• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

It's a Wonderful Life may be the tedious answer but that's the best Christmas movie, it's actually one of my favourite movies regardless of the time of year.

The film is like an alternative version of Christmas Carol but without the three ghosts. And James Stewart stands as one of the best actors of all time. A film back when story lines were of greater importance as there were no gimmicks like CGI or 3D.

Although it was released only years after 3D first made an appearance. I think it's surprising how many years ago 3D first appeared. I have House of Wax which was one of the first major 3D movies in the US.

Outside of that, I don't really like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I watched it for the first time the other week, really wanting to enjoy it, but it wasn't that great. Scrooged wasn't as funny or good as I remembered it being either, proved disappointing.

I like Die Hard and Elf.

Seen the hobbit twice in past few days...suffice to say I think its great, and on par with the lotr trilogy. The scene with gollum is brilliant.

Seen the hobbit twice in past few days...suffice to say I think its great, and on par with the lotr trilogy. The scene with gollum is brilliant.

Yup, the scene with Gollum is definitely the memorable scene to take from that movie. I think that saying it matches the quality of Lord of the Rings is overreaching but it never the less is a solid film and one of my favourites this year.

I think I would prefer to watch Life of Pi again though before watching The Hobbit, especially as I think Life of Pi lives better on the big screen in comparison to the smaller screen whereas the Hobbit will be equally good on a decent tv I think and so I can look forward to seeing Hobbit when it comes out on Sky.

Sorry to move off the Christmas theme, but managed to catch Life of Pi (in 3D) while down for the match at the weekend. Decent enough film, not a classic, far from it, but a good evening's watch 7/10

I am sure the only reason Cruise is in there is that he will attract more of the crowds than a Leeson or a Vin Diesel etc... lets be honest Vin Diesel is not on the level of cruise etc.

I think Jason Statham would have been good - love the transporter movies and he is a hunk of a man.

Someone like Laurence Fishburne has the right physique to play Reacher. Im so peeved about the choice, couldn't be more of a polar opposite to the man
himself grrrrr

It's a Wonderful Life may be the tedious answer but that's the best Christmas movie, it's actually one of my favourite movies regardless of the time of year.

The film is like an alternative version of Christmas Carol but without the three ghosts. And James Stewart stands as one of the best actors of all time. A film back when story lines were of greater importance as there were no gimmicks like CGI or 3D.

Although it was released only years after 3D first made an appearance. I think it's surprising how many years ago 3D first appeared. I have House of Wax which was one of the first major 3D movies in the US.

Outside of that, I don't really like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I watched it for the first time the other week, really wanting to enjoy it, but it wasn't that great. Scrooged wasn't as funny or good as I remembered it being either, proved disappointing.

I like Die Hard and Elf.

Its a Wonderful Life - alltime classic, what Christmas would be complete without it. The last bit with the Christmas tree..gets me every time.
Up there with A Christmas Carol (1951 Alistair Sim version) as the best Xmas film of all time

Girl with Dragon Tattoo on tonight - the swedish version - is it worth watching? considering I have seen the Daniel Craig one which I thought was very good.

Isnt Reacher white though

racist

though they have been talking about having a black bond in future and although i hate all that politcally crap gonad*s i don't see any reason why a black guy could not play bond or reacher. In the reacher books not much is made of his skin colour where as nearly every chapter his size is referenced. Anyone would have been better then a midget cruise in the role.

I watched The Hobbit last week and have racked up the Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers this week. I have watched the other two before but a long time ago - have never watched the Return of The King so gonna do that on sunday and I can't wait!

Back