• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Started watching Star Trek - Into Darkness, but lost track of what was going on. Will have to revisit later.

Started watching Star Trek - Into Darkness, but lost track of what was going on. Will have to revisit later.

Not nearly as enjoyable as JJ Abrams first ST movie imo. Nicely summed up in this spo0f trailer:

[video=youtube;6B22Uy7SBe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B22Uy7SBe4[/video]

Watched Fargo today, not the first time I've seen it but definitely enjoyed it more the 2nd time. I find a lot of the films by the Coens tend to get better with repeat viewings.

American Hustle is absolutely brilliant, just superb. '70s blockbuster-tastic…all performances are outstanding, script is excellent, and David O Russell is David WOW Russell…this is the film Paul Thomas Anderson has tried to make a film like this all his life.

American Hustle is absolutely brilliant, just superb. '70s blockbuster-tastic…all performances are outstanding, script is excellent, and David O Russell is David WOW Russell…this is the film Paul Thomas Anderson has tried to make a film like this all his life.

Bit of a prick but he's certainly a talented director that's for sure. Loved The Fighter, Silver Linings Playbook was a very good film and Three Kings is also an awesome film.

Really not a fan of PT Anderson, Magnolia was ok but the rest of his films are an acquired taste.

I was about to come in here and mention American Hustle, think it looks good. So is it good then yeah?

Bit of a prick but he's certainly a talented director that's for sure. Loved The Fighter, Silver Linings Playbook was a very good film and Three Kings is also an awesome film.

Really not a fan of PT Anderson, Magnolia was ok but the rest of his films are an acquired taste.

Agree on all of that. SLP was fantastic. And PTA has never ever hit it for me.

Blasphemy. Boogie Nights is as close to cinema perfection as you can get.

Sorry mate, I could name ten films right now, in less than a minute which blow it away…here goes (misspellings = speed typing!)

the shining
taxi driver
american hustle
the godfather
the french connection
pulp fiction
12 years a slave
a clockwork orange
full metal jacket
raging bull

That was 30 seconds and only because I stopped to pick my nose…the ONE PTA film I rate as great was '…And There Will be Blood'…just realized i have not even spoken of the cohen brothers genius in my 30 seconds above. 'Boogie Nights' was close but no cigar, a pale ****y imitation of Pulp Fiction IMO!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Not sure about Clockwork orange in that list. I thought it was a pile of ****. Few in there totally agree with Pulp fiction,The Shining some good films not seen 12 years a slave yet looks very good

Sorry mate, I could name ten films right now, in less than a minute which blow it away…here goes (misspellings = speed typing!)

the shining
taxi driver
american hustle
the godfather
the french connection
pulp fiction

12 years a slave
a clockwork orange
full metal jacket
raging bull

That was 30 seconds and only because I stopped to pick my nose…the ONE PTA film I rate as great was '…And There Will be Blood'…just realized i have not even spoken of the cohen brothers genius in my 30 seconds above. 'Boogie Nights' was close but no cigar, a pale ****y imitation of Pulp Fiction IMO!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I bolded the ones I agree with, haven't seen all of them tbf. Didn't like There Will Be Blood either, no dialogue for 15 minutes! I just find his films hard to watch as they're all long except for Punch Drunk Love and there's music throughout the entire film which to me is grating.

I wanna watch American Hustle

Also wanna watch Anchorman 2 - anyone seen it?

I watch Don Jon the other day - excellent movie because its so true to life (poor mans life though, less money, uglier women and less fitter haha)

The Family with Robert DeNiro - utter ****e and garbage

Runner Runner - more than ****e, its ****er than ****e.

I liked Don Jon, although it did seem to repeat a lot of the same story over and over.

I'm getting a Woody Allen box set for Christmas - 20 films. Looking forward to that.

Also went on a binge in HMV when doing some present shopping. Bought myself The Act Of Killing, Sightseers and Troll Hunter

Back