• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Yup. I thought it was an incredible movie, showed a great in sight in to the sport, with the tactics and the meetings between drivers shown publicly. Naturally, I enjoyed the action but Senna's death was tragic, the slow build up, the awareness that it was about to happen and then, the slight stun and sadness to see the moment at which a top sportsman and individual lost their live. :(

Amazing what films can do really. I hadn't a care in the world about F1.

I watched Senna, and I watch F1 :lol:

Yup. I thought it was an incredible movie, showed a great in sight in to the sport, with the tactics and the meetings between drivers shown publicly. Naturally, I enjoyed the action but Senna's death was tragic, the slow build up, the awareness that it was about to happen and then, the slight stun and sadness to see the moment at which a top sportsman and individual lost their live. :(

It was even sadder seeing how devastated the people in Brazil were at his death. His was as popular over there as some of their greatest footballers.

:lol:

Definitely. I studied for my Law Degree on the back of a Law film. I have done nothing with the degree... yet... but I love that the direction of my life was kick started by a film!!*

* I think it's important to say here that it wasn't just the film but I enjoy the subject, arguing a point, almost like solving a cryptic puzzle, managing the clues to find the appropriate answer.

Didn't make it all the way through We Are the Miller's. Wasn't that bad, its just boring watching these films over and over again. Whatever happened to making films where you don't know what's going to happen? Everything an adventure now, so many films follow that template.

I wathed We're the Millers on Wednesday.

Some funny moments, and Jennifer Aniston strip teasing was hot but I agree with Mosquito these films are a bit tedious now. Its great to watch because its mindless but in general it dragged a bit and wasnt as funny as I was expecting. It was good though.

All the comedies are adventures now, right? They all have obligatory shoot outs, car chases and fight scenes. Someone mentioned As Good As It Gets in the Nicholson thread. Now that was just a comedy about life, it didn't rely on all these gimmicks.

I thought the Robocop trailer looked better than I thought it was going to.

I was expecting an insult to the memory of the original, and it looks like they are at least bearing it in mind.

saw the trailer earlier, it made me angry, why bother remaking it, reboots are fine if you bring something new to the piece but remakes are just lazy

its actually an arrogance, that they think the original was flawed and that they could improve on it

I watched Senna the day after as I'd had it on the backburner. It was excellent and really gave a great behind the scenes insight into what was going on. The politics, the cheating, the corruption that sadly mar all sport these days.

:lol:

Definitely. I studied for my law degree on the back of a law film. I have done nothing with the degree... Yet... But i love that the direction of my life was kick started by a film!!*

* i think it's important to say here that it wasn't just the film but i enjoy the subject, arguing a point, almost like solving a cryptic puzzle, managing the clues to find the appropriate answer.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What's that reaction for?

A generation of people and i include my sister who is a brief have grown up on ****ty movies that grisham fella and think it is an honurable calling and they are doing good.

They are not doing good or making for a better society, they are and have created this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...y-in-Britain-because-of-his-human-rights.html

If you need to find inspiration for a career can i suggest you watch dexter the t.v. show, now that character has the right idea on how to deal with scum, and if you get some pleasure from it well more power to you laddy.

Lawyers have ****ed this country, we aint need anymore of them.

I'm a huge fan of Dexter, so no encouragement needed to watch that show. Hoping that the latest season is ramped up to give us the best end to the season, and the show, possible; a fitting ending.

I have no misgivings that being a lawyer would mean acting like a **** at times. People are guilty and then represented by ****s to try to act not guilty but it's a challenge and one that I'd rise to.

I enjoy the work involved, not perhaps the full nature of the job and everyone deserves fair representation. Even if they are guilty as sin, should we just throw stones at them and not hear their side? Once their side is heard, the throwing can commence but we get to decide if its rocks or pebbles that are thrown.

I am debating getting in to auditing. I know having a legal background would help and I'm not able to finance LLP or BAR yet. Hard to get in to the legal sector as a graduate, same as it is with other industries, especially as my A-Level grades are ****e...doesn't matter to many that I took my A-Levels 16 years ago!! And that the LLB is my second degree.

Just watched the Magnificent Eleven with Sean Pertwee and Keith Allen.....oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. For those who might see it advertised and think, a footy film with a bit of comedy? dont do it. 1/10

I'm about to watch Pain & Gain. After walking out of About Time, I hope this one is at least worth watching.

Watched the second half of Last Samurai earlier, enjoy the film even if Tom Cruise can grate at times.

i'm about to watch pain & gain. After walking out of about time, i hope this one is at least worth watching.

Watched the second half of last samurai earlier, enjoy the film even if tom cruise can grate at times.

dont watch it

its ****in ****

it is ****in abysmal. Over two hours of ****e

dont watch it

its ****in ****

Sounds just what I expected tbh. Saw the trailer last week, and it just didnt grab me at all. Monk and The Rock in the same film, just doesnt sound right to start with

dont watch it

its ****in ****

Mate, you're too kind! That was the kind of ****e that a ****e would be embarrassed about squeezing out!!

It was the kind of ****e that helps define the true depths to which ****e can sink!!

I was very close to walking out, it just never did anything for me. Seemed to drag along, bored out of my mind with its ****eness!!

At least this week, I got to see Rush...the one saving grace of my movie going week.

Back