advertised Man Utd v Reading as next week's saturday evening match. Seriously? Why chose that one? Utd 4 Reading 0. What's the point?

Several of the other matches look better on paper.

Everton v City (edit, Sky have this)
Villa v QPR - should be a cracker.
Swansea v Woolwich

ESPN just advertised Man Utd v Reading as next week's saturday evening match. Seriously? Why chose that one? Utd 4 Reading 0. What's the point?

Several of the other matches look better on paper.

Everton v City (edit, Sky have this)
Villa v QPR - should be a cracker.
Swansea v Woolwich

Villa-QPR looks the best match and the one I would personally wanna watch. But didn't United and Reading play out a 4-3 last time they played? Think it was 4-3 at half time too. No chance of that happening next week.

Yeah, you're right. All first half goals. I'm fed up watching Utd, feel like I know their team as well as I know Spurs!

What are the odds City and the winner of Chelsea/United will be kept apart in the draw in order to get a big showcase final?

What are the odds City and the winner of Chelsea/United will be kept apart in the draw in order to get a big showcase final?

Was discussing this right after the Wigan game finished. Totally agree. Absoultely no way oin earth will Wigan draw the winner of Millwall/Blackburn

Hot ball/Cold ball simples. FA Cup Final will be a battle of Manchester or a battle of the Lottery winners nailed on

I'll swear blind they used to do this for the Rugby League semi draws years ago, you could almost guarantee what the draws would be before they were amde

Not sure why you are all convinced that the final will be United/Chelsea-City.

I seem to remember that there was a United-City semi final not too long ago, and also us and arsenal never meet in the finals.
I truly believe its because there would have a lot of problems if you were to lose a cup final to your biggest and most hated rivals.

Not sure why you are all convinced that the final will be United/Chelsea-City.

I seem to remember that there was a United-City semi final not too long ago, and also us and arsenal never meet in the finals.
I truly believe its because there would have a lot of problems if you were to lose a cup final to your biggest and most hated rivals.

I can see where you're coming from with that. Personally, I just think after us just having had a mismatch in the League Cup final, they will want a showpiece FA Cup final.

If, by some miracle, we end up finishing second, and United beat whoever they face in the final.....would we be the ones competing for the Community Shield this summer?

Usually how it works yes.

Ah. Thanks for that. Well, I'm going to do my very hardest to not drool at the prospect of a one-off game that is effectively a cup final, and instead concentrate on making sure fate doesn't ram an expectant stick up my overconfident arse.

Back