• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Why when we've no chance of finishing near them? Everton on the other hand will be closer to us so I'm not too happy.

If we're a better team then Everton we'll finish above them regardless. The fact we are above Man Utd after 1 game is nice.

They won't...I think their second-half display has been as painfully average as their first-half was good and strong...they actually look desperate right now!

Very similar to our game there last season. Once they went 1-0 up they seemed quite happy to sit back and soak it up. Not sure it will always work for them though.

If some of you lot are deluded enough to believe we can compete with united go put some money on it you'll get very good odds.

Has anyone straight up said we'll compete for United or you putting brick into peoples mouths again?

win a few headers in the middle of the park - give countless free kicks away and all of a sudden you are a great player

Why when we've no chance of finishing near them? Everton on the other hand will be closer to us so I'm not too happy.

Why absolutely no chance? All this shows is that there will be some tough grounds on the level just below the very top clubs. If Man United are capable of losing at Everton they can lose at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, can lose at Spurs, can lose at Arsenal, Liverpool etc. We went to a tough ground and lost too, so it's all to play for again. We can be in there with them.

Everton will be up there too, but I can see teams causing them problems as well. We will have more quality than them overall, and without being hamstrung by our manager being linked with the national job I think we are an excellent side. I'd much rather aim to get closer to United than hope we can get above Everton.

Has anyone straight up said we'll compete for United or you putting brick into peoples mouths again?

BOL just said its good they lost as we can stay in with them and you said it was good Everton won tonight. My point is we'll finish at least 16 points behind united but Everton will be within 7 points of us (All IMO don't worry) so tonight isn't a great result for us.

Also, we looked better at Saudi Sportswashing Machine than United did at Everton, and they have probably completed their big business while we haven't. I'm not saying we will finish above United - they have a lot of quality, but I'm really optimistic that we can be up there competing. We have a lot of quality too.

Why absolutely no chance? All this shows is that there will be some tough grounds on the level just below the very top clubs. If Man United are capable of losing at Everton they can lose at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, can lose at Spurs, can lose at Arsenal, Liverpool etc. We went to a tough ground and lost too, so it's all to play for again. We can be in there with them.

Everton will be up there too, but I can see teams causing them problems as well. We will have more quality than them overall, and without being hamstrung by our manager being linked with the national job I think we are an excellent side. I'd much rather aim to get closer to United than hope we can get above Everton.

Apart from Southampton, statistically we had the toughest opening fixture Last seasons 5th place Away from home

Spurs upto 14th. Above United :lol:

I'll take any positives I can.

Although thats another team that can beat United which we just dont seem to be able to do

They beat Man U fairly regularly at home.

Anyway, it's all swings and roundabouts, they can't beat Liverpool, yet we beat them every season

530981_411508338908087_907550934_n.jpg

Apart from Southampton, statistically we had the toughest opening fixture Last seasons 5th place Away from home

Yup, I think that's a good point (although I guess Sunderland would say 3rd place away is tough, but they are very irrelevant IMO) in that out of the sides hoping to be challenging for the top 4, us and United had the toughest games, considering we were away. To go to Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine is very similar, so I think it's a good sign that we played so well, while it's pretty clear United were outplayed and didn't really deserve that much from the game. They will improve no question, but they have shown they are capable of losing at another top 8 side, and that's a good sign for us.

Basic tactical error - Carrick was marking Fellani during open play and at set pieces. It was only after Carrick scored that Vidic was put on Fellani, doh!

Basic tactical error - Carrick was marking Fellani during open play and at set pieces. It was only after Carrick scored that Vidic was put on Fellani, doh!

Vidic didn't do much better against him.

Though Fellani seemed to tire at about the 65-70 minute mark..

Yup, I think that's a good point (although I guess Sunderland would say 3rd place away is tough, but they are very irrelevant IMO) in that out of the sides hoping to be challenging for the top 4, us and United had the toughest games, considering we were away. To go to Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine is very similar, so I think it's a good sign that we played so well, while it's pretty clear United were outplayed and didn't really deserve that much from the game. They will improve no question, but they have shown they are capable of losing at another top 8 side, and that's a good sign for us.

Bugger..I missed that one

hitler%20clapping.gif

Fellaini was excellent today, but he should have been booked by the 65th minute or so niggley fouls. It's what he's good at, but would have been a different last half hour if he had to play on a yellow.

£25m and he would be ours, well worth a punt, though I get the feeling once it looked like he would be on the move the bigger dogs would move in. Defensively Sandro offers as much anyway?

Liked the look of Kagawa, if Man U had a better crosser on the left than Evra or a forward as good in the air as Berbatov they would have got at least a point.

Back