• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

you'll probably like it - i seem to be in the minority

Well on here you seem to be in the majority... Im about to watch it

I read an article in the Evening Standard (I think on Thursday) about how the ****in bankers have hired out cinemas and had these fancy dress days in acknowledgment of the movie etc - thats taking it too far

Watched Wolf of Wall Street - I enjoyed it although I thought three hours was a tad too long.

I enjoyed it, his wife in the movie was gorgeous and im sure she was in Neighbours as they tend to all be - didnt realise who she was.

Inside Lleywn Davis

Wow.

Beautiful to look at, beautiful to listen to, stunning lead performance from Oscar Isaac. Surprisingly dark, but that tone perfectly suits the story/character.

I see the film's only major Oscar nom is for cinematography, which is well deserved because the movie is worth seeing for that alone. But IMO Oscar Isaac has been robbed of a nom and I can't believe this isn't one of the 9 best America movies of the year, so I think they were robbed of a Best Film nom too.

After Fargo - which I think is in a league of its own - I think this might be my second favourite Coen Brothers best movie along with Raising Arizona and NCFOM.

I'm quite jealous of the fact that you have seen it considering it isn't even out over here yet. Do you live abroad by any chance? I'm really hoping it's as good as the reviews say it is.

Just read they are rebooting The Naked Gun, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know, read that ages ago but I'm so fed up with the remakes that it didn't make news for me. They have the guy who plays Stu in Hangover, and appears in the Office, playing Frank.

They discussed having a sequel to Its a Wonderful Life! WTF! Surely that is a perfect movie, with a perfect ending!

Anyone seen Gravity?

I have like 10 movies i wanna watch but trying to pick the best one for now.

me being a space guy i quite enjoyed it and it was better than expected, a few naggy technical details were bugging me but overall it was it was a great watch

Just read they are rebooting The Naked Gun, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This.

Please dont. Leslie Nielsen could never be bettered in that role.

I must admit I was sceptical when I heard they were making Police Squad into a movie, but I am so glad they did

So the Superman vs. Batman film has just been delayed 10 months, never a good sign. It did sound like it was turning into a bit of a cluster**** with them announcing the likes of Wonder Woman and rumours it was more of a Justice League film.

I've realised that I can't stand the sight of Di Caprio. Seems so smug, like one if those people who would try and take your woman and then laugh in your face.

I've realised that I can't stand the sight of Di Caprio. Seems so smug, like one if those people who would try and take your woman and then laugh in your face.

I think he's one of the best actors around today and he really should have won an oscar by now. But I see what you mean. The problem is he seldom does interviews so it's hard to judge his real life personality as we so rarely see it.

i think he's over rated as an actor - hasn't really had any testing roles, from what i can remember and there aren't many of his performances where i couldn't imagine another actor in the same role (which i find to be an indicator of how good a performance is)

well i say over rated, i just think he's been playing it safe for most of his career. his best performances coming when he was younger (Gilbert Grape/Basketball Diaries for example)

i think he's over rated as an actor - hasn't really had any testing roles, from what i can remember and there aren't many of his performances where i couldn't imagine another actor in the same role (which i find to be an indicator of how good a performance is)

well i say over rated, i just think he's been playing it safe for most of his career. his best performances coming when he was younger (Gilbert Grape/Basketball Diaries for example)

I don't think his roles are similar at all really. I like the variety of well done accents he has in films. He is a superb actor in my view. I do think he's overrated to the fact that I know alot of people who like him and think he is one of the best in the world by default because they like the films he has been in.

I do think he's great though and I'd have him in my top 5.

i think the fact he's been in a lot of 'great' movies is what makes people rate him so highly - more so than his actual performances in them. chooses his roles very well and i do think he's a good actor, just hasn't shown enough to prove he's the best

12 years a slave - just watched.

I 'enjoyed' it but I guess because recently ive seen a fair few of 'slavery' type movies etc such as Amistad, you end up knowing what its all about and what is expected etc. Its great acting and tough to take in some cases.

I like Di Caprio because he does a range of emotions and characters well. He is a bit of a blank canvas actor like Brass Pitt I think. I prefer performances from Daniel Day Lewis or Pacino, enjoy them more, but think they are less adaptable.

Back