• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

jeez. that was dire. going to have a quick toss to cheer myself up.

go to 4-4-2 Dembele next to sandro. Bale left. Lennon right. Ade up front with sig/defoe. i don't know. whoever. wtf do i know?

you cant lose players out of your midfield like Modders & Rafa and then expect to be the same quality of team. Its impossible.

We knew all summer we were going to lose Modric. And then lost VDV because AVB we have 'exceptional cover' in this position. He must purely mean Dembele and Dempsey cos there is nothing exceptional on the pitch right now.

If the game is all about playing meaningless square balls endlessly in midfield, then AVB has got us playing title winning football. Even if we were two goals up, I'd find this dire. Now I can recall just how crap the football was at Chelsea under this guy.

Well, i think we're playing with ten players today. Livermore is a passenger.

Defoe on his own not possible. Why is Adebayor not starting??

Siggy already looks out of confidence! Lennon doesnt do enough but thats been like that for years.

Gallas always on the strecht and vertonghen not settled yet.

Assou ekotto looks like he doesnt care and walker is struggling.

Sandro and Bale doing a bit better than the other.

Mate, I agree. I'm sad that he left and don't think Dembele is best in that position. More importantly, as much as I rate both him and Dempsey, I don't think either of them are capable of those bits of magic that VDV regularly came up with in tight matches, and which we still need until we develop a set style of play (and even after). For all his strengths, I think Defoe is terrible in this system. And this has been a very poor half. But we still have a few players to come in and I really really hope they make a difference!

Adebayor and one of Dembele/Huddlestone has to come on at ht imo.

Were those boos?

Sadly I agree, and I say that as a big big fan of Dembele (really would starting him (if he is fit) have been bad considering that crap?..

On boos yes. My mate has been texting me (season ticket holder) said was worse football he can remember, and more worrying is bad atmos, no positivity at all.

Half Time...

We're hitting a brick wall when we get into the final quarter, why?

FOr me it's purely that the central partnership is not working. Sandro look superb next to a smart playmaker like Modric, Livermore looks a great prospect next to a smart playmaker like Modric.

Bale and Azza have fantastic attributes but both look too one footed in this formation and are having to create the play rather than it happening from the centre.

I know Verts has had his critics in this very thread but I think he and Gallas have done very well.

Why has BAE been more involved than Walker? I've said it before, Walker and Azza do not work IMO (regretabally).

JD's is itching for goals, you can see it! but he needs the right formation to get them (don't think Ade would have done much better tbh).

Siggy has so much potential but we've put too much responsibility on his shoulder IMO. He has to replace Modric and be the supporting forward - not going to happen.

Very frustrating but the fans have to get behind the team rather than booing. I know it's frustrating but Norwich did a job on us last season too.

Can't really win can he.. He has to bring Dembele on but if we improve, it shows up all the hard work and coaching from pre-season and the last couple weeks. It's not that it awlful, there's just not plan to create anything in the final third.

I really dont know what the club was thinking when they sold VdV- we already lost Kranjcar and Modric,now all our creativity is gone.We have fantastic wingers,but if the ball doesn't get to them they wont be able to do anything.

Siggurdson is trying to make something happen,but he is simply nowhere near the quality of VdV.

I've got a feeling I might be in a minority, but does everyone else feel fudging angry at the fans who just booed at half-time? 'Supporters' my arse. A poor performance, but how about trying to get behind the team instead? Football fans seem increasingly like spoiled, brattish, demanding little ****s.

We knew all summer we were going to lose Modric. And then lost VDV because AVB we have 'exceptional cover' in this position. He must purely mean Dembele and Dempsey cos there is nothing exceptional on the pitch right now.

Mate if your boss says your siging a contract with company x and you dont agree, you tow the fudging line. you dont come out and say 'nah, brick decision.'

We all knew we needed a Modric replacment and never got one. We dont have a playmaker. How the fudge did we think we were going to keep possession?

We need someone who can actually dictate a game and who has some vision and creativity. Right now we're lacking so much as a team its just painful to watch!

Half Time...

Why has BAE been more involved than Walker? I've said it before, Walker and Azza do not work IMO (regretabally).

Do you think it's a case of no one being able to combine well with Walker? or is it just these two?

The decision to start Defoe up front ALONE against such a physical team is just utter school boy, unbelievable.

Did this guy really go unbeaten all season and win the treble with Porto?

Can't really win can he.. He has to bring Dembele on but if we improve, it shows up all the hard work and coaching from pre-season and the last couple weeks. It's not that it awlful, there's just not plan to create anything in the final third.

Sorry that was awful. I accept AVB is not in a great position in that 24hr shoppng is never helpful. Worrying is if these players have been drilling his methods all pre-season it really is not showing yet.

A Modric replacement would not be Modric and wouldn't be playing now either. Tough one but we have to rebuild.

As I posted in the transfer tread last night, the key is/ will be if AVB can get the very inexperienced midfield ticking over. They need belief.

Starting Livermore was a brave move. Hudd as a replacement or Sig moving deeper would have been better in midfield, with 2 upfront.

If the game is all about playing meaningless square balls endlessly in midfield, then AVB has got us playing title winning football. Even if we were two goals up, I'd find this dire. Now I can recall just how crap the football was at Chelsea under this guy.

And so it begins....

Back