• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

VillaTalk is closed for non-members. :lol:

They were already in meltdown from the COC semifinal.

I can't see another manager doing much different with the squad they've got. I still think they'll pick up a few unexpected points and just about survive.

I can't see another manager doing much different with the squad they've got. I still think they'll pick up a few unexpected points and just about survive.

They are absolutely RANK at the moment. I personally think they need a new manager with new ideas to have any chance of staying up

Now we've played them twice hopefully they get a new manager in and start winning games,taking valuable points off our rivals

Nothing to do with the manager imo, that's what happens when you sell your best players and replace them with brick.

Nothing to do with the manager imo, that's what happens when you sell your best players and replace them with brick.

He spent £20m.

So he was part responsible for replacing them with brick.

Aston Villa:

Is this the classic case of a manager who cannot or is not confident of man-managing relatively experienced players, so then goes totally the other way and plays youth players?

Ireland
Bent
Hutton
Warnock
Dunne

That's quite a spine that he seems to have dumped...if they go down and a lot of these players were actually available to play then all that good reputation he has built up with Norwich goes out in a puff of smoke.

Villa are one of only seven clubs which have been ever-present for all 21 seasons of the Premier League.

It would be a brave man to back them still being there for the 22nd season.

I hope Villa go down, so we'll be one of only 6 ever-presents in the Prem. Plus we'll probably have more chance of overtaking their trophy haul if they have couple of years in the Championship..

He spent £20m.

So he was part responsible for replacing them with brick.

The problem isn't really the players he signed, but all the ones he didn't. They are far too reliant on youth. They need one or two leaders out there. Dunne and Petrov would have been perfect.

The problem isn't really the players he signed, but all the ones he didn't. They are far too reliant on youth. They need one or two leaders out there. Dunne and Petrov would have been perfect.

Er..

So surely if he had signed experience instead of signing youth he would have gone at least some way towards solving the issue?

I can't see how it isn't partially his fault.

Er..

So surely if he had signed experience instead of signing youth he would have gone at least some way towards solving the issue?

I can't see how it isn't partially his fault.

He signed decent players, but they have no depth to their squad. Yes, he has put himself in this position by going for revolution ahead of evolution, but it's also down to the limitations put in place by their board. I don't know why he has chosen not to play some of the experienced players currently there, apart from Petrov who's ill.

Under Lambert Norwich were essentially a long ball team. They had a bit of flair, but relied heavily on working hard, counter attacking and route one.

At Villa he seems to have adopted a different tactic, I didn't see their game last night, but I did see them against Bradford. Their goal came from a long ball flicked on, but other than that situation and the very end they seemed determined to play it along the ground most of the time. They have Benteke who seems like a very good finisher and a player who will win most headers, but they were playing essentially without wingers and with full backs who were incapable of delivering a cross.

Tactically it looked completely off to me. I think when struggling teams will do well to revert to a more basic style of football, especially as long as you actually have a proper target man in your team anyway. This seems even more important when you're lacking experience. Seems to me (based on limited viewing) that Lambert isn't doing that.

Last season I thought they were saved from being properly in the relegation fight by other teams being immensely brick. They didn't really strengthen over the summer, no surprise to see them where they are.

IIRC, Lambert stated after the Bradford match that they tried to play a long ball style to try and get something. The Norwich team he left behind was a defensive shambles and Hughton has done well to steady them. He's replaced most of the back 4 from last season.

IIRC, Lambert stated after the Bradford match that they tried to play a long ball style to try and get something. The Norwich team he left behind was a defensive shambles and Hughton has done well to steady them. He's replaced most of the back 4 from last season.

Really? They did play a bit of a long ball game towards the end (most teams do), but other than that they seemed to play it shorter and though the middle (apart from the full backs providing some width.

Really? They did play a bit of a long ball game towards the end (most teams do), but other than that they seemed to play it shorter and though the middle (apart from the full backs providing some width.

I don't think they the confidence, or quality, to stick with any style. It's panicky and all over the place really.

Bradford made an informal approach before Tuesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg, asking Villa if they wanted to go 50-50 on the money either side would make from the final.

Getting to Wembley is worth £1million in ticket sales, TV rights and prize money.

But even though Bradford were 3-1 up after the first leg, they recognised they could still go out.

So they suggested the two clubs should agree to £500,000 each irrespective of the outcome of the semi.

Some members of the Villa board were said to be up for the deal but boss Paul Lambert was not interested."

It is really surprising Villa has not changed their manager despite being in shyte form and relegation fight all season. I think they really need a new manager to save them. Can see them being relegated unless they change their manager.

Kompany coming off and City don't have a CB on the bench.

One CB against Stoke. This could be interesting.

City taking their time over replacing Kompany..

Stoke have had a man advantage for five minutes now and the city replacement hasn't even stripped off yet..

Clichy has come on, City have moved to three at the back.

Against Stoke? madness...

Back