• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

A9S9f26CYAEjXJk.jpg:large

Not that he should need to, but..please be watching Moutinho

Forget that. Never underestimate arsenal when it comes to bottling it.

Those options just got a little tougher. PSG,Malaga,Dortmund,Barcelona,Bayern Munich,Shakthar??

Pick the easy draw from that bunch

Those options just got a little tougher. PSG,Malaga,Dortmund,Barcelona,Bayern Munich,Shakthar??

Pick the easy draw from that bunch

Won't get much easier after tomorrow either.. shaktar/juventus can finish top or bayern/valencia..

MCFC set to finish on 3 points - the worst EVER return for an English team in the #UCL group stage and the first to fail to win a game.

MCFC set to finish on 3 points - the worst EVER return for an English team in the #UCL group stage and the first to fail to win a game.

Really embarrassing for Mancini.

Considering the countless millions which have been thrown at City recently, there really is no excuse for this.

To quote Martin Tyler...'Nice to see them doing it the right way'

Mancini in Champions League - Best: Quarter Finals

Lazio P 6 W 1 D 2 L 3 Win % 16.7 (2002-04)

Inter Milan P 36 W 19 D 8 L 9 Win % 52.8 (2004-08 )

Emirates Marketing Project P 12 W 3 D 4 L 5 Win % 25 (2009-)

There's no doubting tonights elimination will help them in their bid to retain the title. It could though have an efect on their ranking for next seasons tournament though.
They made it into the 2nd pot of teams(Ranked 14th) this season, but I would say all of the teams just below will pick up more coefficient pts than them this season. They could possibly drop into the third pot for next season, which could more another tough group.
What could go in their favour is as its a rolling 5-years total, they didnt get many pts 5 seasons ago so their coeff total wont change too much and they might still sneak into Pot 2

Joe hart looks like he is about to cry...

Aww..

Mancini in Champions League - Best: Quarter Finals

Lazio P 6 W 1 D 2 L 3 Win % 16.7 (2002-04)

Inter Milan P 36 W 19 D 8 L 9 Win % 52.8 (2004-08 )

Emirates Marketing Project P 12 W 3 D 4 L 5 Win % 25 (2009-)

Still a top manager in Emirates Marketing Project fans' eyes.

Just saw the Modric passes - wow! Incredible to watch, he's such a brilliant player.

Yes, I do miss him. Glad he ended up at a proper team, at least, and not with the small club in Fulham.

Still a top manager in Emirates Marketing Project fans' eyes.

I'm 95% sure I've debated this in the past, but yeah, I still think he is.

Arrogant performance today, just got the feeling that no-one was arsed if we won or not. They weren't arsed if they got into the Europa.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not gutted with the Champions League performances. After watching everyone else have the time of their lives in it, winning only 3 matches from 12 is gutting to say the least. But at least now we can focus on retaining the title, which was more of a priority anyway. I suspect this is the mentality of most City fans, too.

I'm 95% sure I've debated this in the past, but yeah, I still think he is.

Arrogant performance today, just got the feeling that no-one was arsed if we won or not. They weren't arsed if they got into the Europa.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not gutted with the Champions League performances. After watching everyone else have the time of their lives in it, winning only 3 matches from 12 is gutting to say the least. But at least now we can focus on retaining the title, which was more of a priority anyway. I suspect this is the mentality of most City fans, too.

The fact is, he always inherits top sides and either has plenty of money to spend, or his rivals are get relegated as a result of match fixing. Mourinho walked in to the Inter job and won the CL with essentially the same team Mancini had. As much as I don't really rate him as a manager or his man management skills, he's shown in the past that he knows how to organise a defence so I expected Emirates Marketing Project to do a little bit better than they've done so far in Europe.

The fact is, he always inherits top sides and either has plenty of money to spend, or his rivals are get relegated as a result of match fixing. Mourinho walked in to the Inter job and won the CL with essentially the same team Mancini had. As much as I don't really rate him as a manager or his man management skills, he's shown in the past that he knows how to organise a defence so I expected Emirates Marketing Project to do a little bit better than they've done so far in Europe.

Agree with you all the way. Even in the Europa League last season, we were absolute dog. The season before that, we were knocked out by an average Kiev side. Mancini can't handle Europe. The domestic side of things is where we need to consolidate, and it looks like he knows what he is doing there so I reckon we'll keep him until next December when we will be knocked out of the CL again.

Agree with you all the way. Even in the Europa League last season, we were absolute dog. The season before that, we were knocked out by an average Kiev side. Mancini can't handle Europe. The domestic side of things is where we need to consolidate, and it looks like he knows what he is doing there so I reckon we'll keep him until next December when we will be knocked out of the CL again.

For me it's down to attitude of the players. Whether this is Mancini's fault or the players themselves is a matter for conjecture but I suspect a bit of both but mostly the latter. On paper City have one of the strongest teams in Europe but they are just not applying themselves when they need to. They don't give a brick, basically.

For me it's down to attitude of the players. Whether this is Mancini's fault or the players themselves is a matter for conjecture but I suspect a bit of both but mostly the latter. On paper City have one of the strongest teams in Europe but they are just not applying themselves when they need to. They don't give a brick, basically.

Today's match suggested to me that it's more deep-rooted than that. Our fans didn't care whether we lost tonight or not. They didn't care if we became the worst English team to have ever performed in Europe. All they care about is being better than United. After so many years in their shadow, I see where they're coming from. They don't see the bigger picture yet. I guess that's the price of quick, expensive success.

Today's match suggested to me that it's more deep-rooted than that. Our fans didn't care whether we lost tonight or not. They didn't care if we became the worst English team to have ever performed in Europe. All they care about is being better than United. After so many years in their shadow, I see where they're coming from. They don't see the bigger picture yet. I guess that's the price of quick, expensive success.

The merits of being in the Europa league have divided this forum so in some ways it is not surprising that City fans are not that disappointed with missing out on it altogether. But the players attitude is something altogether different and there can be no excuses on that front considering the copious amounts of money they all earn.

My own opinion is that it is better to win something than be 4th in something. Most won't agree with me but imagine if in AVB's next four years he netted a Europa League title, an FA cup and 2 League cups but NO CL qualification. I'd take that everyday of the week. It's about glory after all not money.

Was thinking about it when watching both Chelsea AND Arsenal at the weekend. What happened to both Hazard and Cazorla? Both made very impressive starts to the campaign but now both look uninterested and not like the players they looked at the start of the season. I always said Hazard would flop because I thought Gervinho was better of the two whenever I watched them at Lille together and was beginning to eat my words at the beginning of the season but now he really doesn't look good at all, in fact he looks like Gervinho.

Cazorla has been giving the ball a way left,right and centre and that is unlike a Spanish player of his ability. He just doesn't do much all round for the team. His form seemed to decline and then so did Arsenal. Not really sure whats happened, all seemed to of happened when Wheelchair got into the team and Diaby got injured.

I would imagine it is a bit awkward to be a City fan at the moment.

Back