• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

di-9YOS.gif

Yet Martinez will back him and the press will mention before everyone moves on. As they should IMHO. A boob, yes, but they happen. Poor old Huerelho; mugged by everyone IMHO...

No (and there was no inference in my post about that). I was just stating that Harry contradicted himself in a very blatant way in the middle of a contract negotiation (I for one feel he was goading DL into sacking him and paying him off by hiring Paul Stretford as his agent and asking for a rich multi-year contract after the shambles of the end of last season).

I LOVE Spurs and HATE when we are a laughing stock and playing bricky football (as we're doing with AVB) with bad results (as we did with Harry from Mid-Feb onwards last season).

The lack of investment last January had a far bigger influence on the end of last season than Harry's perceived loss of focus.

Oh dear...'laughing stock'...come on Hully, you're better than that mate!

Levy has spectacularly hit the self distrust button. And the rest of the Premier League are tinkling themselves as we go rapidly backwards. How would you describe us?

Last year we missed out on CL by a point, this year we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

The lack of investment last January had a far bigger influence on the end of last season than Harry's perceived loss of focus.

I don't doubt that lack on investment over the past two years played a big part in our inability to solidify our place in the CL ranks, but you can't deny that when Harry was red-hot favourite to get the England job he denied it had an impact on the form of the team yet months later when he wanted his new contract he told DL to hurry up because the players needed to know who the manager was.

No it didn't.

Yes it did.

No it didn't.

Yes it did.

No it didn't.

Yes it did.

Harry is now QPR manager , AVB is Spurs'

Just out of interest , how many league points at this stage are we away from not being a laughing stock ?

Levy has spectacularly hit the self distrust button. And the rest of the Premier League are tinkling themselves as we go rapidly backwards. How would you describe us?

Last year we missed out on CL by a point, this year we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

I bet you we finish top half

:ross:

Don't drag me in.
I tried to offer you an out, but if you really want to go for it Hully, the Premier League are not 'tinkling themselves laughing', they already did that for the last two seasons when one of the best squads we've had in 20 years twice failed to play for the second half of seasons and thus failed to get in the CL which it's sum talent should've achieved easily. I won't explain the common denominator. If you want to blame Daniel Levy for everything, so be it. The bottom line is that the previous manager would not commit to a long-term contract as he was too busy hitching his skirt up for the England job. We don't have oligarch money. SO why give him 30 million to spend on players the incoming manager might not like (remember, Harry was going to ENGLAND so far as he was concerned)?

The ONE thing I will blame Levy for is Moutinho. That's all.

How would I describe us? A club trying to deal with replacing it's heartbeat whilst constantly shuffling injuries and in need of two or three quality signings but one which is doing OK in context. Not your view I'm sure. Harry played his situation, and indeed half the fan-base it appears, like a cheap flute. I have to hand it to him, he is a master of public manipulation...

Anyway, back to the THREAD TOPIC!

Hope Villa can maintain their first half spirit and drive...

I don't doubt that lack on investment over the past two years played a big part in our inability to solidify our place in the CL ranks, but you can't deny that when Harry was red-hot favourite to get the England job he denied it had an impact on the form of the team yet months later when he wanted his new contract he told DL to hurry up because the players needed to know who the manager was.

Not saying he didn't, but so what? It's no different to supporting your players in public then giving them a gonading behind closed doors.
He might not have thought it was having any affect at the time but then looking back he might have changed his mind, who knows. None of it begins to explain why he was sacked.

Not saying he didn't, but so what? It's no different to supporting your players in public then giving them a gonading behind closed doors.
He might not have thought it was having any affect at the time but then looking back he might have changed his mind, who knows. None of it begins to explain why he was sacked.

It goes a long way to explain it.

He took his eye off the ball, refused to sign a contract and then demanded to get a better contract.

Deserved.

Yes, hopefully. Good game this, Villa are certainly improving each time I see them.

Tell you what Hully, could I ask that you bring it over to the Arry thread we have (What Next...) mate? These are all arguments we've had many times over, and they continue to be played out in said-thread over and over, with the same suspects involved in the bickering (I include myself in that description rather tragically ;))

Tell you what Hully, could I ask that you bring it over to the Arry thread we have (What Next...) mate? These are all arguments we've had many times over, and they continue to be played out in said-thread over and over, with the same suspects involved in the bickering (I include myself in that description rather tragically ;))

And we keep arriving at the same conclusions, it is what people want it to be. :)

Cazorla isn't hacking a cold night in Birmingham.

Don't drag me in.
I tried to offer you an out, but if you really want to go for it Hully, the Premier League are not 'tinkling themselves laughing', they already did that for the last two seasons when one of the best squads we've had in 20 years twice failed to play for the second half of seasons and thus failed to get in the CL which it's sum talent should've achieved easily. I won't explain the common denominator. If you want to blame Daniel Levy for everything, so be it. The bottom line is that the previous manager would not commit to a long-term contract as he was too busy hitching his skirt up for the England job. We don't have oligarch money. SO why give him 30 million to spend on players the incoming manager might not like (remember, Harry was going to ENGLAND so far as he was concerned)?

The ONE thing I will blame Levy for is Moutinho. That's all.

How would I describe us? A club trying to deal with replacing it's heartbeat whilst constantly shuffling injuries and in need of two or three quality signings but one which is doing OK in context. Not your view I'm sure. Harry played his situation, and indeed half the fan-base it appears, like a cheap flute. I have to hand it to him, he is a master of public manipulation...

Thank you ..

I don't know why some people won't accept that the Levy/Harry working relationship was a crash waiting to happen and putting it all on Levy is just not fair . Harry has had many past fall outs with previous chairmen as has Levy with managers .

Ops... yeah sorry wrong thread ..

Come on Villa smash the Goons ...

Been playing quite well have the Vile youngans , just hope they can keep it going.

Oh, that would have been beautiful.

Back