• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Space balls is a little silly. It's no Naked Gun. That and Airplane/Flying High are classics in that genre of stupid comedy.

Watched 'World War Z' yesterday and I must say, I loved it!

After reading how it was meant to originally end I can understand why they changed it and it is a better film for it.

Started watching the wire I'm on episode 5 please tell me it improves there's a lot of hype around it

Watched One Chance on Sat night while were down in Enfield for the game

Radio ad hailed it the best British comedy in years. They must have only seen 2. Not really laugh out load funny. Good story if it really is that close to the truth without being doctored for the big screen.

5/10

My choice next time....

He won't win an Oscar, no chance. I thought Daniel Bruhl was better for his portrayal of Lauda although, I appreciate that Bruhl would be contender for Best Supporting Actor rather than Best Actor.

Captain Phillips was good but it didn't do it for me.

He won't win an Oscar, no chance. I thought Daniel Bruhl was better for his portrayal of Lauda although, I appreciate that Bruhl would be contender for Best Supporting Actor rather than Best Actor.

Captain Phillips was good but it didn't do it for me.

Great performance. Good casting

21 Jump Street - Hilarious... if you want a few cheap laughs and an enjoybale cops go undercover at highschool movie this is worth a punt

the best men... the british "hangover" as it where.... just didnt work and wasnt that funny although it had the potential

21 Jump Street - Hilarious... if you want a few cheap laughs and an enjoybale cops go undercover at highschool movie this is worth a punt

the best men... the british "hangover" as it where.... just didnt work and wasnt that funny although it had the potential

Watched this by chance a while back and it's terrible. Like you say they just copied the Hangover format.. ALSO that one guy in that film (from ''My Family'') must be about 40 something by now... weird casting

EDIT: Had to google.. Its called A few best men and Kris Marshall is 40.. not as old as I thought but still getting on a bit for a teen comedy

Last edited:
Watched Philomena tonight. Dame Judi Dench is excellent. The film is good, slow paced, but moving in the emotional sense.

Booked for Gravity in 3D for Sat night. £27.60 for 2 tickets, it aint cheap at the flicks anymore is it>

I was lucky. Was away in Portugal at the weekend and they had Gravity on a week earlier than the UK. 2 tickets, popcorn and a large drink for 16 euros! :) great movie and i recommend to all. Its not stop stress for the characters and it takes you along with it.

Back