• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Am I the only one that thought Cantona was even more of a hero after his karate kick followed by 'seagull' press conference? 8-[

nope, there is nothing that man does that doesn't make me love him more each day

the fan being a fully grown man who'd walked down about 15 rows to deliver his bete noir, this is arguably worse, solely because it was a child

Cantona has still gone after him and intended to be violent. I don't think Hazard has tried to hurt the kid, he just wants the ball back.

Just to clarify, my post there was just in reference to the Cantona incident, I'm not saying the Hazard incident is comparable. Hazard is clearly more of a ****

The Welsh police have got involved and are investigating the incident with Hazard and the ball-boy

Will someone please explain to me where this boy was time wasting?

The boy just wanted to pass the ball to his goalkeeper. Why did Hazard want the ball when it was a goal kick? Hazard didn't allow him to pass the ball to the goalkeeper so if anyone was time-wasting it was Hazard.
Well, the ballboy could have picked the ball up at first, but let the ball roll past him. And Skysports, after the game, showed another incident involving another ballboy a few minutes earlier who also held onto the ball for an unsually long time before throwing the ball too short to the Swansea keeper. A couple of Chelsea players reacted to that as well. So, either the ballboys had been instructed to take their time, or they took manner into their own hands.

I am not defending Hazard though. He deserved his red card, and deserves a suspension. I can understand the frustration though. And he is not the antichrist for this.

Just to clarify, my post there was just in reference to the Cantona incident, I'm not saying the Hazard incident is comparable. Hazard is clearly more of a ****

i wasn't arguing your point, just taking it further

Will someone please explain to me where this boy was time wasting?

The boy just wanted to pass the ball to his goalkeeper. Why did Hazard want the ball when it was a goal kick? Hazard didn't allow him to pass the ball to the goalkeeper so if anyone was time-wasting it was Hazard.

He was obviously time wasting. If you watch the Laudrup interview it's pretty clear that even he says that the ball boy should have given the ball back straight away.

If you look at the posts from what is reported to be his twitter account it also seems obvious that he was planning to time waste.

BBC Laudrup quotes are just ultra-classy

"The ball boy should have let the ball go but he was pushed first and then he kicks him. As a player when you are behind your pulse is very high and sometimes you say and do things, you overreact. But there are some things you cannot do."

"What Bradford has done - there are no words. They have beaten three Premier League teams, it is marvellous. If I had a hat on I would take it off."

"Most of these players have never been to a final. I've been there a lot of times as a player and a manager and it is so different. It is absolutely amazing and you will always remember it. Even the ones I lost have been great."

You didn't lose many Michael...

"Yes. Well that is true..."

Well, the ballboy could have picked the ball up at first, but let the ball roll past him. And Skysports, after the game, showed another incident involving another ballboy a few minutes earlier who also held onto the ball for an unsually long time before throwing the ball too short to the Swansea keeper. A couple of Chelsea players reacted to that as well. So, either the ballboys had been instructed to take their time, or they took manner into their own hands.

I am not defending Hazard though. He deserved his red card, and deserves a suspension. I can understand the frustration though. And he is not the antichrist for this.

Well obviously the ball boy was in no rush, but he wasn't time-wasting. Would the extra 2 seconds have killed Hazard? He lost his head and deserves everything

Let's be honest, that ballboy's behaviour deserves a good kick in the COC

nope, there is nothing that man does that doesn't make me love him more each day

tumblr_m1iaczvycj1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
[/IMG]

Can't believe some are actually defending him. Then again there have always been a lot on here ready to defend the indefensible for the sake of an argument.

Just remember, if it had been on the field of play and he kicked out against a Swansea player like that, it would have been a red and no one would have argued.

BBC Laudrup quotes are just ultra-classy

"The ball boy should have let the ball go but he was pushed first and then he kicks him. As a player when you are behind your pulse is very high and sometimes you say and do things, you overreact. But there are some things you cannot do."

"What Bradford has done - there are no words. They have beaten three Premier League teams, it is marvellous. If I had a hat on I would take it off."

"Most of these players have never been to a final. I've been there a lot of times as a player and a manager and it is so different. It is absolutely amazing and you will always remember it. Even the ones I lost have been great."

You didn't lose many Michael...

"Yes. Well that is true..."

I agree. Comes across like a gentleman. I can imagine a lot of managers who would have been ready to throw Hazard under the bus just to look tough and score a few cheap points in the press.

Come off you drama queens, we've all kicked a ball out from under a mate - it doesn't hurt at all

The ballboy was being a dingdong trying to time waste and rile Hazard up, then feigned injury and sat up and looked at the ref, then keeled over and feigned injury again

Both are dingdongs, but this was no big deal

+1

This incident will also deflect attention away from Demba Ba's shocking dive in the first half.

And now Chelsea apologise for their initial tweet about the incident.

Twitter: The world would be richer for its absence

if the police are investigating this seriously then I have many things to report to them. I think I saw a 16 year old get hit in the eye by a snowball today.

Can't believe some are actually defending him. Then again there have always been a lot on here ready to defend the indefensible for the sake of an argument.

Just remember, if it had been on the field of play and he kicked out against a Swansea player like that, it would have been a red and no one would have argued.

Defending him? I don't see many here saying that he shouldn't have gotten the red card...

Most people are saying that the red was fine and that he should get a normal suspension. People are seeing that there's a difference between what he did and what Cantona did and that some of the reactions have been over the top.

Edit: Would you include Laudrup in the "trying to defend the indefensible for the sake of an argument" category?

Back