• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Pretty much yeah, top 10 films that aren't too obvious. Some real good choices there that I haven't even heard of!

Thanks for that website too.

Last edited:
Red Rock West with Nic Cage - saw this over Christmas and is a great little movie (imo) give that a go as well

Some slightly less well known movies that I think are worth a look...

The Motorcycle Diaries
Downfall
Ip Man
The Kite Runner
Zatoichi
La Haine
Elite Squad: The Enemy Within
Dark City
Rushmore
Bubba Ho-Tep

Memento
Boogie Nights
Mean Girls - don't be put off that it's a chick flick. It's very funny.
Chopper
Donnie Brasco
21 Jump Street - don't lump it with other adaptations of TV shows, this ones a good one. As is ...
Get Smart

Some slightly less well known movies that I think are worth a look...

The Motorcycle Diaries
Downfall
Ip Man
The Kite Runner
Zatoichi
La Haine
Elite Squad: The Enemy Within
Dark City
Rushmore
Bubba Ho-Tep

Definitely these two. Not sure I've seen the others.

Boondock Saints
Enemy At The Gates
Bridge To Terabithia
Cube
Boiler Room
Predator
Baseketball
The Butterfly Effect
The Time Traveller's Wife
This Is Spinal Tap
Primer

Anything starring Kurt Russell

For Mumorn;

Narc
Bowling For Columbine
Keeping The Faith
Battle Royale
Dog Soldiers
Bound
Panic In Needle Park
Dog Day Afternoon
Way Of The Gun
The Descent
Wag The Dog
Tigerland
Chopper
Bully
Grizzly Man
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Mystic River
Brick
Gone Baby Gone
The Pledge
DogTown and Z-Boys
Menace II Society
Copland
Swingers
Crimson Tide

I'll bring some suggestions to the party tomorrow. My head is too tired for thinking right now,

For starters:

Garden State
Igby goes Down
Sideways
Audition
Miller's Crossing
Harvey
Shaolin Soccer
The Game
Crash
Double Indemnity

That's just a starter, my head is raddled, those are the ideas that have sifted through, will post more tomorrow.

Let me know if you like older films from the 1940s-1950s as there are a lot that I could name that are worth watching.

Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night. Was surprised at how funny it was really but also quite annoyed that Di Caprio's character was portrayed as some sort of latter day saint in a lot of scenes

Going to see Llwelyn Davis this weekend, looking forward to that

I'll bring some suggestions to the party tomorrow. My head is too tired for thinking right now,

For starters:

Garden State
Igby goes Down
Sideways
Audition
Miller's Crossing
Harvey
Shaolin Soccer
The Game
Crash
Double Indemnity

That's just a starter, my head is raddled, those are the ideas that have sifted through, will post more tomorrow.

Let me know if you like older films from the 1940s-1950s as there are a lot that I could name that are worth watching.

Igby Goes Down is a nice film. I don't think I ever would have remembered it if you hadn't mentioned it here.

Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night. Was surprised at how funny it was really but also quite annoyed that Di Caprio's character was portrayed as some sort of latter day saint in a lot of scenes

Going to see Llwelyn Davis this weekend, looking forward to that

Just watched ILD. Thought it was brilliant, best film I've seen for a long time.

I don't really want to be crawling through 217 pages so I will just write here. Can you lot list me some films that are great, but none of the obvious ones like Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Shawshank etc.

Underrated ones like The Prestige which won't be top of everyone in the worlds list etc. I just want to get a list together and watch some films that I may or may have not seen before. So don't go listing The Prestige either, it's one of the best films ever made and I've seen it numerous times :p

So perhaps a top 10 list from you guys.

25th Hour

The Road
A History Of Violence
Special Forces (French)
Das Boot
Fear and loathing in las vegas
Videodrome

Hunger Games - catching fire

****ing atrocious. I loved the first. This one is shockingly bad. urgh urgh urgh ****ing urgh urgh urgh urgh

Back