• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Way Way Back - suprisingly good and Rockwell was very good. I found it weird to have Carrell play the prick in the movie but actually did it well.

Watching Life of Pi again :D I don't know why but this film just took me out of the ****ty mood that I'd been in all day

I just finished watching Compliance - You gotta watch it. Not because its great but because its unbelievable (if it wasnt based on a true story id have switched it off half way through). Unbelievable how some could be so stupid but they can. It really is farcical how people can be so naive

Fairly decent copy of 12 Years a Slave is out..

kp30.png

Saw Gravity on friday night. To be honest it didn't impress me. I can appreciate the 3D elements and effects, panoramic shots of earth and the such, but the plot and dialogue (which are my favourite things in films) was lacking. Clearly a lot of money and time has been spent on the film, and the promotion it is receiving is down to trying to recoup some of that, but I saw In A World a few months back, which was made on a shoestring budget, and personally speaking, i though it was overall a better film

Saw Gravity on friday night. To be honest it didn't impress me. I can appreciate the 3D elements and effects, panoramic shots of earth and the such, but the plot and dialogue (which are my favourite things in films) was lacking. Clearly a lot of money and time has been spent on the film, and the promotion it is receiving is down to trying to recoup some of that, but I saw In A World a few months back, which was made on a shoestring budget, and personally speaking, i though it was overall a better film

Completely agree with you, I was very disappointed with the film

I saw The Graduate last night for the first time. Can't believe I have never seen it before. Very quirky, and can easliy see where films like Rushmore and Juno took inspiration from it. Going to start having one night a week to watch classic movies that I haven't seen. Think When Harry Met Sally will be next

12 Years A Slave is incredible…the story is just brutal, performances amazing, script wonderful and some of McQueen's shots stunning…it's one of the hardest films I've seen in years, and shakes any decent person to the core, yet there are moments of soaring dignity which I would not have predicted.

Thor, went with kids.. they as usual 10/10.. me.. getting a bit meh now. Hulk is where its at.. and Batman.. always Batman.

Thor, went with kids.. they as usual 10/10.. me.. getting a bit meh now. Hulk is where its at.. and Batman.. always Batman.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a Ruffalo Hulk movie is in the works, I hope so, Hulk is easily my favourite Marvel character.

My initial dislike to Batfleck is waning, I'm starting to think he may be able to pull it off, Kevin Smith has said he's seen Affleck in the new suit and its great / new / fans will love it etc etc, just hyping up his mate I know but it's still added a bit of hype.

Back