• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Enjoyed The Millers film, enjoyed watching Jennifer Aniston's prancing about in very little. Thought that it was funnier than I'd anticipated and the film elaborates upon parts of the trailer which only serves to improve my perception of the film. Good that the trailer wasnt simply a compilation of all the funny scenes in the movie.

Enjoyed The Millers film, enjoyed watching Jennifer Aniston's prancing about in very little. Thought that it was funnier than I'd anticipated and the film elaborates upon parts of the trailer which only serves to improve my perception of the film. Good that the trailer wasnt simply a compilation of all the funny scenes in the movie.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree

Saw Rush last night, very entertaining even if it does blur the lines between fact and fiction somewhat.

The Way Way Back- One of my favourite films of the year so far and really funny!

Went to the Rush Premiere too the other night and found it very entertaining. Of course Hunt and Lauda's characters have been polarised a little and a few key facts were lost in the Hollywood storytelling but it delivered. I think they achieved in making motor racing more accessible and creating a good motor racing film of which there are very few indeed. The racing scenes were a definite improvement which a few of the drivers vouched for. Even though as a fan of Formula 1 from that era and knowing who finished where, by how many points etc it still just about provided that edge of the seat thrill.

Saw Rush last night, very entertaining even if it does blur the lines between fact and fiction somewhat.

The Way Way Back- One of my favourite films of the year so far and really funny!

Looking forward to seeing both these films. Although its going to be weird wathcing Rush and thinking why is Thor driving an F1 car?

I feel bad and quite young not knowing the backstory behind Rush.

Is it worth learning before watchign the film?

How much DO you know of the events that took place and inspired the film?

I say inspired as the film was described by Ron Howard as being an interpretation, rather than a documentary. That said, only small tweaks separate the truth and the fiction and none of them are hugely game changing.

I know nothing of it.

I knew nothing either, still enjoyed the film. I learned after that the rivalry between the two was overblown in the film as they used to share a flat in London. But everything that happens on the track is pretty realistic.

Not as good as Senna though, even if Senna was a documentary rather than a film.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing both these films. Although its going to be weird wathcing Rush and thinking why is Thor driving an F1 car?

:lol: yeah that thought crossed my mind.

As good as Tom Cruise was in Jack Reacher, I actually think Chris Hemsworth would have been suited well for that role, he's a ****ing tank!

watched South Korean movie The Chaser last night - very good violent thriller, writing is a bit lazy in places though.

I knew nothing either, still enjoyed the film. I learned after that the rivalry between the two was overblown in the film as they used to share a flat in London. But everything that happens on the track is pretty realistic.

Not as good as Senna though, even if Senna was a documentary rather than a film.

Senna was one of the best documentaries i have ever seen

I know nothing of it.

I think you should just go see it. You'll likely want to read more in to the driver's lives after the film, at least that's what I've found with myself. I was very tempted to buy the book 'Shunt' earlier, the James Hunt autobiography, to read up on the moments of his life that he/his ghost writer chose to share.

I did though know all about the events of the movie. I have watched many documentaries about both Lauda and Hunt. I wasn't alive at the time of the dramatic clashes between the pair but their lives, particularly Niki Lauda's life has become much publicised in the history of F1.

I think you should just go see it. You'll likely want to read more in to the driver's lives after the film, at least that's what I've found with myself. I was very tempted to buy the book 'Shunt' earlier, the James Hunt autobiography, to read up on the moments of his life that he/his ghost writer chose to share.

I did though know all about the events of the movie. I have watched many documentaries about both Lauda and Hunt. I wasn't alive at the time of the dramatic clashes between the pair but their lives, particularly Niki Lauda's life has become much publicised in the history of F1.

Not knowing the history wasn't going to stop me from seeing it. I've heard nothing but good reviews, I was just asking if you'd need to know the history to feel connected to the film. A bit like Schindlers List or to an extent Senna, but I'll go see it and I have no doubt if I haven't read up on it by then, I'll end up reading more on it after watching the film if it's as good as mentioned ;)

Senna was one of the best documentaries i have ever seen

Yup. I thought it was an incredible movie, showed a great in sight in to the sport, with the tactics and the meetings between drivers shown publicly. Naturally, I enjoyed the action but Senna's death was tragic, the slow build up, the awareness that it was about to happen and then, the slight stun and sadness to see the moment at which a top sportsman and individual lost their live. :(

Back