• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Perhaps slightly harsh, but not a surprise to see the red given. It's incredible how much fuss there is about the decision.

Probably because Fergie & Co are all acting like three year olds that still haven't learned how to handle losing.

I must say Ronaldo acknowledging the goal but not celebrating out of respect for Manure was good to see imo; especially for the type of potential showboater he often can be

Now, Ronaldo has to prove he is worth to be called a great player. To do that, he has to win the CL for Real Madrid who has not win it since 2002. If he does not do that, he will be just an over rated player. Don't think they paid 80m for him just to win the league title. He is a big-name player in a team full of big-name players. So, he has no excuse not to win the CL for Real Madrid unlike Portugal who has no star players except him.

Messi is not fit to tie Maradona's boot laces until he wins the World Cup for Argentina. Similiarly, Ronaldo is not fit to tie Messi's boot laces until he wins the CL for Real Madrid.

That's a bit harsh. He can't win a competition on his own! He's scored how many goals in the last few years?

Perhaps slightly harsh, but not a surprise to see the red given. It's incredible how much fuss there is about the decision.

Probably because Fergie & Co are all acting like three year olds that still haven't learned how to handle losing.

Strange thing is, Mourinho seems to be more upset about the red card than ManU. Apparently, he didn't celebrate the win, left the stadium before the final whistle and even claimed "the best team did not win". Wonder if ManU have already appointed him as their next manager.

Strange thing is, Mourinho seems to be more upset about the red card than ManU. Apparently, he didn't celebrate the win, left the stadium before the final whistle and even claimed "the best team did not win". Wonder if ManU have already appointed him as their next manager.

Its not strange at all. Jose is the KING of mind games, even making Fergie look like sn amateur in that field. Every single thing Jose says and does
Is to benefit himself. He knows what he is doing. He wants that job.

Nani does that all the time, meaning trying to pull the ball down in some kinda acrobatic karate style way. Seen it countless times. In this case he didnt see the defender coming and when he did at the last moment it was too late to pull his leg out of the way

however, rules are rules and the fact his foot was up and he made contact he was always risking a red card.

great goal from Modric.....shame its an exception rather than the rule. Still think he will be back in English football within a year

Its not strange at all. Jose is the KING of mind games, even making Fergie look like sn amateur in that field. Every single thing Jose says and does
Is to benefit himself. He knows what he is doing. He wants that job.

Spend his usual 3 seasons at PSG, then take over when Fergie retires. Depends on Ferguson really. He'll have a big say in the appointment of successor as well.

Spend his usual 3 seasons at PSG, then take over when Fergie retires. Depends on Ferguson really. He'll have a big say in the appointment of successor as well.

I think this..

Have to admit, I thought the red was very harsh BUT the reaction is incredible. 'Changed the game?' They were 1-0 UP at home when he went off, he's not exactly Vidic, and with greater focus and discipline, I think they could've seen that game out with some counter subbing. Hate to bring it up, but when Chelski played in the Nou Camp last season, Terry got his marching papers when they were one down I believe; they got the result they needed...

I have a growing feeling the Utd board might ask him to step aside this summer. Gill, his major ally, is leaving. He isn't any closer to another CL title, he has a youngish squad who look likely to get the 20th title ..... and there is a major big name successor available. He looked old last night. Think Glazers etc might think it is time for a quick coup de grace rather than a long-drawn out speculation.

I think this..

Have to admit, I thought the red was very harsh BUT the reaction is incredible. 'Changed the game?' They were 1-0 UP at home when he went off, he's not exactly Vidic, and with greater focus and discipline, I think they could've seen that game out with some counter subbing. Hate to bring it up, but when Chelski played in the Nou Camp last season, Terry got his marching papers when they were one down I believe; they got the result they needed...

It's baffling, isn't it? From the reactions you'd think this was the very first controversial refereeing decision ever made in the history of the game. Discuss it, disagree with it, argue against it - by all means - but keep a bit of perspective here. The red is debatable, but far worse refereeing decisions happen every week, in every league, in big games and small games - and after every game, managers, players and fans deal with the disappointment and get on with it.

The proportions of sulking after Nani's red card are insane. Ferguson and his players (not to mention fans and pundits) should man up and move on, and stop acting like spoilt babies.

Nani does that all the time, meaning trying to pull the ball down in some kinda acrobatic karate style way. Seen it countless times. In this case he didnt see the defender coming and when he did at the last moment it was too late to pull his leg out of the way

however, rules are rules and the fact his foot was up and he made contact he was always risking a red card.

Pretty much this. Nothing malicious about it. Just doesn't have time to move it out of the way.

In Europe fair enough, it's a red. If that is done in the Premier league i still think it'd only get a yellow.

The fact the Real players were surprised and not surrounding the referee trying to get him to produce the red tells me a lot.

Last edited:
It's baffling, isn't it? From the reactions you'd think this was the very first controversial refereeing decision ever made in the history of the game. Discuss it, disagree with it, argue against it - by all means - but keep a bit of perspective here. The red is debatable, but far worse refereeing decisions happen every week, in every league, in big games and small games - and after every game, managers, players and fans deal with the disappointment and get on with it.

The proportions of sulking after Nani's red card are insane. Ferguson and his players (not to mention fans and pundits) should man up and move on, and stop acting like spoilt babies.

The card was a slight harsh (although i can see why the ref would deem it as a red) but i agree the reaction has been grossly over the top. There is far too much of a blame culture in England, GHod knows how many referee reputations have been tarnished from refereeing a Champions League match with English opposition involved. The bias from the commentators does not help matters either, i don't know if it's the same in other countries but the way they pretty much completely ridicule any decision, no matter if it was right or wrong, that goes against English opposition is ridiculous. It only feeds fans, media or whoever else ammunition to take aim at the ref. I actually can't stand it in Tottenham matches either, would rather they just stayed neutral.

Pretty much this. Nothing malicious about it. Just doesn't have time to move it out of the way.

In Europe fair enough, it's a red. If that is done in the Premier league i still think it'd only get a yellow.

The fact the Real players were surprised and not surrounding the referee trying to get him to produce the red tells me a lot.

The fact that it was the ManU players surrounding the ref, trying to get him to book the Real player, tells me a lot, TBH.

Agreed it wouldn't have been a red in the PL though.

Nobody wanted to carry on arguing with Keano, then? Thought not. How gormless did Southgate make himself look, though? Acknowledges the question of intent to be entirely irrelevant, and in the next breath says it wasn't a red because he didn't think there was any intent.

Robbo dude - this is coming from a spurs fan haha

We are a team that 2-0 give a pen away (wrongly so) and get hammered 5-2. We dont really move on either - how many times do we still get people on here harping on about past decisions?

Wrong decisions easily change the mentality and I think man utd (I didnt watch the game - watched a movie instead) may have just lost all concentration and felt so hard done by. They really did need someone out there like a roy keane type player to stop that mele but they didnt.

I saw the replay and it was harsh extremely harsh - I dont think it was that dangerous play - in that case are we to banish overhead kicks? Peter crouch a few days ago had an overhead kick attempt miss the ball entirely and get the west spam guy - was that deserving of a red?

even down to 10 men, RVP had a couple of decent chances saved, Rooney missed a chance he would normally bury, on another night they could have a pen or two from two dodgy looking blocks in the penalty area....thought Real were pretty average on the night tbh

anyway, always good to see Fergie on the wrong end of decisions and blowing a gasket or two as a result :lol:

Robbo dude - this is coming from a spurs fan haha

We are a team that 2-0 give a pen away (wrongly so) and get hammered 5-2. We dont really move on either - how many times do we still get people on here harping on about past decisions?

Wrong decisions easily change the mentality and I think man utd (I didnt watch the game - watched a movie instead) may have just lost all concentration and felt so hard done by. They really did need someone out there like a roy keane type player to stop that mele but they didnt.

I saw the replay and it was harsh extremely harsh - I dont think it was that dangerous play - in that case are we to banish overhead kicks? Peter crouch a few days ago had an overhead kick attempt miss the ball entirely and get the west spam guy - was that deserving of a red?

The proximity of a ball when you attempt an overhead kick I imagine will be close to you. In the case of Nani, I don't think it was. I do agree that the movement of the foot (I mentioned it immediately after the incidient) was what may have got him sent off. His reaction too suggests (to me) that he knew he was guilty, why else would he react like that?

The opinions are split on this but looking at the media, you'd think it was totally one sided/unanimous.

Back