• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Gravity: visually impressive, well acted but somehow I didn't get caught up in the film. So only a 3.5 out of 5 for me.

Saw Philomena last night. Excellent film. Strange experience as I'm used to going to late showings at cinemas, but this one at 8.20 and was full of pensioners who kept heckling the nuns on the film. Quite surreal actually.

Definitely go and watch it though, Judi Dench is amazing

12 Years A Slave is incredible…the story is just brutal, performances amazing, script wonderful and some of McQueen's shots stunning…it's one of the hardest films I've seen in years, and shakes any decent person to the core, yet there are moments of soaring dignity which I would not have predicted.

Really can't wait to see this. January release is killing me

Saw Don Jon the other night,all about watching **** etc........when you get past the giggle factor on him opening his laptop every night it is thought provoking and it does make you think. The film takes off when julianne moore character appears and the angle she creates on watching ****.

Though its not a film to take your girlfriend/wife with perhaps,maybe some awkward questions being asked afterwards!!!

Last edited:
Really can't wait to see this. January release is killing me

Likewise. January 7th showing for this, well that's the Cineworld advance preview date.

I'm looking forward to their Secret Screening on November 25th. A film to be released a few weeks ahead of its official release date, I think. No idea what it is, hoping for Anchorman 2.

I would say that 12 Years…is one the most important, and powerful, pieces of cinema in two decades. Beautifully made too...

Likewise. January 7th showing for this, well that's the Cineworld advance preview date.

I'm looking forward to their Secret Screening on November 25th. A film to be released a few weeks ahead of its official release date, I think. No idea what it is, hoping for Anchorman 2.

The Hobbit :-# Out on the 13th Dec

The Hobbit :-# Out on the 13th Dec

Can't see it being The Hobbit. Ron Burgundy is kinda a big deal, but The Hobbit 2 will be way too big for the advanced screening. When I say that, I love Anchorman but The Hobbit's Box Office will smash that of Anchorman 2, I think.

Watched a movie called the Station Agent with the wife and friends last night, think it would be described as an art house movie but it was ok, not much happened. Marky would like it the was a midget in it.

I love the cinema and have been going for over 60 years and I think films have improved over the last few years, there are still the mindless big bang films but dinosaurs like Stallone and his clones are past it and screenplays are getting better. Hopefully I'll see Gravity this week even though going to the local Odean is not a pleasant experience. They seem more interested in selling food than seats and when I've been to see a newly released film there always seems to be issues with where people should be sitting. The magic has gone for me.

I think this year has been devoid of top films. Of the films that I've seen, I think that Philomena and Rush were the best. Otherwise, other than Star Trek, unless I'm forgetting any, I doubt that I'll want to watch any of the other films again.

Anybody ever seen The Room? Quite easily the worst film ever made, but so bad it is good, and has reached a cult level following. Watched it last weekend and thought it was incredible

Anybody ever seen The Room? Quite easily the worst film ever made, but so bad it is good, and has reached a cult level following. Watched it last weekend and thought it was incredible

It's utterly fantastic!

[video=youtube;LoYa7Mx5EbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoYa7Mx5EbE[/video]

I will be checking it out soon…

BTW, second GREAT film to come out in the last few weeks (along with 12 Years…)…Dallas Buyers Club. Utterly superb.

Back