• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I like Eisenberg He's already played a crazed, megalomaniac super villain who wants to take over the world, and did a good job.

I watched Warrior recently.

Was a bit teary eyed in the last scene haha but was actually fairly good. Reminded me of other movies though with the whole 'against all odds' type theme.

I watched Warrior recently.

Was a bit teary eyed in the last scene haha but was actually fairly good. Reminded me of other movies though with the whole 'against all odds' type theme.

Watched Warrior last night - I was more than a bit teary eyed, haha! Thought it was a superb film, save for the nagging annoyance of...

...how unrealistically easily Tommy destroyed everyone in the first 3 rounds, and then how that unrealistic superiority disappeared against his brother.

Does anyone else find something strangely crap about Nick Nolte's acting in general? I saw he got nominated for an Oscar for this, and I can see why, but there's just something about the way he acts that seems comically awful to me! See Hotel Rwanda for the perfect example...

Last edited:
Youre a big gay bear Eltrev haha - I know what you mean about the ending... its always the case though in those 'against all odds' movies.

I just watched Dallas Buyers Club and whilst its an ok movie I thought Matthew McConnaugheys performance was simply outstanding and really has become one of the best definitely. He was unrecognisable and you dont even think of MM while watching the movie and that is testament to him.

I think with the recent passing of PSH, I will look to watch a lot of his classics over the coming days. I will be watching:

The Big Lebowski
Capote
The Talented Mr Ripley
Magnolia
Almost Famous
Doubt
The Master

Those are just films of him that I have seen and have REALLY enjoyed. A true master of his trade. Anyone got any recommendation of films he has been in that were also brilliant that isn't on that list?

I think with the recent passing of PSH, I will look to watch a lot of his classics over the coming days. I will be watching:

The Big Lebowski
Capote
The Talented Mr Ripley
Magnolia
Almost Famous
Doubt
The Master

Those are just films of him that I have seen and have REALLY enjoyed. A true master of his trade. Anyone got any recommendation of films he has been in that were also brilliant that isn't on that list?

Charlie Wilson's war
Boogie Nights
Hard Eight

He isn't the main lead in any of those but they are good films and he is good in them.

Watched Appaloosa last night.

2008 Western directed by Ed Harris. It's a pretty standard western-genre meandering type film but I really enjoyed it. Great cast/acting.

The Big Lebowski
Capote
The Talented Mr Ripley
Magnolia
Almost Famous
Doubt
The Master

25th Hour mate - one of my favourite films, in part because of PSH.

The Big Lebowski
Capote
The Talented Mr Ripley
Magnolia
Almost Famous
Doubt
The Master

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Added bonus of Marisa Tomei in all her glory.

Youre a big gay bear Eltrev haha - I know what you mean about the ending... its always the case though in those 'against all odds' movies.

I just watched Dallas Buyers Club and whilst its an ok movie I thought Matthew McConnaugheys performance was simply outstanding and really has become one of the best definitely. He was unrecognisable and you dont even think of MM while watching the movie and that is testament to him.

Have you seen Mud and Killer Joe?
He's meant to be great in both of them.

Have you seen Mud and Killer Joe?
He's meant to be great in both of them.

The Lincoln Lawyer was very good as well. Has there ever been such a quick improvement in an actor before? Not long ago, he was in Rom-Coms crap playing the same smooth, shirtless, southern hunk over and over again.

Perhaps Tom Hanks when he won Oscars for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump. Most people just thought him as this wacky comedy type actor from The Burbs, and Big.

Back