• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

The decision to start Defoe up front ALONE against such a physical team is just utter school boy, unbelievable.

Did this guy really go unbeaten all season and win the treble with Porto?

He did have Falcao at the time...
It's either Defoe or a not fully fit Adebayor,his options are very slim

Do you think it's a case of no one being able to combine well with Walker? or is it just these two?

Glen Johnson and Azza didn' work for England. Azza needs to play with a more orthodox defender IMO not a wing-back who steps on his toes.

As things now stand, Arsenal are the only Premier League club who's players have failed to score this season.

Mate if your boss says your siging a contract with company x and you dont agree, you tow the fudging line. you dont come out and say 'nah, brick decision.'

We all knew we needed a Modric replacment and never got one. We dont have a playmaker. How the fudge did we think we were going to keep possession?

You are right, don't misunderstand me in assuming I think managers speak the truth! Of course he is, I am just highlighting the contrast which is exposed as unrealistic right now. Some people have misunderstood the AVB 'system', it requires someone to control the tempo and possession game, not just about headless chickens burning themselves out with some high press. Is Dembele the man to control the midfield?

John MotsonHALF-TIME - Tottenham 0-0 Norwich

MOTD's John Motson at White Hart Lane: "No goals at half-time and the home support are not happy. It is only thanks to Brad Friedel they are still level."

Yes this is extremely poor, but feck me lads, get a bit of grip please.

Yes, I would've loved Moutinho, BUT Porto played it like cnuts and it was a no-go. How about we give Dembele a chance to prove himself before we declare he'll never be Modric?

No, we did not put all our efforts into signing Lloris instead of Moutinho. One of the worlds best GK's suddenly became available this summer. Our no. 1 is 41 years old. Our no. 2 is mistake prone. Our no. 3 is closing on 40 and a couple of years removed from a serious motorcycle accident. If we don't pounce now, we'd have a nailbiting summer next year looking for a starting GK.

VdV wanted to leave. Plain and simple. All done in good-faith, he asked, we granted. No hard feelings, he gets to be with his family, we got a wonderful two years and hopefully Gylfi and Dempsey can fill the void.

Livermore has been tinkle-pour, BUT, Dembele managed one whole training session with the team before the game, and also picked up a knock against Man Utd. so he was always going to be a doubt for this game. Hope he comes on at half time, but I won't judge him by his performance today.

The team is playing without confidence. They're playing a new system and obviously haven't picked it up 100% still. This was always to be expected. I mean, come on. Every time a new manager comes in, he has to put his stamp on a team and we simply HAVE to be patient and let the lads work it out. Once Adebayor gets match fit and Dembele, Dempsey and Lloris become acclimated to the squad, we can begin to see what we have on our hands.

COYS!

The decision to start Defoe up front ALONE against such a physical team is just utter school boy, unbelievable.

Did this guy really go unbeaten all season and win the treble with Porto?

Falcao and Hulk helped ;).........

Why do people assume Porto were the cnuts? They were protecting their value, like we did with Modric. There are many issues to consider as to why we did not get him.

Glen Johnson and Azza didn' work for England. Azza needs to play with a more orthodox defender IMO not a wing-back who steps on his toes.

Thats my point though, we've seen Azza work well with Corluka, but not with attacking full backs like Walker and Johnson but what about what works best with Walker. Surely if he's an attacking fb you need someone pienaar like to tuck in and let him overlap.... but then that goes against the front 3 with Wing Forwards doesnt it... aaaah I dunno lol

I know we havent performed well but I have to say our crowd are like Norwichs 12th man. We have really got behind Norwich today with our boos and jeers. We might as well sing songs about their players...

Why do people assume Porto were the cnuts? They were protecting their value, like we did with Modric. There are many issues to consider as to why we did not get him.

Because we set a maximum that we thought their player was worth and they wanted more. They wanted almost Modric money for someone who isn't nearly as good.

Don't think it would make much difference tbh.
Some of you think Dembele is Modric he's not. Just like Siggy is nothing like VDV.

Don't think it'll make much difference? He's not Modric I agree but he is full of running and skill. I think he will make a huge difference in this game as will Ade. It's too pedestrian

You are right, don't misunderstand me in assuming I think managers speak the truth! Of course he is, I am just highlighting the contrast which is exposed as unrealistic right now. Some people have misunderstood the AVB 'system', it requires someone to control the tempo and possession game, not just about headless chickens burning themselves out with some high press. Is Dembele the man to control the midfield?

I agree totally. Personally, I dont think Dembele is the man. I hope he is.

Back