• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Xavi Hernandez and his minions disagree

Spain did win Euro2012 but they had to go through qualifying process like other teams. They didn't get the free ticket as defending champions.

just reading a BBC article on last nights Chelsea game and it went something along the lines of "RDM was unable to inspire his Chelsea side in the same way he did last season" I'm sorry, but had it not been for masses amount of luck they would have been on the wrong end of humilating score lines last season to Barca and Munich, even Napoli had more than enough chances to put the game to bed at Stamford Bridge as well. They were owned in a far more comprehensive way by Barca and Munich than Juve did last night.

Shakhtar striker accused of disrespect

Luiz Adriano has been criticised following his controversial goal in Shakhtar Donetsk's 5-2 win over FC Nordsjaelland on Tuesday.

Shakhtar maintained top spot in Group E of the Champions League with their convincing win in Denmark, but the result was marred by Adriano's equalising goal in the first half.

The hosts took a shock lead in the 24th minute through Morten Nordstrand, who received an injury in the middle of the park two minutes later.

After Nordstrand was treated, Shakhtar midfielder Willian kicked the ball back to Nordsjaelland goalkeeper Jesper Hansen, only for Adriano to latch onto the end of the pass and score his first of the match. Nordsjaelland's defenders made way for the back pass, leaving Adriano with open space to score and he received some stern words from the Danish side for his actions.

"Their striker didn't get it," Nordsjaelland captain Nicolai Stokholm said. "I looked down at my armband and there's something about respect - it has to be said we didn't see much of that.

"We thought that they would give us a goal. Half their team seemed to think so too, but the other half didn't."

Shakhtar appeared to let the home side through for an equaliser shortly after the goal, however, Taras Stepanenko had a different idea and cleaned up the scraps.

It didn't take long for Nordsjaelland to get back on level terms when Kasper Lorentzen struck from close range, which Shakhtar coach Mirca Lucescu claims was an attempt to make ammends.

"I'm very sorry that we scored a goal that caused so much controversy," Lucescu said. "Luiz Adriano told me that his instinct made him score the goal.

"Afterwards, we let our opponents back into the match, but Stepanenko did not understand our instructions. Fortunately, it was quickly settled.

"We deserved to win as we were the better team. Again, I apologise for what happened in [the build-up to] Adriano's goal.

"We are very proud of this victory and it should have been 10-2! I apologised, what else do you want me to do?"

---------------------

Very funny. I remember Kanu once scored for Arsenal like that against Sheffield United in a FA Cup tie. But credit to Arsenal for calling for the rematch, albeit at their place.

[video=youtube;b0-xGP4IHhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b0-xGP4IHhA[/video]

Note #26's name (white jersey)

Last edited:

Isn't Luiz Adriano the one that ripped us apart at The Lane or have I mixed him up with someone else, Fernandinho maybe?

Nine minutes gone and Malaga lead Zenit 2-0. That's them through to the next round.

Zenit will probably beat Anderlecht and parachute into the Europa League.

Looks like it could be Chelsea, BATE Borisov, Benfica/Celtic, Cluj, Dynamo Kiev, Olympiakos (or Arsenal [-o<), Zenit and Ajax (not City [-o<) that drop down,

Pellegrini is surprisingly never really touted about when mangers get the sack. If AVB ever gets the sack i'd like us to be in for him.

Malaga have made me a fair bit of cash in the champions league, i've had a punt on them in pretty much every game. Had great odds all they way through.

Zenit will probably beat Anderlecht and parachute into the Europa League.

Looks like it could be Chelsea, BATE Borisov, Benfica/Celtic, Cluj, Dynamo Kiev, Olympiakos (or Arsenal [-o<), Zenit and Ajax (not City [-o<) that drop down,

would love a game against ajax then benfica then an arsenal semi or final.

Very funny. I remember Kanu once scored for Arsenal like that against Sheffield United in a FA Cup tie. But credit to Arsenal for calling for the rematch, albeit at their place.

LOL, I remember a mate winning a lot of money on that result :D

Chelsea:

Beat off Madrid and Barca for the La Liga. Won the Champions League and got into another final 2 years later. Got Liverpool ranked the best team in Europe over a sustained period of time. Signed the likes of Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Agger and Skrtel. Challenged for the title on more than one occasion. A little FA Cup win too. Welcome to the club, Rafael Benitez! Can't wait.

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews

Shakhtar Donetsk striker Luiz Adriano charged with unsporting conduct by UEFA following goal in last night's game against Nordsjaelland

That charge is gonads. It looked like he wasn't aware of what was happening. And also, it isn't a set rule that you must give back the ball.

Back