• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Source Code upon recommendation of a student.

I enjoyed it, bit of a mind **** and I think if you properly thought about about the concept in depth you could probably pick it apart in terms of logic but I thought the way it was put together as a film was really good.

Thought the ending was a bit picturesque and serene though, and also could it really work out? If he continues life in that alternate reality he's going to have to be a history teacher and also won't know anything about the guys life..

Just realised I'm Didier under my username, happy days.

[video=youtube;gTB-LuexRss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTB-LuexRss[/video]

\o/

Last edited:
Watched All IS Lost last night, really good film and a great performance from Redford. Captain Philips tonight I think.

Watched Source Code upon recommendation of a student.

I enjoyed it, bit of a mind **** and I think if you properly thought about about the concept in depth you could probably pick it apart in terms of logic but I thought the way it was put together as a film was really good.

Thought the ending was a bit picturesque and serene though, and also could it really work out? If he continues life in that alternate reality he's going to have to be a history teacher and also won't know anything about the guys life..

i really liked Source Code, haven't seen it in ages though so wouldn't have much hope of holding up a conversation about it.

watched Capoute last night, top movie that - i gave up reading In Cold Blood a couple of years a go so was good to find out what happened with the murder.

Watched a martial arts film called Ip Man last night, really good movie about a martial arts grandmaster who was also Bruce Lee's teacher. Turned out to be one of those films that requires a bit of a google after finishing!

So had a productive googlesesh last night, which began with Ip Man and then spiralled down to the legend that is Chuck Norris:

Ip Man - Check out some bio, images and videos. Apparently the movie is very loosely based on his life
The classic who'd win in a fight query, Ip Man v Bruce Lee - Mixed bag, but more people favouring Ip Man.
Was Bruce Lee overrated? - General consensus was pretty much that he was extremely talented and was lauded for introducing a revolutionary style of Jeet Kune Do but he never really fought in a competitive environment so it's difficult to get a definitive answer on just how good he was as a fighter.
Lee v Ali - After reading that Lee apparently wanted to test himself v Ali.
Was Chuck Norris actually any good - Apparently he was.
Chuck v Lee - Difficult to wade through all the fan-boy rubbish from both sides, but to my surprise, from the threads i read at least, most favoured Chuck as he was the more tested fighter (plus the fact that he was middleweight). Although Chuck himself admitted that Lee would win.

Ip Man 2 on tonight, not as good according to imdb, but has a decent score nonetheless.

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen The Birdcage? Comedy with Robin Williams playing a gay man. I saw it scrolling through Netflix and might give it a go this weekend

Saw the new Robocop last night. Was a good film. Nothing spectacular but not rubbish either. They took it in a slightly different direction but with the basic premise of him, his family and a corrupt OCP. Has some of the classic one liners of course but it missed a lot of the things that made the original film unique. Was ok.

Right, has anyone got Lovefilm? I've had a look at the prices:

Lovefilm by post = £7.99 p/m

Lovefilm instant = £5.99 p/m

Combined package = £9.99 p/m

Now I already have Netflix and I'm not sure how good Lovefilm's streaming library is, but it's only an extra £2 per month so is it worth paying for? How quickly do Lovefilm add films to their collection? I.e. Captain Phillips comes out on Blu ray and DVD tomorrow so will Lovefilm have a title like that available from tomorrow?

Now I already have Netflix and I'm not sure how good Lovefilm's streaming library is, but it's only an extra £2 per month so is it worth paying for? How quickly do Lovefilm add films to their collection? I.e. Captain Phillips comes out on Blu ray and DVD tomorrow so will Lovefilm have a title like that available from tomorrow?

Love film streaming service is miles behind. The DVD postal service is more up to date but it all depends on titles as some like filth on the postal service day it was released. But some come on few weeks later.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, loved this, a really nice feel good film like Forrest Gump or Big Fish

Very good

Saw the new Robocop last night. Was a good film. Nothing spectacular but not rubbish either. They took it in a slightly different direction but with the basic premise of him, his family and a corrupt OCP. Has some of the classic one liners of course but it missed a lot of the things that made the original film unique. Was ok.

I suppose all that really matters is - does a guy get drowned in acid then splattered everywhere after getting hit by a car?

i have had both and cancelled my Lovefilm account as I found Netflix much better. Have it hacked so I can watch the US version on my PS3 and UK on my smart TV.

There is something poetically humorous about the fact that SLJ calls Paul Verhoeven, Peter. ;)

Last edited:
Back