• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

If ever a subject deserved it's own thread it was the ball boy incident. Who merged it in this thread?

If ever a subject deserved it's own thread it was the ball boy incident. Who merged it in this thread?

What's with the fascination with threat merging? What's the big deal?

(Maybe we should have a separate "talk about thread merging thread")

Given that the lad clearly was wanting to slow the game down, it got me thinking how much clubs actually encourage there ball boys to do this? Anyone remember one of the MOTD pundits for berating a Blackburn ball girl against Liverpool sometime in the early 90s?

Conversely I have to say I both admire and resent the way Barcelona have their ball boys so efficiently trained to get the ball back ASAP when they have the ball. We're trying to play a similar high tempo game, could do worse than learn from the maestros.

I think it was Chelsea under Mourinho where they were chasing a goal at home, all their ball boys were standing fairly close to the field (as close as they could I think), ready to get the ball back into play as soon as possible. Then Chelsea scored and all the ball boys kinda disappeared and were just sitting around in the background.

Could have been a different club, different manager, hell even a different league, I don't trust my memory, I just think it was Chelsea.

What's with the fascination with threat merging? What's the big deal?

(Maybe we should have a separate "talk about thread merging thread")

I am not fascinated just baffled. If the merges are explained-I have no problem.
The ball boy incident is gonna run for weeks. There are gonna be dozens of iokes. They are all gonna be in this thread when I would like to be reading about other teams results and players eg the Arsenal result.

I really think this is such a non-event. The ball boy was acting like an idiot, Hazard wanted to get on with the game and was irritated tried to kick ball out. Really the way some people are going on its like he's the next Jimmy Saville. I hate Chelsea as much as anyone but this is an overeaction. The ball boy was not even hurt. Hazard should get punished for his petulance but worse things happen everyday and worse things have happened at chelsea like shooting a youth player.

Too many people on this board think football is still the same as it was 30 years ago. Violence is an embarrassment to the game. My mate who's a basketball nut just posted on Facebook "this only happens in football". Kids look up to this clown shoe, and now he's seen as a child-kicker, regardless of whether the ball boy deserved it or not. If a kid takes another boy's ball in the playground should he wrestle him and kick him now? Maybe some people on this board will tolerate it, because that's the generation you were brought up in, but in my generation this kind of thing just isn't looked upon well.

Why would this be the ref's fault? The ref is there to add time on for any time wasting. So if Hazard hasn't gotten involved the fact the ball boy was being a dingdong would have made no difference.

Also why does this affect your view of Swansea? One of their ball boys is a dingdong? Pretty sure if you went through the ball boys at each club you'd find tools like him.

It felt like the ballboy was rolling on the field for ages until got kicked and the ref was nowhere to be seen. I think the ref was too slow to react in the situation. Afterall it was the ref's duty to make sure the match is continued without any time wasting.

I am sure the ballboys at all clubs try to help their clubs win. I remember George Graham used to ask the Spurs ballboys not to give back the ball immediately. But this is unacceptable. This is the first time I have seen a ballboy rolling on the field holding the ball. He could have just let the ball go but didn't. That was deliberate time wasting and provocation. He provoked Hazard into manhandling him. The way the ballboy gave that innocent look and pointed his hand towards Hazard makes it hard to accept. Now everytime you think about Swansea, everyone will be reminded more of the ballboy than Michu or their team.

Last edited:

BBVJbadCUAAr4tr.jpg

That is fudging great. I'm reliving the Peter scene in my head and its still going as I type this!

What should Hazard have done to get the ball back? I'm not suggesting he licks the ball boy but instead, what if the ball boy wants to lay there for a few minutes?

Would the referee have to get a different ball and add the time on?

:eek: I should hope not!

Police are now investigating the incident #-o! Jesus wept!! vulnerable girls alleging abuse in Oldham, rochdale and oxford. Police completely ignore these. pathetic, well publicized incidents they 're all over.

Just like when players try to wrestle the ball out of goalies hands after a goal it only delays the restart even further. Hazard has been a complete idiot here and took his frustration out on a ball boy who was being a bit cheeky. For those saying that the ball boy was wasting so much time take a look at the majority I players during the incident. Most of them are walking still with their backs to goal not even expecting the goal kick to happen.

This should definitely be more than a 3 match ban I am guessing it will be in 5-10 game range. The ball boy was being a **** but still inexcusable what Hazard did he should have just walked back like the other 20 players and let the ref do his job if the kid was still time wasting. Complete utter fudge stick is hazard Chelsea deserve him just look at that smirk he gives before he gets the red while talking to Mata. Bet he isn't smiling after he gets this ban

Who remembers a game against Leeds years back. Their ballboy collected the ball and as quick as you like handed it to Stephen Carr. Carr took the throw I'm straight away and we scored from the attack.

By the way, the ballboy was actually Leeds manager Terry Venables.

Who remembers a game against Leeds years back. Their ballboy collected the ball and as quick as you like handed it to Stephen Carr. Carr took the throw I'm straight away and we scored from the attack.

By the way, the ballboy was actually Leeds manager Terry Venables.

Similar situation a few seasons ago, though I don't recall which opposing manager gave us the ball that quickly. 99% sure it wasn't against Leeds.

Too many people on this board think football is still the same as it was 30 years ago. Violence is an embarrassment to the game. My mate who's a basketball nut just posted on Facebook "this only happens in football". Kids look up to this clown shoe, and now he's seen as a child-kicker, regardless of whether the ball boy deserved it or not. If a kid takes another boy's ball in the playground should he wrestle him and kick him now? Maybe some people on this board will tolerate it, because that's the generation you were brought up in, but in my generation this kind of thing just isn't looked upon well.

I see the point you're making, and absolutely agree, physical action/abuse of a boy/youth by an adult is absolutely unacceptable. But equally I absolutely agree with Robspur. There are two issues to address, Hazard's appalling behavior and the lad's appalling behavior whilst doing his 'job'. The real danger is that somehow, this kid becomes a 'hero'...he should, in all reality, be told that he didn't do his job properly and that in future, such behavior will not be tolerated. Hazard, quite rightly, will see a 3 match ban. I will have respect for the boy's family if they do not take up the police and 'press charges' or try to make money/get some sort of gain, from the whole sorry affair. I do not see Edin Hazard as a child kicker. I see him as a rather petulant, thick and unchecked young man in need of a wake-up call with regards to his behavior. Equally, I think the young lad should give a few quotes apologizing for his part in this.

Police are now investigating the incident #-o! Jesus wept!! vulnerable girls alleging abuse in Oldham, rochdale and oxford. Police completely ignore these. pathetic, well publicized incidents they 're all over.

If there is balance, the boy and his family will wave it all on and the police can get back to investigating proper crimes...

Re: OT - Sending off / ball boy shenanigans Swansea v Chelski

i come from nigeria, different culture out there , was beaten and whipped in school for quite a lot of my child hood through to teenage years. in this scenario hazard just seems like another senior boy teaching a junior manners. but i agree in todays society its totally wrong

i agree in principle though with that you are saying but i also dont think that hazard meant to kick his ribs. to me he clearly was trying to kick the ball out from under the boy.

and that boy was play acting. proper cheating diver....i'm actually quite tinkled at that kid..i have NOOO sympathy for the boy whatsoever even though hazard shouldnt have done it

Absolutely.

I think Hazard has been a total idiot, but I really hope what's not lost in all this is the behavior of the young man in question. Seriously. It might well end up being passed over. There HAS to be a statement about his behavior otherwise they'll all be at it even more than they are at, say, S****...on another note, I think beating any child is absolutely not on. I feel really sorry for your school days. My mum had the same, she fudging hated it. Thankfully did NOT raise me like that.

I agree though, Hazard is an idiot but the boy hasn't got my sympathy either...

Absolutely.

I think Hazard has been a total idiot, but I really hope what's not lost in all this is the behavior of the young man in question. Seriously. It might well end up being passed over. There HAS to be a statement about his behavior otherwise they'll all be at it even more than they are at, say, S****...on another note, I think beating any child is absolutely not on. I feel really sorry for your school days. My mum had the same, she fudging hated it. Thankfully did NOT raise me like that.

Agree in principle, but basically a whole bunch of people are saying because a minor behaved stupidly, an adult professional athlete is allowed to (intentionally or not) struggle with him for a ball and then kick out at him ... under no circumstance does that fly.

Women behave frustratingly all the time, can I kick them in the ribs?

Agree in principle, but basically a whole bunch of people are saying because a minor behaved stupidly, an adult professional athlete is allowed to (intentionally or not) struggle with him for a ball and then kick out at him ... under no circumstance does that fly.

No.

In the sponge.

Hazard has apologized via Chelsea TV.

"The boy put his whole body onto the ball and I was just trying to kick the ball and I think I kicked the ball and not the boy. I apologise.

"The ball boy came in the changing room and we had a quick chat and I apologised and the boy apologised as well, and it is over. Sorry."

yes the adult is allowed to struggle with the ball and .......NO ONE has said that the adult is allowed to kick out at him. Although i might have missed it where you read that but i dont quite recall reading it in that manner mate

Absolutely.

i dont think i hold any mental scaring from those years....the only thing i think was a bit over the top was once all that it took to get the koboko stick lashes on my hands and back was that i got a question wrong......mother fudger!!!! LOL...i swear that guy had it in for me :lol:

Back