• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

FInally got around to watching Oblivion.

I just dont know what to say really. I feel I could drive a bus through some of the holes in the plotlines. Promised so much early on and that fell apart for me

Anyone seen the movie Her? I'm looking forward to seeing it, seems very Eternal Sunshine in it's tone, even if one character is a computer rather than another human.

Just watching the remake of Old Boy...

Watched Enders Game this afternoon, really enjoyed it, sci-fi, good effects too

Just watching the remake of Old Boy...

Watched Enders Game this afternoon, really enjoyed it, sci-fi, good effects too

I wasn't a huge fan of Enders Game. I felt that the promotions were too rushed, that some if the characters were weak and really didn't buy in to the main character becoming as powerful as he does. That power was as believable as Anakin, in Phantom Menace, being the child version of Darth Vader! Just didn't work for me.

My rating would be more in depth were it not for it being a long time since I saw the film.

re watched the Alien box-set recently - cracking set of movies, 3 and Resurrection obviously leave a little to be desired but the first two are just brilliant aren't they? Alien itself quite possibly my favorite movie.

re watched the Alien box-set recently - cracking set of movies, 3 and Resurrection obviously leave a little to be desired but the first two are just brilliant aren't they? Alien itself quite possibly my favorite movie.

Still ashamed to say I've never watched any Alien movie in full. Must do it one day, and may as well do it proper on a Blu-Ray with a kick **** surround sound.

Anyone else have any pop culture confessions. Movies they should have seen but for no reason whatsoever, haven't?

I've only ever been to one PictureHouse before, at Stratford-upon-Avon, I was very impressed, a really throwback in time with the old-style comfy seats

I much prefer to go to the PictureHouse than say the Vue. It doesn't cost me any extra as my student ID doesn't have any expiry date on. SO as long as I look young (which I do) I will continue to get discount!

It is worth going there to avoid the Kevin Bacon EE advert before every film, too

Aliens is my favourite of the lot. One of those I can watch over and over again.

Got round to seeing some movies I'd wanted to see on the plane over to the UK:~
Man of Steel - utter turd
Wolverine - turned off half way through, turd
Elysium - started promisingly, turned to turd
Thor: Dark World - turd

Ended up watching The Breakfast Club and Burn After Reading. Far more entertaining!

Got round to seeing some movies I'd wanted to see on the plane over to the UK:~
Man of Steel - utter turd
Wolverine - turned off half way through, turd
Elysium - started promisingly, turned to turd
Thor: Dark World - turd

Ended up watching The Breakfast Club and Burn After Reading. Far more entertaining!

Breakfast clu is one of my all time faves. Love that movie.

Back