• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Finally watched "Gangs of New York" last night.

Found the Begorrah accents that di Caprio and Diaz put on highly off putting.

That aside, it was OK, though not terribly accurate!

Last edited:
Let me know it you see the latter, it's not in the Cineworld here sadly. I always go Cineworld as have their £15 monthly card.

Then again, the cinema does only have 5 screens. :(

As for We're the Millers, it's good fun.

Saw In A World. Very good, not laugh a minute, almost as if the jokes were hidden between lines (if that makes sense) but well worth watching. Very quirky and Demetri Martin is brilliant

I watched The Departed again last night. Love that movie but I dunno, the more I watch it the more I think Nicholson was the wrong guy to play Costello. He just seemed like a caricature even though I get that he was supposed to be losing his grip on reality.

Read on IMDB that De Niro was originally supposed to play Martin Sheen's role. That would have been awesome.

Love Nicholson in that movie. He is caricature but I don't think that film demands gritty realism. He looks like he's having so much fun and is maybe the best actor in the world at delivering one liners. Perfect fit for Scorcese's flash in my opinion.

The Hunt, Danish.

Mads Mikkelsen plas a lonely teacher whose life crumbles apart when he is accused of some unsavoury actions by one of his kindergarten pupils(who also happens to be his best mates daughter) a well written and superbly acted drama - 8/10

Watched the Departed last night. A bit meh and dragged on a bit but did like Jack Nicholson - really enjoy his one liners

Not Suitable for Children - a Independant film about a guy who gets testicular cancer and is desperate for a baby before the operation!

It is ok, but i think that was more becuase it was dubbed as a Comedy! it isnt... but It kept me watching and interested till the end

Not Suitable for Children - a Independant film about a guy who gets testicular cancer and is desperate for a baby before the operation!

It is ok, but i think that was more becuase it was dubbed as a Comedy! it isnt... but It kept me watching and interested till the end

I saw that recently - australian movie. It was a bit ****e but fancied the girl in it.

Watched the Danish film Kapringen (A Highjacking) recently.

a_hijacking.jpg

Stars Johan Philip Asbæk out of Borgen, tells the story of a Danish cargo ship highjacked by Somalian pirates. The CEO of the cargo company attempts to negotiate the release of the crew.

I would highly recommend it, very hard hitting and realistic.

8/10

Last edited:
The Hijacking was a good watch last night - thought they could have expanded on the relationship between the hostages and the pirates a bit more, seemed too focused on the board room goings on - but that's a minor complaint.

Back