• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I just asked Amy as we lay here together in our hotel room, and she definitely said to be polite she would let you both think you (ahem) 'stood a chance'…she's a very polite lady in that regard...

You have named your right hand Amy?

just tried to watch Wolf of Wall Street - what a pile of ****e

Yup. It's sad to see Scorcese get so cheap with his choice of stories…it's so boring and crass. Sad to see him like that…funny to see Di Caprio try to paint it as a 'cautionary' tale. Yes mate. I'm sure that's what it was made as, a public service...

Yup. It's sad to see Scorcese get so cheap with his choice of stories…it's so boring and crass. Sad to see him like that…funny to see Di Caprio try to paint it as a 'cautionary' tale. Yes mate. I'm sure that's what it was made as, a public service...

Ohhh shame, I had heard very good reviews of it. Will still give it a watch but with lower expectations.

Inside Lleywn Davis

Wow.

Beautiful to look at, beautiful to listen to, stunning lead performance from Oscar Isaac. Surprisingly dark, but that tone perfectly suits the story/character.

I see the film's only major Oscar nom is for cinematography, which is well deserved because the movie is worth seeing for that alone. But IMO Oscar Isaac has been robbed of a nom and I can't believe this isn't one of the 9 best America movies of the year, so I think they were robbed of a Best Film nom too.

After Fargo - which I think is in a league of its own - I think this might be my second favourite Coen Brothers best movie along with Raising Arizona and NCFOM.

Captain Phillips - Tom Hanks playing the captain of a cargo ship which is besieged by Somali pirates. thought this was great 8/10

I was disappointed that Daniel Bruhl wasn't recognised, in the Oscar Nominations, for his performance as Lauda in Rush. I thought that he was excellent.

Which is the total opposite to the quality of the movie Scary Movie 5, now I knew that it wouldn't be great... but I didn't know it would be 'that' bad! I gave up after five minutes, during which time none of the attempted jokes had elicited a laugh from me.

Hope the new Cohen Brothers film is good. Not loved one of their movies since Burn After Reading. They seem to have lost a lot of their humour and quirkiness in their last few ones.

Hope the new Cohen Brothers film is good. Not loved one of their movies since Burn After Reading. They seem to have lost a lot of their humour and quirkiness in their last few ones.

Burn after Reading is on tonight coincidentally - I am going to record it as the cast seems good - is it any good?

Anyone waiting to see Llewyn Davis, here's something from the sound track to whet the whistle. The movie is full of this stuff and it's just fantastic. (No spoilers etc. Just audio)....

[video=youtube;SQyPVBtLXk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyPVBtLXk0[/video]

Another killer track here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxcO53WATYw

Back