• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Robbo dude - this is coming from a spurs fan haha

We are a team that 2-0 give a pen away (wrongly so) and get hammered 5-2. We dont really move on either - how many times do we still get people on here harping on about past decisions?

Wrong decisions easily change the mentality and I think man utd (I didnt watch the game - watched a movie instead) may have just lost all concentration and felt so hard done by. They really did need someone out there like a roy keane type player to stop that mele but they didnt.

I saw the replay and it was harsh extremely harsh - I dont think it was that dangerous play - in that case are we to banish overhead kicks? Peter crouch a few days ago had an overhead kick attempt miss the ball entirely and get the west spam guy - was that deserving of a red?

Don't know about you, but I've certainly learnt how to move on after decisions I've disagreed strongly with - otherwise I'd be constantly submerged in my own bitterness! ;)

I just think this whole Nani red has been blown completely out of proportions by the Manu staff, the Manu players, the Manu fans, and to some extent TV pundits and the media. Studs up, straight leg, high speed, and - if the Real player had had his feet on the ground - at neck/head height. Very reckless from Nani. Intent? Probably not. Potentially very dangerous play? Yes. Nani could easily have hit the Real player in the neck. What then?

It's by no means the clearest of sending offs I've seen, but anyone claiming astonishment over the red card should take a deap breath, watch the incident a few more times, and try to actually think. Debatable, yes. But a fair enough decision IMO.

If there was ever a case for an "orange card"... 8-[

If Pepe had made that tackle on a Utd player Ferguson would be at the head of the lynch mob. The hypocrisy displayed by Utd is laughable. The incredulous reaction by their players and manager just goes to show how infrequent borderline decisions like these go against them. Imagine an actual clear cut decision going against them. fudge me Fergie would be so 'distraught' he'd probably retire.

Reminds me of De Jong in WC final and no one denied that was a red.

Poor Man U done over by a ref at OT, diddums. Now they know how every other club feels.

Gameiro has shaken things up front for PSG, astute sub by ancelloti. PSG looked toothless till then. Valencia have looked very good in possession.

Reminds me of De Jong in WC final and no one denied that was a red.

Poor Man U done over by a ref at OT, diddums. Now they know how every other club feels.

Really? I don't the think two incidents are comparable at all. De Jong was looking at Alonso and knew exactly what he was doing, Nani at least made an attempt for the ball.

Don't know about you, but I've certainly learnt how to move on after decisions I've disagreed strongly with - otherwise I'd be constantly submerged in my own bitterness! ;)

I just think this whole Nani red has been blown completely out of proportions by the Manu staff, the Manu players, the Manu fans, and to some extent TV pundits and the media. Studs up, straight leg, high speed, and - if the Real player had had his feet on the ground - at neck/head height. Very reckless from Nani. Intent? Probably not. Potentially very dangerous play? Yes. Nani could easily have hit the Real player in the neck. What then?

It's by no means the clearest of sending offs I've seen, but anyone claiming astonishment over the red card should take a deap breath, watch the incident a few more times, and try to actually think. Debatable, yes. But a fair enough decision IMO.

If there was ever a case for an "orange card"... 8-[

Its not blown out of proportion though when a decision like that costs a club extra 20-30m and a chance of glory - lets be honest Real were brick before that sending off.

My post was getting at the whole - blown out of all proportion comment. The game I cited was manures game where we looked comfortable until they got the penalty then capitulation - that shows a bad decision can really play on the players minds

I don't remember any Madrid players calling for a red for Nani, they weren't outraged at the challenge were they? Don't remember

I certainly wasn't expecting a red for Nani.

There again I wasn't expecting Nani to kick the ball in the open net when Gomes was taking a freekick...

Celtic managed 32 shots against Juventus over two legs, yet failed to score. Not the greatest endorsements for the likes of Hooper and Wanyama, unless they were all Samaras' of course.

Anzhi: Gabulov; Eschenko, Joao Carlo, Ewerton, Zhirkov; L Diarra, Jucilei; Ahmedov, Willian, Shatov; Eto'o.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine: Elliot; Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Perch, Haidara; Anita, Cabaye; Marveaux, Sissoko, Obertan; Ben Arfa

Anzhi: Gabulov; Eschenko, Joao Carlo, Ewerton, Zhirkov; L Diarra, Jucilei; Ahmedov, Willian, Shatov; Eto'o.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine: Elliot; Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Perch, Haidara; Anita, Cabaye; Marveaux, Sissoko, Obertan; Ben Arfa

8-[

Back