• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

i actually think he meant to kick the ball from under him but didnt care that he probably end up kicking the boy as well

I really think this is such a non-event. The ball boy was acting like an idiot, Hazard wanted to get on with the game and was irritated tried to kick ball out. Really the way some people are going on its like he's the next Jimmy Saville. I hate Chelsea as much as anyone but this is an overeaction. The ball boy was not even hurt. Hazard should get punished for his petulance but worse things happen everyday and worse things have happened at chelsea like shooting a youth player.

It's libel, slander is spoken..

Just sayin'..

actually i should get rid of that word before the mods start gettiing itchy fingers

but in all honesty......all this thing about wrestling the boy to the floor , not letting him get up and then kicking him for good measure just seems alittle bit like people are finding a cause to get behind unnecessarily , for that hazard should have been sent off no doubt, but that boy IMO was blatantly cheating...that bit to me seems obvious. why would hazard keep the boy on the ball anyway?

and look at the boys right arm, it actually moves the shield the ball FROM hazard...not protecting his neck..or his head...or even his short ribs...he hides and covers the ball

time wasting. but hazard shouldnt have kicked him..i dont know why he needed to. he's 3 times the boys size

BBVMUzYCMAAcfMz.jpg

I really think this is such a non-event. The ball boy was acting like an idiot, Hazard wanted to get on with the game and was irritated tried to kick ball out. Really the way some people are going on its like he's the next Jimmy Saville. I hate Chelsea as much as anyone but this is an overeaction. The ball boy was not even hurt. Hazard should get punished for his petulance but worse things happen everyday and worse things have happened at chelsea like shooting a youth player.

this.

Its got to go down as one of the stupidest things I've seen a footballer do. If he'd have just left the ballboy to it the game would have restarted in a few seconds, getting involved was always going to just slow things down (a bit like when players try to get the ball off the keeper after a goal, I'm pretty sure that always just delays the restart).

But then to have a kick "at the ball" like that really was ridiculous, am pretty sure he will have known that it was basically impossible to get the ball without making any contact, even if he'd got away with it on the night he was always going to get in trouble retrospectively.

It does nothing to relieve the stereotype of footballers not being the sharpest.

Its got to go down as one of the stupidest things I've seen a footballer do. If he'd have just left the ballboy to it the game would have restarted in a few seconds, getting involved was always going to just slow things down (a bit like when players try to get the ball off the keeper after a goal, I'm pretty sure that always just delays the restart).

But then to have a kick "at the ball" like that really was ridiculous, am pretty sure he will have known that it was basically impossible to get the ball without making any contact, even if he'd got away with it on the night he was always going to get in trouble retrospectively.

It does nothing to relieve the stereotype of footballers not being the sharpest.

top post

Let's be honest, that ballboy's behaviour deserves a good kick in the COC

Exactly. Disgusting behaviour. It was a deliberate time wasting. The ref should have intervene instead of letting the ballboy rolling on the field holding the ball. The ref should take full responsibility for this. Just imagine if it was us in that situation. I wouldn't have been upset at all if a Spurs player did that. Hazard was right to get the red card but the ballboy should be banned from football as well.

This incident has changed my view of Swansea completely. Until now, thought they were winning the matches fairly. Not sure anymore. This has helped me decide who to support in the Final. Come on Bradford !

Last edited:

Exactly. Disgusting behaviour. It was a deliberate time wasting. The ref should have intervene instead of letting the ballboy rolling on the field holding the ball. The ref should take full responsibility for this. Just imagine if it was us in that situation. I wouldn't have been upset at all if a Spurs player did that. Hazard was right to get the red card but the ballboy should be banned from football as well.

This incident has changed my view of Swansea completely. Until now, thought they were winning the matches fairly. Not sure anymore. This has helped me decide to who support in the Final. Come on Bradford !

But mate , how was the ref supposed to intervene? he was past the penalty area and the whole thing took like 3 secs

How funny was BIG MANS reaction by the way?

This incident has changed my view of Swansea completely. Until now, thought they were winning the matches fairly. Not sure anymore. This has helped me decide to who support in the Final. Come on Bradford !

Why would this be the ref's fault? The ref is there to add time on for any time wasting. So if Hazard hasn't gotten involved the fact the ball boy was being a dingdong would have made no difference.

Also why does this affect your view of Swansea? One of their ball boys is a dingdong? Pretty sure if you went through the ball boys at each club you'd find tools like him.

Ball boy was a dingdong.
Don't blame Hazard, I'd have done the same.
Laudrup is one seriously cool cat.

Funny as hell that whole incident.

I really think this is such a non-event. The ball boy was acting like an idiot, Hazard wanted to get on with the game and was irritated tried to kick ball out. Really the way some people are going on its like he's the next Jimmy Saville. I hate Chelsea as much as anyone but this is an overeaction. The
ball boy was not even hurt. Hazard
should get punished for his petulance
but worse things happen everyday
and worse things have happened at
chelsea like shooting a youth
player.
top post

Big Sam picks his reserves-their no 20 was shocking. And yet they took the lead. Not impressed by Arsenal (I know, 5-1 but still..) but their first 2 goals showed great skill but poor defending.

Irrelevant. He kicked the boy when he could not even see the ball, at the very least it was reckless and he deservedly got sent off the way one gets sent off for a reckless tackle

I agree it's probably irrelevant when it comes to the red card. But people on here are comparing this to what Cantona did, talking about longer bans than what Barton got at the end of last season etc. I think when it comes to handing out a suspension then it's very much relevant what he was trying to do. He should get some punishment, sure. I think almost everyone agrees. But some of the reactions seem way over the top.

every last thing you said here is untrue. Jeez...why would you slander someone like that?

Solid analysis :)

The thing is, we're watching it at home, several replays later, detached from the situation. Like Laudrup mentioned the situation is completely different for Hazard. Of course what he did was stupid and it's not acceptable behaviour, but it's not like he intentionally went over and kicked the ball boy for the hell of it. Frustration, adrenaline, tiredness and other factors all play their part.

I have seen much stupider things done by footballers, both on the pitch and off it.

Cheers :)

I thought the exact same thing when watching it at first, was hoping someone would make a gif cutting from one to the other...

Given that the lad clearly was wanting to slow the game down, it got me thinking how much clubs actually encourage there ball boys to do this? Anyone remember one of the MOTD pundits for berating a Blackburn ball girl against Liverpool sometime in the early 90s?

Conversely I have to say I both admire and resent the way Barcelona have their ball boys so efficiently trained to get the ball back ASAP when they have the ball. We're trying to play a similar high tempo game, could do worse than learn from the maestros.

Back