• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

One of THE worst halfs of football I can recall. Yeah we have players to come back but if that is all we can expect from that team then GHod help us. Utterly clueless about what they are doing, and no leadership or drive.

you cant lose players out of your midfield like Modders & Rafa and then expect to be the same quality of team. Its impossible.

I know it's going to take time to implement AVB's ideas, but christ we look like we've never played together before. Depressing.

I accept he needs time. But people accused Harry of just throwing his teams out there without much coaching...looks rather silly doesn't it. Still cannot be worse second half

I know its early, but from what I've seen so far I'd rather 60 minutes of VdV over 90 minutes of Gylfi

someone to unlock a defence, to keep hold of the ball....pressure is on Dembele. If he doesnt live up to the hype we are fooked

Not disagreeing with you. My issue is not that he left, it is what we replaced him with. As good as Dembele is, I fear we will struggle to control games and will ack creativity when teams line up in front of us. But time will tell. Right now this half is total utter rubbish.

Mate, I agree. I'm sad that he left and don't think Dembele is best in that position. More importantly, as much as I rate both him and Dempsey, I don't think either of them are capable of those bits of magic that VDV regularly came up with in tight matches, and which we still need until we develop a set style of play (and even after). For all his strengths, I think Defoe is terrible in this system. And this has been a very poor half. But we still have a few players to come in and I really really hope they make a difference!

Adebayor and one of Dembele/Huddlestone has to come on at ht imo.

Were those boos?

We looked like england at the last world cup there, we need creativity on the field dembele + ade, love defoe but, it's not working on his own, shouldn't start on his own imo

also weve lost kings footballing ability out of CB. King, Modders & Rafa gone. Did anyone reeeaaallllly think there would be a different result?

Sandro. Yeah. This is the first time hes been given a pivatol role. We dont know if hes up to it. Hes never had to before.

What kind of fans do they let into the goddamn Lane these days? Sigh. Still, we've been generally pap this whole half. No one can hold the ball for more than a second or two before being brushed off it.

ESPECIALLY Defoe. Dembele and Ade on, start of the second half, and we might have a chance.

And, after the international break, Parker and Dempsey in for Azza and Sandro, see if that can spark a few ideas.

Defoe just lags 3 yards behind the last defender when we break down the flanks, so there's no chance of getting on the end of Bale/Lennon's crosses... and he's completely static when we play through the middle.

So frustrating.

Back